can Mac users be tech savvy

Eduard the weeb
1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

I don't need to think I have Siri to do that for me 

can't to be too tech savvy if you have an apple product think for you.  :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 3/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, Eduard the weeb said:

So recently a friend and me were talking and they said, anyone who uses a mac other then for Final cut cannot be tech savvy, wall I personally don't agree I kinda want to see what a forum of ( mostly ) Tech savvy people think.

Lots of people in the music industry and other entertainment industries use macs for their work just because the little things that go wrong with windows can be a disaster for something like audio. Like they often prefer it because of the way macs optimize the drives and group data into single blocks so often to prevent fragmentation. 

I don't know how much of a difference any of that actually makes in reality since a lot of these guys are running on old information from like windows XP days...

I mean, I'm pretty sure windows does the same exact thing now instead of just making you defrag the drive every so often manually these days. In fact, I know windows does the same thing, but not quite sure if it groups the data exactly the same way...

but point being, a lot of them are very tech savy in other ways.

Just not so much with windows.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I live completely inside the Apple ecosystem because I am tech savy (I help develop and test industrial electronics). When I get home from work, the absolute last thing I want to deal with is some stupid tech problem like a Windows update that doesn't work, GPU driver issue, Android power management bug, or whatever. Apple, for all its restrictiveness (and dat price), has done a fantastic job of building a "just works" ecosystem that does everything I need it to and requires little to no interference from me. I can just go home, work on my computer, make phones calls in my iPhone, listen to my music on my HomePod, without any hassles. Even if I do run into an issue, I have an Apple Store about 10 minutes away by car where I can just drop off the offending component and pick it up a few days later fixed. Its not that I can't build my own systems, we do that at my workplace all the time; its just that when I get home, I just don't want too. 

Yes they can, your friend is stupid.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

why is this thread still going on?

IDK... magic?

and ofc Apple users can be tech savvy. I use Macs for work and an iPhone, but I can also tweak android and PC, and I'm a junior IT Admin... 

In fact, I use apple products because I'm tech savvy and I like the build quality, longevity, and stability. IMO, they're great machines. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

My friend has a macbook pro and is currently doing computer science.

Haven't heard from them in a couple of years but I'm sure they passed with flying colors.

Kind of the same person who got me into foruming and gaming.

Spent most of my time in this forum with a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro that I handed to my sister and sorta miss. So, to answer your question: Obviously yes.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I use my Macbook pro when I'm out to work on stuff on the go and I don't really like to game when I'm out anyway. I like the fuss free experience of MacOS which is extremely handy when you just don't have time to deal with annoying Windows problems which do happen no matter how clean your system is but I'll never have a Mac as my main rig that's for sure. 

On 3/21/2018 at 7:10 PM, Eduard the weeb said:

So recently a friend and me were talking and they said, anyone who uses a mac other then for Final cut cannot be tech savvy, wall I personally don't agree I kinda want to see what a forum of ( mostly ) Tech savvy people think.

Yes we can, I just love the way the OS is built

Black Lightning
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.7 ghz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
2x8 GB 1600 MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
MSI R9 290X Lightning
Corsair Crystal 280X Black RGB
240 GB Revodrive 3, 64 GB Sandisk SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
Noctua NH-C14S

On 3/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, stateofpsychosis said:

Lots of people in the music industry and other entertainment industries use macs for their work just because the little things that go wrong with windows can be a disaster for something like audio. Like they often prefer it because of the way macs optimize the drives and group data into single blocks so often to prevent fragmentation. 

I don't know how much of a difference any of that actually makes in reality since a lot of these guys are running on old information from like windows XP days...

I mean, I'm pretty sure windows does the same exact thing now instead of just making you defrag the drive every so often manually these days. In fact, I know windows does the same thing, but not quite sure if it groups the data exactly the same way...

but point being, a lot of them are very tech savy in other ways.

Just not so much with windows.

or iphone. until an iPhone user jail break their phones, they can never be tech savvy on iphone 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Yes.

Mac OSX is one of the most capable operating systems ever made. Any one who says you aren't tech savvy because you use it is misguided.

Yes.

I'd like to think that I am pretty tech-savvy, I'm repairing everything from Smartphones to Desktops and Laptops and build systems for my relatives and friends. I've used both Windows and macOS, and tinkered around with some Linux

distributions.

I'm not invested in Gaming, so I don't really need to have a baller graphics card that I need to upgrade every 2-3 years. I own a MacBook Pro Retina as well as an iMac 5K, and honestly I could not go back to having a 1080p or 1440p monitor. I have a small room and desk and like to stay organized, so an AIO was the ideal solution for me.

Furthermore, while I do like to learn and tinker around with electronics, I can't stand it when my own devices don't work as intended. A lot of my money comes from the repairs that I do, or from graphics and other digital work that I do on my computer. From my experience, macOS and iOS tend to be more reliable and stable, so I went with them. And in the worst case (or if I like to play a game), I still got Windows installed on my iMac, which is capable of running most games from my Steam Library pretty well.

I had both Android and iPhones in the past, and ultimately I've decided to go with the iPhone. iCloud Drive and the ability to sync my Pictures, Contacts and Documents across all my devices is gold, and I don't miss any of the customizability that Android offers me. iPhones tend to receive software updates for longer, and are usable for far longer than the typical 1-2 years that my Android phones lasted me. Not to mention the (pretty good) security that is integrated within the apple ecosystem.

There are problems that come with Apple products, as the news in the last weeks ans months have shown lately. But in the end, it boils down to your personal preference. There are tech-savvy Mac users, and there are many non-tech-savvy Mac users. Just because I like my own stuff to be easy-to-use, does not mean that I don't know how to work with more complex things. You can buy an automatic car even tough you know how to drive stick. That's pretty much the same as with windows users.

Excuse my englisch, as it is not my native tongue.