Case Choosing help

Case Choosing HELP  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these Cases would you choose?

• NZXT S340 White Elite
    • Cooler Master H500p Mesh
    • BeQuiet! Dark Base 700
    • Fractal Design - Meshify C
    • Cougar - MX330
    • Corsair Carbide Clear 600C

So I've been looking at a few cases, but I don't know what kind of case would fit my build? If you guys could help me out that would be awesome! Some I had in mind myself were: Coolermaster H500p Mesh, NZXT h700i, Corsair 400C.

My Budget is around $175 for the case.

These are my components:

CPU: i7-8700k

CPU COOLER: Corsair150i pro rgb or Corsair h100 v.2 (haven't decided yet) 

GPU: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

PSU: Coolermaster V750 80+ Gold
MOBO: Asus Prime z370-a

STORAGE: Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 + samsung 850 evo 500gb

MEMORY: G.Skill trident z rgb 3200MHz 16GB

2 hours ago, Joelss said:

So I've been looking at a few cases, but I don't know what kind of case would fit my build? If you guys could help me out that would be awesome! Some I had in mind myself were: Coolermaster H500p Mesh, NZXT h700i, Corsair 400C.

These are my components:

If you have the money for the H500p, get it. <removed>

Edited by SansVarnic

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

2 minutes ago, Joelss said:

Is that the "founders edition" Asus card, or their STRIX tripple fan card?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

12 minutes ago, Joelss said:

These are my components:

Is there anything you are looking for in a case? I personally like Fractal Design cases because I like the minimalistic look and plenty of dust filters (to help lower maintenance).  I'm using the Fractal Design Meshify C. (It's small and has tempered glass too). 

<removed>

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Anyways the reason I ask this is because if it's the strix Edition, I cannot recommend the Meshify C Which is kinda the Go-To case, in which case the Enthoo Pro M TG is the best alternative under $100. Above $100, The Define R6 is probably the best case for the money. I believe the H700i is technically out of budget, as most places have it for around $190 unless I'm missing some sort of sale going on, and the H500P Mesh has great airflow but leaves much to be desired in the cable management.

Edited by SansVarnic

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

18 minutes ago, Joelss said:

In all fairness cases are pretty much all the same functional speaking they hold your hardware and can house fans so it's much more about what you like whether it's aesthetics or build experience than functionality. Choose your AIO cooler first before choosing the case so you know which you one you need. 

Edit: Also don't let the strongly opinionated individuals decide for you. 

2 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

LMAO And the coolermaster h500 has good airflow? You are joking right? 

I don't care about airflow, the look is all that really matters. And I am not one for the RGB mess that the h500p is.

To be fair, OP reference the H500P Mesh that has the updated front panel and top panels which are significantly better

Just now, TVwazhere said:

To be fair, OP reference the H500P Mesh that has the updated front panel and top panels which are significantly better

Still, it is dumb to fault NZXT for having bad airflow when their goal wasn't ever airflow. Its not like they advertised high airflow everywhere then came out with a tempered glass panel in front of the fans

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm not going to lie, that made me laugh in a good way. 

As it should, it was in jest.

Personally? I like the Cougar MX 330. It's my current case.

SLI GTX 1070s. A mistake.

IMG_20171204_181030.jpg

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

19 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's their Strix triple fan card ^^

1 minute ago, Joelss said:

It's their Strix triple fan card ^^

Ah, then you would not be able use the Meshify C since you'd have to front mount the H150i pro, as that card is otherwise too long. :( 

Heya, so I've come up with some cases, that look good to me, but I want to hear what you would choose!

Once you've chosen one of the answers leave an explanation why you would choose that one!

If you have any other case suggestions, leave them down below.

Overdone

Meh on the airflow game in spite of legacy

Too huge

Aww ye

Also looks too huge

It's ok

You have a very wide range of sizes and styles there. Comparing the compact Meshify C against the large H500P doesn't seem right.

-= Thread Cleaned =-

Lets keep to the topic at hand.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

57 minutes ago, DarkStang said:

You have a very wide range of sizes and styles there. Comparing the compact Meshify C against the large H500P doesn't seem right.

I'm more asking what people prefer than comparing them.

I got some 180$ on here, but also some 70$.

9 minutes ago, Joelss said:

I'm more asking what people prefer than comparing them.

I got some 180$ on here, but also some 70$.

Definitely keep your PC specs on here, as it matters wen choosing which case will actually fit all the stuff you need (that 360 AIO and Asus Strix card for example). 

Can the h500p mesh fit a 360mm AIO up top?

9 hours ago, Meltz said:

Can the h500p mesh fit a 360mm AIO up top?

Yup it can.

None, get the Fractral Design R6 in white with TG, looks amazing! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, just tilt said:

Do you plan on OCing your CPU?

Maybe mildly, but probably not.

1 minute ago, Joelss said:

Maybe mildly, but probably not.

Then spare the cooler and go for the better looking/more expensive case.