Avicii is dead

Evolution.

well that sucks. was one of the better EDM producers out there.

However i cant really say im surprised as such, early in his career his health took a nose dive and just got worse, he was suffering from depression, anxiety and alcoholism which put him in hospital twice.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Died like a rock star! Choked on his own vomit or O.D.'d or hanging like Chris and Robin.

I dont think many people realize that you can die coming off of alcohol.

Wonder what he was doing in a far away country like Oman.

I wish his family the best.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Died like a rock star! Choked on his own vomit or O.D.'d or hanging like Chris and Robin.

I dont think many people realize that you can die coming off of alcohol.

I wish his family the best.

did he really choke on vomit bon聽scott style?聽

muh specs聽

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k-聽4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0 聽ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor聽XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't聽remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3聽聽ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it.聽

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff.聽

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf-聽i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Idk if this is true, but a thread on reddit said that you would go to Oman to escape Dubai (apparently a lot of parties?) for a bit to "recover".

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcKiNsidEsPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Dubai no alcohol, but only in small expat areas or way out in the desert, so makes sense. All the money and he never bothered to recover, its a sad sad DISease

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

did he really choke on vomit bon聽scott style?聽

I dont know, but usually thats how they go. Or OD injecting drugs, cant die coming off drugs.

Didn't know who he was before.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 -聽i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti聽

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Didn't know who he was before.

I heard his song on the cell phone data internet radio, I only recognized it as a heavily played song and a song that is computerized or sythensized so I immediately turned to a different radio station. I am not into that stuff, I like Classic Rock before all the synth stuff. You know when you are scanning through radio station, and you keep hearing the same song, and you keep on scanning, and every 30 minutes you hear the same song on the same 2 radio station who always play that synth music.

Omg... damn that sucks, i played his song "wake me up" on stage for a couple thousand聽people.聽

I was just watching some video a week ago about his house too.

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I dont know, but usually thats how they go. Or OD injecting drugs, cant die coming off drugs.

That is blatantly false. Not only do you generalize way too broadly in terms of just stating "drugs", but you also negate the effects can be more or less severe depending on the person.

It's not uncommon for people going cold turkey on an opiate addiction to die from complications of the withdrawals.

The same is true for people suffering from withdrawals from non-opiate painkillers.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records聽| Cassette tapes

RIP. This is one of my favorite songs from him and I鈥檓 not even a fan of EDM or electronic music.聽

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

That is blatantly false. Not only do you generalize way too broadly in terms of just stating "drugs", but you also negate the effects can be more or less severe depending on the person.

It's not uncommon for people going cold turkey on an opiate addiction to die from complications of the withdrawals.

The same is true for people suffering from withdrawals from non-opiate painkillers.

Yeah and pot can cause mental disorders, but people say its completely safe. Its okay to generalize, everyone does it.

8 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Yeah and pot can cause mental disorders, but people say its completely safe. Its okay to generalize, everyone does it.

Id love to see the source.

17 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Just learn about hppd, its caused by everything from pot to lsd.聽

19 hours ago, Canada EH said:

He had stopped the full-on touring, but was occasionally still performing.聽 Apparently he had a gig there.聽

Too bad, he was really talented.

19 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Choked on his own vomit or O.D.'d

Unless anyone confirms officially that he died from vomit or OD'd on drugs, I'd say stop chatting wet.聽

Police have already said it's not suspious aka drugs.

There is "no criminal suspicion" in the death of star DJ Avicii, according to a source in Oman's police force.

The source said two post-mortem examinations had been conducted and "we absolutely confirmed that there is no criminal suspicion of death".

Personally never heard his music (I think). It's always sad when young people die due to preventable issues like this. Thousands who don't make headlines die every year but the famous always remind us of the issues.

3 hours ago, Mutoh said:

I know there is a chemical component that causes increased brain issues of some sort, of what type and what chemical I don't remember. All I do know is the medical stuff generally has less of the chemical if any at all. I could find out again, but I just don't feel like it, I think it's聽THC.

4 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Just learn about hppd, its caused by everything from pot to lsd.聽

Thats not really a source.

Also literally the first thing you read when you do look it up:

"The cause(s) of HPPD are not yet known"

and then afterwards is a bunch of speculation and conjecture.

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

This could be anything from Aluminium all the way to VX.

I was referring to marijuana聽;)

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

Who knows what is inside the weed. At least in frankfurt (germany)聽there is not much heroin in your heroin (average 9%, 1-53% was found which is atleast not zero). If you think that all sampels have had the same cocktail you are wrong.

The conversation went based on (or my taking) weed as a standalone (whats actually inside the plant)聽not whatever the dealer put in or modifications to the plant to produce more of one type of chemical within it. Thats why I said I think it's THC, which is a chemical compound naturally found within the plant itself.

I personally can't be around the stuff, but if said person wants to go to the shadiest dealer going or piss off a good one, yea expect garbage to be put in it. Medical versions of the drugs are strictly controlled however, or at least here they are.

2 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

Who knows what is inside the weed. At least in frankfurt (germany)聽there is not much heroin in your heroin (average 9%, 1-53% was found which is atleast not zero). If you think that all sampels have had the same cocktail you are wrong.

When you buy it off the street, you have no clue whats in the shit, none. The dealer could have added in anything they wish to fatten their profits. Thats why the legalization and professional growers are going to boom, but with that boom comes an avalanche of problems for renters, place of employment, condo boards, roadside tests and more!

3 hours ago, Mutoh said:

Thats not really a source.

Also literally the first thing you read when you do look it up:

"The cause(s) of HPPD are not yet known"

and then afterwards is a bunch of speculation and conjecture.

Well it happened to me, which i dont want to throw out there because theres no cure. I think mines probably permanent since its been a few years.

After a year you kinda just get over having it.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

roadside tests and more!

Have you seen the聽MADD commercial? It's idiotic.

My personal fav video about weed is this one:

If a officer suspects you to be intoxicated by a聽drug they can take you in for a blood/urine testing esp if you fail the roadside test, or you simply smell of it with a weird language pattern etc.

IDK why people keep thinking drugs that make you relaxed (like weed/muscle relaxants)聽are perfectly safe to use behind the wheel...聽

7 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Close minded attitude.

Seems ironic you say that.