COOKING WITH YOUR PC'S HEAT???1?

so, after LTT made the video about using your pc as a heater, I got an idea!

what if you used your pc to heat up a metal plate and make food with only the pc's heat????1?

so I thought... I do not have enough budget to do something like that but then it came to me, LTT can most likely do it so here is the video suggestion and how it will work.

use a water loop cooling system drive hot water under a metal plate (stuff like copper will be better) and maybe use liquid metal to get better heat transfer over to the copper plate and then put on it some dough to cook it and maybe even make pizza, i think people will love this... wont you??

There's a company using CPUs to heat their water supply, for maximum efficiency. They use Ryzen though, as while Intel CPUs are boiling hot, they weren't as efficient xD

Just get a GTX 480 and put some food on the grill Nvidia put on the front.

There are cooking techniques that only require temperatures of 55-70c for hours ( sous vide for example) so you could basically just modify a cpu cooler to maintain some water at that temperature throughout the cooking process.

Or you could use Peltier coolers and have the cold plate cool the chip while the hot plate heats food. Or have a water cooling solution move water through the water block and then warm water can go and heat something else in the house.

It's nothing original, it has been done, and it's just that it's more effort than worth it most of the time, that's why nobody does it (commercially, in volume etc)

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

FX 9590 should do the trick. 

Lol

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

1 hour ago, ZcanKal said:

Just get a GTX 480 and put some food on the grill Nvidia put on the front.

He asked for a heating device, not a explosive one :D:D

4 hours ago, WispyWoods said:

so, after LTT made the video about using your pc as a heater, I got an idea!

what if you used your pc to heat up a metal plate and make food with only the pc's heat????1?

so I thought... I do not have enough budget to do something like that but then it came to me, LTT can most likely do it so here is the video suggestion and how it will work.

use a water loop cooling system drive hot water under a metal plate (stuff like copper will be better) and maybe use liquid metal to get better heat transfer over to the copper plate and then put on it some dough to cook it and maybe even make pizza, i think people will love this... wont you??

Ya know, this would actually be a really cool follow-up to the Pizza Warming PC.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Why bother with something expensive when you can get something cheaper like the Pentium 4 or Pentium D? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'm actually building a PC with one, and three GTX 480's

In the early stages, the three GTX 480's worked great at reheating pizza at the PC shop

this is not really possible in any practical way simply because you want the PC components to stay cooler and as much below 100°C as possible while you need much higher temperatures for cooking.

and just to compare, even ultra wasteful CPU´s are barely putting out 250W of heat unless extremely overclocked.

Even the smallest heater on my oven has 1800W and cooking water on this takes a while.

12 hours ago, Leinad4400 said:

There's a company using CPUs to heat their water supply, for maximum efficiency. They use Ryzen though, as while Intel CPUs are boiling hot, they weren't as efficient xD

There are a few hospitals where I live which uses the heat from their data centers to heat the water which is then moved thru the building to heat stuff up. I have personally visited one of the placed and looked at this, and it is quite cool!

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"