What DAC/AMP to get for my ATH-M50s?

Saaq

So i got my ATH-M50s like a year ago, and i have been very happy with them so far. But i have been looking around on youtube and seeing a lot of people having dac/amps so i figured that i should prolly get one to. Since audio is very important to me. But i that really know which one to get. The ones i have been looking on so far is the Fiio e17 and the Fiio e10 but i dont really know what the difference is betwen them. So i was hoping i could get some help here.

i would say that my budget is around 100usd

Fiio E10. Amazing ! Never used though! :D. Just based upon customer reviews

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

DAC stands for Digital to Analog Converter.
its processes your sound and makes it audible.

Watch this video @MayflowerElectronics did

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

So i got my ATH-M50s like a year ago, and i have been very happy with them so far. But i have been looking around on youtube and seeing a lot of people having dac/amps so i figured that i should prolly get one to. Since audio is very important to me. But i that really know which one to get. The ones i have been looking on so far is the Fiio e17 and the Fiio e10 but i dont really know what the difference is betwen them. So i was hoping i could get some help here.

You're happy with it, good. Don't think you need a dac if there isn't hiss pop or what so ever. Plus 38ohm phones doesn't really need an amp over your on board.

Save ur 100 dollar.

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

wow thank you for all the fast replies, love this forum! 

So it seems like the fiio e10 is the one to get. 

You're happy with it, good. Don't think you need a dac if there isn't hiss pop or what so ever. Plus 38ohm phones doesn't really need an amp over your on board.

Save ur 100 dollar.

I did indeed say that i was happy with how they sounded, but i still want them to sound better if its possible.

I've an E7 its better than E10. You can get it from http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20 search for Fiio E7. Its 69.90USD

i use the FiiO e10 for the bass boost

and my on-board sound is kinda broken so i had to get a exteranl DAC

BUT if your on-board sound dont have interference from your gpu or whatever JUST GO WITH THE ONBOARD SOUND DONT WASTE THE MONEY

I have an E17, it's more versatile. I use the battery for power as the USB can get noisy sometimes (and just use the optical input).  Plus, when on the go, I can still use it (and doesn't drain my laptop battery).  I also plug my phone in it, and just switch back and forth for phone calls (why not lol).  The only Thing I would want more is a turn dial for it (then again, I just leave it at max).

Aside from that, the EQ is helpful because I find my M50's are too "bright".

My Rigs (past and present)

isn't the E7 an older verision of the E17?

E17 is an improve version. It won't be that noticeable on ATH-M50. Unless you really wants it then you're going to pay around 130USD for it. I'm using Westone UM Pro 30 tried to test it in store. Just doesn't feel any difference. The store staff said unless you're using very high end headphone or else its very hard to tell a difference.

i use the FiiO e10 for the bass boost

and my on-board sound is kinda broken so i had to get a exteranl DAC

BUT if your on-board sound dont have interference from your gpu or whatever JUST GO WITH THE ONBOARD SOUND DONT WASTE THE MONEY

yeah i always get hissing noice, at first i thought i had broken my headphones.. but now im pretty sure its the onboard. My motherboard is around 5 years old.

yeah i always get hissing noice, at first i thought i had broken my headphones.. but now im pretty sure its the onboard. My motherboard is around 5 years old.

ya if you do want a soundcard get a external DAC just look for one on amazon with good reviews and is rather cheep :P

Oh man, I just realized you're in Sweden. The E10 might be way overpriced there.

yeah i know everything is so expensive here :( but im going to try to buy it from Ebay, But im scared that i will have to pay customs and all that shit. 

yeah i know everything is so expensive here :( but im going to try to buy it from Ebay, But im scared that i will have to pay customs and all that shit. 

should ask someone on the forum to buy it for you in the US and ship it to you. 

isn't the E7 an older verision of the E17?

The E17 is a better, newer version. Successor pe sé

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Try Massdrop. They normally have reasonable shipping rates. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fiio-e10

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

is that safe? that price is awesome!

They do take awhile to get the order ready and then ship it out because they don't have a warehouse (and they enjoy smoking a certain plant), but other than that they're good. You can even pay with bitcoins.