Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

I know someone who works there guys call AppleCare and ask to speak to a senior advisor they will take ownership of your case until they come up with a resolution, there are other options if they are unable to repair the iMac pro at the moment such as replacement of the entire mac due to a back ordered part I would definitely suggest making another call. You can find your local AppleCare phone number using this link. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

The answer is simple

nuke apple ?

As long a should can ship it to India I can help you with a third party replacement

Edited by Roshan6951

As far as I know, the screen on the iMac Pro is the same as the screen on the 'regular' 5K iMac, so why don't you swap the screen?

1 minute ago, Bartoes said:

As far as I know, the screen on the iMac Pro is the same as the screen on the 'regular' 5K iMac, so why don't you swap the screen?

Because he also needs the controller that is different, the socket is also different and he needs to also change the serial numbers inside the system for the parts to function properly after an update or format

CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @4.25

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Flare X @3200Mhz 14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)

Why did they include a fake explosion in the video when he reattached the screen? Seems really stupid to do that.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

37 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

(TIL 某宝, LOL)

他们是应该会用掏宝吧,重点可能只是从上海 运去加拿大的时间...

Well, they're in Vancouver, so that would be better than me on the East coast with my 21+ hour trip from Montréal to SHA, or my orders that takes forever to arrive after they are received over there :P

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Have contacted my Chanels in shengzen.. It's late over there, so they will get back to me tomorrow 

I think you should go to PC Rescue Squad as they fix apple computers and everything you can actually believe. Please just go to them you will be proud!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, Alih60XRZ said:

I think you should go to PC Rescue Squad as they fix apple computers and everything you can actually believe. Please just go to them you will be proud!!!!!!!

Yep i agree!

2 minutes ago, mrnehemiahreese said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

What?? How can you turn off and on a broken screen!!!

Man you need to seriously watch computer videos(no offence)

20 minutes ago, mrnehemiahreese said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Are you sure it's plugged in? 

I would try the Better Business Bureau. It won't be immediate but you'll hear from someone who is more than just a dufus at the Apple store.

That was funny. Just broke the screen and the whole computer turn into metal lel..... Feel bad man

23 minutes ago, HeXN0P said:

That was funny. Just broke the screen and the whole computer turn into metal lel..... Feel bad man

if it were a #PCMasterRace product you could just have bought a new screen. :P

speaking of PCMasterRace, what if Linus had broke the RAM slots? would they have said the same. Oh, no we can't fix it, it's garbage xD 

1 hour ago, Alih60XRZ said:

What?? How can you turn off and on a broken screen!!!

Man you need to seriously watch computer videos(no offence)

Most computers have like a power button and you press on it? Never know it might work.

Apple customer service in Canada is hopeless..

I'm an Australian, I was in living in Canada (Vancouver, BC) and had an issue with my late 2013 MacBook Pro (the battery was swelling pretty bad, and bottom flap was split open).

I took it to Apple Canada mid last year, said nope, we can't fix it (out of warranty) unless you pay something like $375 CAD + tax.. I also tried to pursue it by email support, but to no avail.. (they always seem to try to be 'sympathetic' to you but with no real results).. I returned back to Australia end of last year and took my MacBook to the Genius guys about an OSX issue (unrelated to the battery, as I gave up on it).. but the technician there basically said, 'No.. I can't let you leave here with this..' referring to the open bottom/battery swelling issue.. and basically said they will fix it free of charge! The actual invoice was $700+ AUD but was it waiver from the great Genius guys from Apple Australia.

I've also had a good experience with Apple in the UK when I had a battery issue with my iPhone 5 (out of warranty), they replaced it on the spot free of charge.

Now I'm not saying you should be able to get it fixed free of charge, but if you're willing to pay for the repairs.. I can't see why not. But based on my experience with Apple in Canada.. you have no hope. You would expect the same customer service where ever you go.. but it seems like that's not the case.

On 17/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, GabenJr said:

hey linus, i know a guy who knows a guy that can definitely help with you´re situation. E-mail meg at: davur94 @gmail.com.

I think that Apple should offer a discount on a new iMac Pro, for the same price as the repair would cost. With the same specs as when this one was purchased, then they can eventually, one day, maybe refurbish this one and sell it as refurbished.

6 hours ago, aflyinghotpocket said:

I mean.... TBH.... this guy has a point. Just saying. 

The comparisons he made a absolutely terrible. 

I'll start with the video description.

Umm, if you drove your car into a pole right after buying it... that's not the dealers fault. That just means you're dumb.

No one said the damage was Apple's fault. Let's get that cleared up. It's pretty obvious (unless you have your head in a bucket of sand) that no one is blaming the fact that the display was damaged, on Apple.

What is infuriating is that they are selling a several thousand dollar product that they themselves, have no idea on how to even attempt to fix this thing. Even for something as simple as a display. Heaven forbid the motherboard just dies on that thing under normal use, which I suspect will happen to someone at some point given their track record with MacBooks over the past couple of years.

He then compared this situation to soldering your own headphone jacks into an iPhone. First of all, there's a big difference between swapping a few sticks of RAM (DIMMS, not soldered, so there are DIMM slots already in the design of the machine) and soldering and wiring a headphone jack that was never supposed to be there. Secondly, the damage to the display is separate from the memory upgrade. The action of upgrading memory doesn't cause glass to crack. This is a repair request of something completely unrelated. 

I can go on and on about this video. Him bad mouthing the recreation of what happened, dropping the display a second time. Recreation = context of what happened. Dropping it a second time? The display is already broken and had to be replaced as an entire unit. You can throw the display out the window, it was just going be thrown in the bin by Apple anyways (surprised?). 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

23 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I don’t care 

It's a good opportunity to show some people here that you take an objective approach to everything, including Apple. I'm sure a lot of people are still skeptical the moment they see your name while browsing a thread, particularly when it's about Microsoft and Google. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580