How long do you guys play a game then realise that "ok at least I have played it X amount of hours, Ive got my money back"

mrchow19910319

Lets be honest here... sometimes we dont actually complete games we bought, sometimes we lose interest, after a couple of hours of playing it. 

I still have a bunch of games in my steam library that I have only been played for 2 hours, then I just leave it there. 

For me I think I would like to play a game for at least, 60 hours, then I can say that : "yeah whatever amount of money I have spent, I can call it worth now."

But then at the same time there are games that I have not been playing for that amount of hours, but STILL i called it worth cos the game is either

1. TOO FREAKING GOOD (like this war of mine)
  2. I got it at dirt cheap price

The game I played the most were:

1. Witcher 3
  2. Battlefield 3,4
  3. GTA V
  4. cities skylines (more than GTA V lol)
  5. hitman 2016

The game I barely touched:

1. rise of the tomb raider
  2. the division

What about you guys? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Like 40 hours unless the story is really good i.e. bioshock although even then I did feel it was a bit expensive but still worth MSRP.

Most played for me are:

1. Runescape (by far, all my other games combined probably don't add up to this much - played for over half my life)

2. COD: MW3

3. Hearthstone

4. Overwatch

5. Counter strike source

Can't comment on barely touched because so many.. xD

90% of the games in my steam library have less than 0.5 hour of played time. One has thousands of hours on record but just one....

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Lets be honest here... sometimes we dont actually complete games we bought, sometimes we lose interest, after a couple of hours of playing it. 

I still have a bunch of games in my steam library that I have only been played for 2 hours, then I just leave it there. 

For me I think I would like to play a game for at least, 60 hours, then I can say that : "yeah whatever amount of money I have spent, I can call it worth now."

But then at the same time there are games that I have not been playing for that amount of hours, but STILL i called it worth cos the game is either

1. TOO FREAKING GOOD (like this war of mine)
  2. I got it at dirt cheap price

The game I played the most were:

1. Witcher 3
  2. Battlefield 3,4
  3. GTA V
  4. cities skylines (more than GTA V lol)
  5. hitman 2016

2. the division

What about you guys? 

Oh god dude I've sunk 1300 hours into TF2 alone and that game is free... (well not for me, I made some really financially irresponsible decisions regarding cosmetics... gotta have them sweet sweet hats. Regardless, I'd say I made whatever I spent back in spades) I have about 700 on GMod, so I'd say I've certainly got the most out of it. I have about 300 in F:NV, and 100 in Super Meat Boy. It would seem as though I don't suffer from the problem of "buying games and never playing them". Mostly cause I'm poor lmao

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

depends how much i payed.

though that being said, Warframe is my longest played game in steam, which is free to play, at 700 hours

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

For me, how long I play a game is irrelevant to whether I think it was worth it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

See, I avoid all of this by only getting games when they're on sale.

Means I have to play less before "making my money back".

I've invested over 20 hours each in both of the Portal games, and those are definitely worth the money(got both for a low price as well during a sale).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Origional Startcraft 

Age of empires 2 

Warcraft 3

Spore

Peggle

Diablo 1 and 2

Sacred

Sims city

Zuma

Rogue (think it was a dos game)

Minesweeper

MAG

Battlefield 2

Any of the starwars games. 40+ hours on each, loved em all.

I guess im too busy to get that absorbed into any modern games.

Edit: cant forget starsiege tribes and tribes ascend!! 500+ hrs buy they arent worth playing anymore.

For minecraft I got my moneys worth before I played. Thank you Minecraftsp RIP. 

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

-

I do not want to think of the time wasted, countless hours I could have spend more meaningfully and productively.

Which I find making a plan for the day helps out a lot. Making a to do list and a recreation list, like I want to go hiking to a mountain peak this year, and camp up on that peak. Which I will do. Wasted too much time on the pc!

Basically once I reach a $/h i'm fine :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I want to play at least 1 hour of gameplay per Euro it costed me (what it costed me is including the possible DLC expansions etc. I bought). E.g. a 60 euro game I want to play for at least 60 hours, but a 10 Euro game I would be fine with 10 hours.

There are games that have far exceeded this though. For example I bought Skyrim Legendary edition for 15 euro in 2013. Played that game for 370 hours. Plus that made me get Skyrim SE for free, which I have 270 hours in at the moment. All those hours for 15 euros.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, fringie said:

5. Counter strike source

yeah yeah... saw someone posted his steam game status -- 1000 hours plus.... and it is quite common that CS players put in that kind of hour..

2 hours ago, wasab said:

90% of the games in my steam library have less than 0.5 hour of played time. One has thousands of hours on record but just one....

what is it??? the 1000 hour one? 

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

playing God of War and definitely feel i got my money's worth. add Horizon Zero Dawn as well

the new god of war looks amazing on ps4 pro. also horizon too

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

For me, how long I play a game is irrelevant to whether I think it was worth it.

ahhh i see. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

For minecraft I got my moneys worth before I played. Thank you Minecraftsp RIP. 

wait... what you mean? know nothing about minecraft...

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

I do not want to think of the time wasted, countless hours I could have spend more meaningfully and productively.

Which I find making a plan for the day helps out a lot. Making a to do list and a recreation list, like I want to go hiking to a mountain peak this year, and camp up on that peak. Which I will do. Wasted too much time on the pc!

the thing about entertainment is this, it only feels real good for X amount of hour, after that is just procrastination and sometimes even worse, you feel bad about doing something that is supposed to be relaxing and fun

28 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I want to play at least 1 hour of gameplay per Euro it costed me (what it costed me is including the possible DLC expansions etc. I bought). E.g. a 60 euro game I want to play for at least 60 hours, but a 10 Euro game I would be fine with 10 hours.

There are games that have far exceeded this though. For example I bought Skyrim Legendary edition for 15 euro in 2013. Played that game for 370 hours. Plus that made me get Skyrim SE for free, which I have 270 hours in at the moment. All those hours for 15 euros.

yeah.. same here... i dont have a huge steam library cos I got into pc gaming late, and I havent bought that much game , plus that nowadays i know I dont have the stamina or patient to finish one game. so I just stopped buying. 

I've played HuniePop for about 40 minutes. I got my money's worth. Paid like $2.40. Well my friend did and gifted it to me... ?

I bought Skyrim for $20 with all the DLC's included and invested over 500 hours in the game. In my opinion I got my money's worth around 100 hours after installing most of the mods I wanted. I try to get games when they have good sales because I'm not sure if I'll get enough time to even play them. 52 games in my Steam library so far. Played about 10 of them.. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Me too. I bought it for Christmas, and I played it for, like an hour or two. I haven't touched it since.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Excluding TF2 and CSGO with both over 2000 hours my most played ones are:

• Rainbow Six Siege - 560 hours
  • Witcher 3 - 311 hours (still going!!!!)
  • CIV V - 174 hours
  • GTA V - 105 hours (should really play that again)
  • GTA IV - 100 hours

I am a huge fan of a good story. That's why Iove the Witcher 3 and GTA IV. 60€ for the game and both DLC's actually felt like too little for me, 80 or 100 bucks would still be a good price. I own the Division but didn't really touch it, maybe 2 hours? Not even I guess.

My minimum count of hours for a game to be considered decent would be 40-50 hours playtime without getting bored, I guess.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

GROUP B - The Golden Era of Rallying :x

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1843 ($491 with sales)
  • Games owned: 129
  • Games played: 103 (79%)
  • Hours on record: 6,564.3h

54 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Me too. I bought it for Christmas, and I played it for, like an hour or two. I haven't touched it since.

everyone keeps saying how amazing that game was.. me was like: er... i dont want to play this anymore/....

47 minutes ago, Rappalores said:

Excluding TF2 and CSGO with both over 2000 hours my most played ones are:

• Rainbow Six Siege - 560 hours
  • Witcher 3 - 311 hours (still going!!!!)
  • CIV V - 174 hours
  • GTA V - 105 hours (should really play that again)
  • GTA IV - 100 hours

I am a huge fan of a good story. That's why Iove the Witcher 3 and GTA IV. 60€ for the game and both DLC's actually felt like too little for me, 80 or 100 bucks would still be a good price. I own the Division but didn't really touch it, maybe 2 hours? Not even I guess.

My minimum count of hours for a game to be considered decent would be 40-50 hours playtime without getting bored, I guess.

true gamer xD if you enjoyed it, worth it !