Elric from ToT's health

Sfekke

Just thought I'd post it here so we can just sent him some nice/comforting tweets and/or comments.

Not much more we can do I suppose.

If you don't know what I'm talking about he uploaded a video April 27th discussing he's health status and man it looks bad, I feel like this guy never gets some rest. Life seems to throw shit at him all the time.

I just wanted to share this, not sure if everyone at the LTT community knows about him or cares but if you do .. well he "might not be around for much longer" - Pretty umch words he used

Video itself can be watched here : 

It seriously made me tear up at the end, that has never happened for me when watching any YouTube video.

Not sure if this is more Off-Topic, but it is related to tech so if need Moderators move it there if you so desire.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Unfortunate. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself soon.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Unfortunate. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself soon.

Sadly enough I feel the same way, if there was a way we could stop him that'd be amazing .. but there isn't.

Besides once you have to live through life like a plant I myself would ask to be put down, not through suicide though but euthanasia would be what I'd arrange.

Really sad though, besides LTT,BitWit,Hardwarecanucks and a couple other YouTubers Elric with ToT (& motherboards.org back when he owned it) also "really tickled my fancy" with just the right amount of everything.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Unfortunately, this is why toxicity should be filtered to some extent. People are always trying to be funny and anonymity makes people's inhibitions take the bench. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Sadly enough I feel the same way, if there was a way we could stop him that'd be amazing .. but there isn't.

Besides once you have to live through life like a plant I myself would ask to be put down, not through suicide though but euthanasia would be what I'd arrange.

Really sad though, besides LTT,BitWit,Hardwarecanucks and a couple other YouTubers Elric with ToT (& motherboards.org back when he owned it) also "really tickled my fancy" with just the right amount of everything.

Yeah. Just judging from the things he was saying, like how he was suicidal before, but the thought of leaving his kids had stopped him. He spoke in past tense, and I'm assuming his kids are still alive, so it kind of shows he no longer sees that as something to hold onto. A lot of it seemed more like a farewell/explanation than anything. Honestly, can't say I blame him. I mean yes, you can be kept alive with drugs. But breathing and a heart beat, while being alive, isn't living. At that point I'd argue it's better to leave earlier than later.

Interestingly suicide is just euthanasia by your own hand...so...you're really just arguing semantics there :P

I hated his videos, but no one should have to go through those diseases; it'll be a much better world once they're eradicated.

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Unfortunately, this is why toxicity should be filtered to some extent. People are always trying to be funny and anonymity makes people's inhibitions take the bench. 

The comments section was supposed to be pretty bad, though I think he brought a lot of that onto himself with the style of his videos over the years. I watched the AMD video of his from a week ago, and one of the first things I noticed was his hands shaking; I didn't jump to drugs though. But there was clearly something wrong.

I kind of like China's approach (at least the little of it I know), as creepy as it seems. I wonder how long anonymity remains.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

He's actually not going to do that.  He's not Abrahamic to the point he goes to Church; however, he believes in a connection with Yahweh.  That, plus a strong personal disbelief in suicide due to the toll it has on friends and family, is why he wouldn't off himself.  He's just paranoid about getting his leg cut off is all.

We'll see. Besides the point I brought up above, I believe in the video he said something about being "good with god." Something along those lines. I know that doesn't immediately point to suicide, but if you take a lot of the other cues in the video, it's not out of the realm of possibilities. If you think religious people don't commit suicide you're very, very wrong.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I dont blame him my mom had her leg cut off, although for her it was a relief, the change in life style was dramatic she basically became a hermit and need everyone to help her with everything.

I really do wish him the best

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

We'll see. Besides the point I brought up above, I believe in the video he said something about being "good with god." Something along those lines. I know that doesn't immediately point to suicide, but if you take a lot of the other cues in the video, it's not out of the realm of possibilities. If you think religious people don't commit suicide you're very, very wrong.

As mentioned before he did say he beliefs that and I quote "Suicide is a sin".

But that doesn't mean it wont happen, once you snap (if you can call it that) there is no stopping. Logical thinking & religion out the window. Only thing able to save you then is luck or someone physically able to stop you before the act.

At the end if you look closely you can see him tear up a little, if you do that on video it shows you are reaching an dangerous emotional state.

Especially since this isn't fabricated drama with fake tears, he is in real pain with real trouble.

Anyhow those are a couple additions to my opinion on this, lets hope he doesn't take he's own life but decides to do it in a more humane way if at all.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

If someone has a way of contacting him, I’d suggest looking at some cannabis products. It often works wonders for Parkinson’s symptoms as a temporary relief. Also seems to work in concert wit opiates so you don’t need to take as much to manage pain. It may help with his nausea as well. 

Yeah, I posted about it in a status update yesterday. It's pretty horrific what he's going through. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can someone explain? I dont know him and would like some context. Cant watch the video right now.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Just now, Taja said:

Can someone explain? I dont know him and would like some context. Cant watch the video right now.

He's been diagnosed with early Parkinson's, had both of his feet amputated, and may need to have his left or right(can't remember) leg amputated due to an infection resulting from him not taking any antibiotics anymore(interfering with some of his other medication), and he's also diabetic. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

13 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

He's been diagnosed with early Parkinson's, had both of his feet amputated, and may need to have his left or right(can't remember) leg amputated due to an infection resulting from him not taking any antibiotics anymore(interfering with some of his other medication), and he's also diabetic. 

That after the whole motherboards.org debacle, which is why I said life doesn't even give him lemons to make lemonade.

Makes you think about how lucky you yourself actually are  in my case it did.  

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

13 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The antibiotics were affecting his gut. According to the video, he has to take probiotics with his antibiotics now. I don’t know what stopped his doctor from giving subq, but that may have been better for his case. Elric will likely have to drink bone broth and similar liquid meals until his biome regrows.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

All I know is I feel bad for him in that he actually had to ask people to stop making fun of his shaking hands in videos.  Whether he had an illness or not this is yet another example of why the world needs to burn.  Mankind needs to be eradicated from this Earth.

I seriously wish him the best, trying to control mankinds actions is like trying to tell the ocean to form into the Empire State Building and colour itself purple.

New rules won't change a thing, new social structures probably not, we are a people of materialism and for many too many we have lost our spiritual connection, and especially the ability to turn something into light when facing utter darkness.

Hope can be found, you just have to go looking and have the mindset to not see anything else but.  Difficult yes, but ain't the best things in life just that?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.