HEY LINUS, I THINK THIS IS BETTER SOLUTION FOR "SLI" or "CROSSFIRE"

thach958

I think if you join 2 port hdmi or displayport for one signal picture

performance maybe will better than SLI or CROSSFIRE cable

this device can do this , resolution is 960x1080 per port , split resolution for 2 port

https://www.amazon.com/Revesun-Multi-Viewer-input-output-Switcher/dp/B01D89JEDI?th=1

or some screen have pip fullscreen mode !

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about right?

yes !! , I want linus check this !!!!

10 minutes ago, thach958 said:

I think if you join 2 port hdmi or displayport for one signal picture

performance maybe will better than SLI or CROSSFIRE cable

this device can do this , resolution is 960x1080 per port , split resolution for 2 port

https://www.amazon.com/Revesun-Multi-Viewer-input-output-Switcher/dp/B01D89JEDI?th=1

or some screen have pip fullscreen mode !

How will you get most games to work?

Windows doesn't know it is only half a screen, maybe if you ran it in windowed mode & framed it perfectly but .. it wouldn't make a difference.

Here is how you graphics card is actually stressed :

by having to drive said amount of pixels.

1920x1080 - 1280x720

Splitting that in half after the HDMI port doesn't do anything, the graphics core will still have to process 1920x1080 pixels in the end.

All I can see is desync between the left & right side or bottom & top depending on the PiP your screen supports.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 minutes ago, Kdog said:

Unfortunately, that is not how crossfire/SLI works nor how the switch you posted a link to works.  

maybe, but if surround spanning mode is work fine, I don't think have problem 

Hi, that's not how it works.

You cannot join two halves of an image and get double the performance.

Sorry.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-= Locked =-

Before this goes south I'll just lock this now.

@thach958 You need to research how SLI and Crossfire works. It is clear you do not have sufficient understanding on this subject.

In order to make what you propose to work it would take an incredible amount of work, timing, software and hardware collaboration that would result in very little improvement for the effort and time time taken.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER