What case would you suggest me for this build(3k gaming pc, 1080ti i7-8700k etc.)?

4 minutes ago, SpencerC said:

As long as you push the hard drive back and have a short power supply, perhaps. As a quick aside, why is one of the tags for this discussion "give me money"?

What do you mean by "pushing the hard drive back"? And by short PSU? I'm going to use either the SeaSonic Focus 850w Gold or Focus

And its just for humour/to shitpost

1 hour ago, Halazar said:

regarding SSD/HDD placement; the ssd should have a 2.5 mount on the back of the tray, right?

It does (photo taken from purple build using the Define C Mini TG)

20180325_213718.thumb.jpg.bafe1787d734b45179480aa8e063814a.jpg

57 minutes ago, Halazar said:

What do you mean by "pushing the hard drive back"? And by short PSU? I'm going to use either the SeaSonic Focus 850w Gold or Focus

The HDD cage is on rails so to speak, so you can loosen the screws holding it down and "slide" it closer to the PSU, allowing for you to have room for the AIO. You can see the lsots in the below photo (they look like RAD mounting slots)

Image result for define c HDD

Under-the-case view

Related image

This photo shows you what the spacing looks like when you slide the HDD cage over.

With it pushed over like this, cables might be tight. I would recommend doing "extensions" as using these shortie adapters which are much more flexible 

https://www.ensourced.net/modular-shorty-cables/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:
Spoiler

It does (photo taken from purple build using the Define C Mini TG)

20180325_213718.thumb.jpg.bafe1787d734b45179480aa8e063814a.jpg

The HDD cage is on rails so to speak, so you can loosen the screws holding it down and "slide" it closer to the PSU, allowing for you to have room for the AIO. You can see the lsots in the below photo (they look like RAD mounting slots)

Under-the-case view

Related image

This photo shows you what the spacing looks like when you slide the HDD cage over.

With it pushed over like this, cables might be tight. I would recommend doing "extensions" as using these shortie adapters which are much more flexible 

https://www.ensourced.net/modular-shorty-cables/

thank you so much for all this information, but I live in italy, and I dont wanna spend a ton to order these cables. Is it really needed? I might just buy a 280mm aio if this is so complicated, or to look again for a full tower :\

2 minutes ago, Halazar said:

thank you so much for all this information, but I live in italy, and I dont wanna spend a ton to order these cables. Is it really needed? I might just buy a 280mm aio if this is so complicated, or to look again for a full tower :\

You dont need to, especially if you're not using custom cables. Custom cables are a lot stiffer and would make that practically impossible. Standard included cables are much more flexible

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You dont need to, especially if you're not using custom cables. Custom cables are a lot stiffer and would make that practically impossible. Standard included cables are much more flexible

yeah I'm just buying the modular PSU no custom cables :)  so, everything should be good case-side then? I think I tortured you all over every detail?

yeah I'm just buying the modular PSU no custom cables :)  so, everything should be good case-side then? I think I tortured you all over every detail?

I cant think of anything else to mention, other than that I just worked in it's slightly smaller version and it was amazing in almost every single way.

On the fractal front I have an r6 and I can guarantee you it’ll fit a LOT of stuff in it.

mines in the ‘alternate configuration’ and it comfortably houses a huge EK-MLC 360 AIO on the front a h100i on the top and 140mm rear exhaust + 140mm bottom intake. It also includes a fan hub.

plenty of space in this case for any sort of custom water cooling and it all looks very tidy. But... in the alternate configuration you’re limited to only 4x 2.5” drives + 2x 3.5” drives. If you have a million 3.5 hdds you need the standard configuration and that limits your clearance on the front to a slimmer 360 than this huge MLC thing.

also fractal support are great at telling you what will fit. I asked them about my planned parts list (ie rads) before I purchased and they got back to me quickly with confirmation on exactly how to make it all fit after checking detailed HxWxD measurements from the EK-MLC

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

So, all the parts are here, I start assembling... and the fractal meshify is too small to contain the AIO and the asus strix 1080ti.

I will be returning this case to amazon and hope for a refund, and in the meantime I return to my original place of I NEED A CASE ONLY FULL TOWERS no I dont care that there are "spacious" mid towers after this I'm DONE suggest me something good please I am stressed out

On 3/22/2018 at 3:20 AM, Halazar said:

would you choose the 760T over the 750D or the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB(or idk any other case?)

I have them both. Both are excellent cases. The 760T you can order power supply shrouds but I made my own.

20160410_142026.jpg

20171002_040225.jpg

Do they have space for a 360mm AIO on the front panel, or just on the top?
And if they do have space for it on the front, do they have enough space to fit an asus strix 1080ti in it?

I think I might do a new thread 

21 hours ago, Halazar said:

Update.

So, all the parts are here, I start assembling... and the fractal meshify is too small to contain the AIO and the asus strix 1080ti.

I will be returning this case to amazon and hope for a refund, and in the meantime I return to my original place of I NEED A CASE ONLY FULL TOWERS no I dont care that there are "spacious" mid towers after this I'm DONE suggest me something good please I am stressed out

Ah, you never mentioned anything abut the strix. That would have disqualified the define C and meshify C. If you need a longer version of the Meshify C, go with the Enthoo PRo M TG (note the M for mid tower) can actually fit a 360 at the front or top with a long GPU installed.

6 hours ago, rqb2001 said:

20171002_040225.jpg

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Ah, you never mentioned anything abut the strix. That would have disqualified the define C and meshify C. If you need a longer version of the Meshify C, go with the Enthoo PRo M TG (note the M for mid tower) can actually fit a 360 at the front or top with a long GPU installed.

I dont want to sound ungrateful but I'm gonna need accurate measuraments if I'm gonna even consider another midtower, where I can find the schematics?

AND btw, the strix and the kingpin have the same lenght, and the kingpin was in my original post, so

2 hours ago, Halazar said:

I dont want to sound ungrateful but I'm gonna need accurate measuraments if I'm gonna even consider another midtower, where I can find the schematics?

AND btw, the strix and the kingpin have the same lenght, and the kingpin was in my original post, so

Not an unfair request given the heartbreak you just went through

Enthoo PRo M TG: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042&

Clearance  

Graphic card 420 mm (16.54 in)

Asus Strix (1060-1080ti have the same length I believe, used a 1080 just in case): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126116

Max GPU Length: 298 mm

That leaves you 102mm or about 4" for Fans and a RAD. 

But Okay, maybe youre still not convinced? You want to see it for yourself? There's plenty of examples on PCPartPicker :) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Jt9J7P
217283.58a294d4bf45e2bb2b161f22a03c73d1.1600.jpg

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Not an unfair request given the heartbreak you just went through

Enthoo PRo M TG: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042&

Clearance  

Graphic card 420 mm (16.54 in)

Asus Strix (1060-1080ti have the same length I believe, used a 1080 just in case): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126116

Max GPU Length: 298 mm

That leaves you 102mm or about 4" for Fans and a RAD. 

But Okay, maybe youre still not convinced? You want to see it for yourself? There's plenty of examples on PCPartPicker :) 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Jt9J7P
217283.58a294d4bf45e2bb2b161f22a03c73d1.1600.jpg

It doesn't seem like it has comfortable room for a 360°mm radiator on the front, and if possible I dont want to deal with the hassle of cramped space, I'll just go fulltower.

Like, also avoiding the whole psu/hdd slot/radiator space problem is nice, and midtowers all seem to have that problem if you use 360mm radiators on the front(if they even have the space for it).

I just hope that my PSU  has cables long enough for a full tower

59 minutes ago, Halazar said:

It doesn't seem like it has comfortable room for a 360°mm radiator on the front, and if possible I dont want to deal with the hassle of cramped space, I'll just go fulltower.

Like, also avoiding the whole psu/hdd slot/radiator space problem is nice, and midtowers all seem to have that problem if you use 360mm radiators on the front(if they even have the space for it).

I just hope that my PSU  has cables long enough for a full tower

The Define R6 doesn't have this issue so long as you're using a slim 360 RAD, you can use all 6 included traditional style bays (you can purchase more) while having the 360 installed at the front or top ,and you have more room for RADs in the optional position (you go down to 2 HDD bay support mounted on the back that way) Note that in the traditional option your strix card will protrude slightly into the area where the HDD sleds are so you will have to organize them around the card, but you should still be able to mount 6 if you desired. 

Related image

223453.d76e8d4c92a50f6093545011434d2292.1600.jpg

the corsair h150i pro isnt exactly slim and the noctua fans attached to it aren't slim aswell

26 minutes ago, Halazar said:

the corsair h150i pro isnt exactly slim and the noctua fans attached to it aren't slim aswell

Radiator

Radiator Dim.
396.00 x 120.00 x 27.00 mm
Radiator Material
Aluminum

Fan

Fan Size
3 Fan Slots (120mm)
Fan Dim.
120.00 x 120.00 x 25.00 mm x 3pcs

Highlighted dimensions are thicknesses, and 27mm is considered thin ("slim") for a RAD

Photo for proof:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kn9J7P

OP here didnt use any HDD bays in the traditional layout, but he confirms they will work

But the case does come with like 5 "3.5/2.5" cages that can be added on the side. I have them removed, to free up any clutter. The case provides an insane amount of storage space.

220123.9c7019fdecc655772f7364c384055529.1600.jpg

I don't think thats enough space for a 3.5" cage

2 hours ago, Halazar said:

I don't think thats enough space for a 3.5" cage

The R6 doesn't have a HDD cage, it has the trays.

Finally found a photo showing a front mounted rad and multiple HDD's. This is using an H105, which is a 38mm RAD, in contrast to the 27mm rad on the H150i pro

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/HTFtt6

222504.b59dd9c8f65080102168c75974d2c698.1600.jpg

So, yes, it's got the room :) 

and how long was the gpu installed there?

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Spoiler

Radiator

Radiator Dim.
396.00 x 120.00 x 27.00 mm
Radiator Material
Aluminum

Fan

Fan Size
3 Fan Slots (120mm)
Fan Dim.
120.00 x 120.00 x 25.00 mm x 3pcs

Highlighted dimensions are thicknesses, and 27mm is considered thin ("slim") for a RAD

Photo for proof:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kn9J7P

OP here didnt use any HDD bays in the traditional layout, but he confirms they will work

220123.9c7019fdecc655772f7364c384055529.1600.jpg

I checked on the thread where this photo originates from and a commentor said theres "maybe" space for 1 hdd at the bottom, and that one "could" jury rig a 3.5" on the side panel... doesn't sound like they fit.

I want to make this go smoothly, not having to jury rig things, or having to push my PSU cables to make space for a single HDD. I'm looking at Full Towers again, but sadly theres less options in that category.

So, to recap, I need a(full tower probably) case that allows me to;

1. Front and top mount a 360mm radiator(in case I want to switch positions; so far I've seen that front mount is better, but if my GPU becomes too hot I might switch to top mount), and if not, at least have one of the two;
  2. Every intake must be covered by dust filters;
  3. Space for HDDs without having to jury rig or fight for space with other pieces of hardware or cables;
  4. Good cable managment potential;
  5. Fits BIG graphic cards(considering I may even upgrade in the future);
  6. Tempered glass side panel;
  7. If theres any sound dampening or anti vibration technology thats nice;
  8. Would prefer if the front panel isn't closed, or at least with the option of having it open with a dust filter on, to allow better airflow

I checked on the thread where this photo originates from and a commentor said theres "maybe" space for 1 hdd at the bottom, and that one "could" jury rig a 3.5" on the side panel... doesn't sound like they fit.

I don't want to make this go smoothly, not having to jury rig things, or having to push my PSU cables to make space for a single HDD.

Well that commentor, no offense, doesnt know shit, because A, OP in that thread said that you could fit HDD's in and B, I just provided separate and definitive proof that Multiple HDD's fit with even a thicker RAD than the one used in his example.

59 minutes ago, Halazar said:

and how long was the gpu installed there?

Looks about 275mm, but again, there's plenty of room above and below the space where the GPU would protrude into to fit 6 HDD's

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well that commentor, no offense, doesnt know shit, because A, OP in that thread said that you could fit HDD's in and B, I just provided separate and definitive proof that Multiple HDD's fit with even a thicker RAD than the one used in his example.

Looks about 275mm, but again, there's plenty of room above and below the space where the GPU would protrude into to fit 6 HDD's

Yeah but I as I said, I don't really want to have a crammed space, isn't ti better to take a more spacious case? Whats the problem? I don't care about paying a little more, since anyway the r6 is 170€ here

I edited the post before to recap things a little

6 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Yeah but I as I said, I don't really want to have a crammed space, isn't ti better to take a more spacious case? Whats the problem? I don't care about paying a little more, since anyway the r6 is 170€ here

I edited the post before to recap things a little

As a full tower owner myself, I personally wouldnt do it again, because it's wasted space internally and is taking up desk real estate. (Or floor real estate, though I always advise against putting a PC on the floor)

If you're still dead set on a full tower, Dark base pro 900 would fit all your requirements.

24 minutes ago, Halazar said:

So, to recap, I need want a(full tower probably) case that allows me to;

1. Front and top mount a 360mm radiator(in case I want to switch positions; so far I've seen that front mount is better, but if my GPU becomes too hot I might switch to top mount), and if not, at least have one of the two;
  2. Every intake must be covered by dust filters;
  3. Space for HDDs without having to jury rig or fight for space with other pieces of hardware or cables;
  4. Good cable managment potential;
  5. Fits BIG graphic cards(considering I may even upgrade in the future);
  6. Tempered glass side panel;
  7. If theres any sound dampening or anti vibration technology thats nice;
  8. Would prefer if the front panel isn't closed, or at least with the option of having it open with a dust filter on, to allow better airflow

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

As a full tower owner myself, I personally wouldnt do it again, because it's wasted space internally and is taking up desk real estate. (Or floor real estate, though I always advise against putting a PC on the floor)

Space isn't really a concern, my worries with a full tower was weight and easy of use, being so big it wont be easy to manage, move and stuff