£700 Build.

Trickster

I am looking to go back to a desktop from having a laptop. I will be using it for mostly multitasking, and playing WoW. and a few other games.

I am in the UK. So the parts would need to be from either www.ebuyer.com or www.scan.co.uk

I'd like a decent case with good cable management, and also a modular PSU, as i like having tidy cases with no wires etc.

I don't need keyboard or mouse or monitor, or windows. as i have that.

What would you guys reccomend for me? I'd also like water cooling, for the cpu, so the all in one cpu water coolers. :)

Thanks.

Update coming soon.......... ;)

Something like this, you won't need a watercooler http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Jamdude/saved/3bvx

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Absolutely back the build by Jamdude, that's as solid as you get for that price IMO. Watercooling just adds to the price without giving you any performance, which is not somethign you want at all in this sort of price range, get the most bang for your buck NOW, then you have the option of upgrading fancy stuff like cooling and SSDs later.

An alternative build would be an AMD FX8350 with a matching AM3+ motherboard

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I've been told the 760 is alil better then the 270x? :-s Confused. lol

I'd also like to buy everything from 1 place... as it would save on delivery charges.

Sure get this :

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (£107.99 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£74.69 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard:  ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  (£72.64 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory:  GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£55.92 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage:  Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (£63.00 @ Aria PC) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.00 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  (£225.73 @ Dabs) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.65 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £736.60
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 15:15 GMT+0000)

Change the GPU for a GTX 770 if you want to have G-Sync and don't care about AMD titiles / Mantle etc.

Also the memory seems maybe strange to some US people but in europe GeiL is a very well regarded memory compant so it's super rilaiable and also ram=ram so yeah.

EDIT : To make it a nice and quiet system you should add some Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM 120MM fans. ( For the CM Seidon.)

Interested in Business and Technology

I've been told the 760 is alil better then the 270x? :-s Confused. lol

I'd also like to buy everything from 1 place... as it would save on delivery charges.

it is but its also more expensive you can get a 270x on amazon for £150 the 760 is around £200

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Sure get this :

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£74.69 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard:  ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  (£72.64 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory:  GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£55.92 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.00 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £736.60
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 15:15 GMT+0000)

Change the GPU for a GTX 770 if you want to have G-Sync and don't care about AMD titiles / Mantle etc.

Also the memory seems maybe strange to some US people but in europe GeiL is a very well regarded memory compant so it's super rilaiable and also ram=ram so yeah.

Edits

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £685.89
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 15:18 GMT+0000)

You dont need an AIO

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Bit over my budget. Hmmm. :| So annoying to pick parts for a new PC... -_-

Would you guys be-able to get it all from 1 site? if possible. :(

Edits

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£23.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £685.89
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 15:18 GMT+0000)

You dont need an AIO

You also don't need a ferrari but you could want it right? If the OP: wants a watercooler let him have it , also it performs better so more overclocking.

You also don't need a ferrari but you could want it right? If the OP: wants a watercooler let him have it , also it performs better so more overclocking.

It goes overbudget

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Bit over my budget. Hmmm. :| So annoying to pick parts for a new PC... -_-

If you're current PC is in description just add this to the system and you'll be more than fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MAGFXflHc

But it's better that you wait for the NON-X version to get almost the same performance ( It's like 3-4 FPS more in almost all cases ) for less money.

( To get like 10-15% better framerates you can get a 8320 but the 6300 is still a great CPU for gaming .)

Also get another cooler , The seidon 240M + Bequiet silentwings 2 PWM 120MM fans are a great option for silence and very good performance.) but a Hyper 212 EVO would be suffiscient and it's fairly silent.

As for the case get a Fractal design R4 or a Corsair 750D or something. 

Also you can get some bitfenix Alchemy Pro LED strips if you do choose a Windowed case so you're system can really shine.

Does your budget have to include an operating system? Such as windows.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

If you're current PC is in description just add this to the system and you'll be more than fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MAGFXflHc

But it's better that you wait for the NON-X version to get almost the same performance ( It's like 3-4 FPS more in almost all cases ) for less money.

( To get like 10-15% better framerates you can get a 8320 but the 6300 is still a great CPU for gaming .)

Also get another cooler , The seidon 240M + Bequiet silentwings 2 PWM 120MM fans are a great option for silence and very good performance.) but a Hyper 212 EVO would be suffiscient and it's fairly silent.

As for the case get a Fractal design R4 or a Corsair 750D or something. 

Also you can get some bitfenix Alchemy Pro LED strips if you do choose a Windowed case so you're system can really shine.

I like the sound of that xD I may have more then £700. but ill keep the budget at £700 for now.

Would you beable to post a full rig with what you just said so i could see it please? :)

L2read...

Nope. i have windows already.

*P.S*

Ignore my sig. that was my OLD rig, which i wish i never sold :( As i got a job and didn't game at all.... but now i only work 3 days a week... i wanted to get back into it... Silly i know. lol

I like the sound of that xD I may have more then £700. but ill keep the budget at £700 for now.

Would you beable to post a full rig with what you just said so i could see it please?  :)

290X with that non-refference cooler is yet to be released but the 290X will be 499 pounds and the 290 will probably be around 450 pounds or something.

Cooler : http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-seidon-240m-all-in-one-cpu-water-cooler-with-12cm-quiet-fan-for-all-intel-and-amd-cpus

2 of those fans : http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-be-quiet-bl030-silent-wings-2-pwm-fan-modular-vibration-damping-mounts-and-rubberized-frame

Lighting : (Pick a colour you like ) :  http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-flexlight-smd-leds-30x-2mm-smd-leds-blue-60cm-long-with-connection-cable

Or if you want Awesome bright RGB-ness ( 16.7 Million colours.):

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-led-flexlight-highdensity-(72x-smd-leds)-120cm-rgb

+ ( This part is  Required  in order for the strip to work.)

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-led-flexlight-rgb-controller-with-ir-remote-controller

Case : http://www.scan.co.uk/products/fractal-design-define-r4-black-pearl-with-window-usb-30-140mm-fans-low-noise-atx-case-w-o-psu

Or

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-obsidian-750d-black-full-tower-case-aluminium-steel-with-side-window-3x140mm-fans-usb-30-e-a

Or

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-cosmos-se-midnight-black-mid-tower-extreme-performance-case-with-side-window-w-o-psu

Nope. i have windows already.

*P.S*

Ignore my sig. that was my OLD rig, which i wish i never sold :( As i got a job and didn't game at all.... but now i only work 3 days a week... i wanted to get back into it... Silly i know. lol

Ah...... i didn't know that -_- lol all work is for nothing!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£162.17 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler:  Be Quiet DARK ROCK ADVANCED C1 50.5 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  (£39.77 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard:  ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  (£83.66 @ Dabs)
Memory:  GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£55.92 @ CCL Computers)
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.00 @ Aria PC)
Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card  (£123.90 @ Amazon UK)
Case:  NZXT NZXT H230 Black ATX Mid Tower ATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.68 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case Fan:  Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£3.51 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply:  XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£47.12 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £621.75
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 15:50 GMT+0000)

lol i totally missed price point xDD but okay :P

I guess there is no way to get it all from 1 site? i don't mind if it costs a bit more. I don't really want all the hassle from ording it from 4 different sites + paying more postage.

I may go with an AMD build. Or i really don't know, which one would work out better?

it is but its also more expensive you can get a 270x on amazon for £150 the 760 is around £200

Then again, there's no point to getting the 270x over the 270/7870 and the 7870 can be found at ~£120

Here you go: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2nJ3h

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.