What case would you suggest me for this build(3k gaming pc, 1080ti i7-8700k etc.)?

Hello! I posted in the GPU section for advice on which GPU should I buy for my new pc(here's the discussion if you guys want to read it) and doubts about the case I would need have arised, so I tought I'd ask in here for help.

For the build I want to make

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (Purchased For €315.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€230.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (Purchased For €207.00) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€126.31 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB K|NGP|N GAMING Video Card  (€1050.00) 
Case: Corsair - 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  (€138.56 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€104.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit  (€150.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-75E1T0B SSD 850 EVO, 1 TB, 2.5" SATA III, Nero/Grigio  (€289.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2610.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-21 12:50 CET+0100

I need(want) a full(no mids! I want space, last pc I made had a mid tower case and I regretted it, too small for my tastes) tower, with;

1. A good looking side glass panel
  2. good airflow and
  3. good noise insulation
  4. with a nice balance between the two(if not optimal performance of both)
  5. nice cable managment would be highly appreciated
  6. either no fans, or good fans would be appreciated(for example, in the case of the thermaltake view 71, I prefer the RGB version with the 3 good RGB fans to the version with the 2 monocolor fans).

I need this pc to stream(together with a future streaming box), but the area I live in gets hot during the summer, and during heatwaves my room temperature can reach 40°c(around 110°f I think).

I always go for neutral to positive pressure in my cases.

The cases I have in mind are;

1. Thermaltake View 71; the pros is that it looks marvelous, the cons is that it has a weird airflow since it'sa little open and to reach neutral/positive pressure I would need alot of intake fans. Also I'm afraid that all that glass could break if anything wrong happens.
  2.  Corsair 750D Airflow; looks like a solid case with good airflow and plenty of space, alot of people seem to have used it so I trust its quality, its just not that pretty, compared to the view 71.
  3.  Corsair 760T Black; alot of people seem to use and like this case, but to me it has a weird shape and seems like the inside its smaller in comparison to the other cases? And I don't even think the fans it comes with are worth it. What do you think of this case?
  4.  Anidees - AI8 (Windowed); looks similar to the Corsair 750D, but I can't find much information about this case, but it looks solid? Any information about it?

What are your opinions/suggestions?

Do you guys know any other good full tower cases with good airflow and a nice side glass side panel?

Sadly you dont get good airflow AND good noise silencing. It's usually one or the other, with occasional balance of both (though not exceptional in either) like a See-saw.

Quiet fulltower cases

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900

Airflow Full Tower Cases

Enthoo Pro TG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Sadly you dont get good airflow AND good noise silencing. It's usually one or the other, with occasional balance of both (though not exceptional in either) like a See-saw.

Quiet fulltower cases

be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900

Airflow Full Tower Cases

Enthoo Pro TG

Is the Phanteks better than the ones I've posted? Also thats a mid tower isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Is the Phanteks better than the ones I've posted? Also thats a mid tower isn't it?

You're thinking of the Pro M TG (m for mid tower)

It's similar airflow to the 750D airflow edition, but it's an updated design with tempered glass and PSU shroud. 

The 760T is definitely not small BTW. I've seen it in person, and being an owner of a large case I know it's for sure big.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Personally I'd avoid the View 71. Any of those ofthers or the Dark Base Pro 900 are all great options

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Personally I'd avoid the View 71. Any of those ofthers or the Dark Base Pro 900 are all great options

Why would you avoid it?
And considering @TVwazhere suggestion, would you prefer the Enthoo Pro TG to the ones I've posted? I know they're all great options but I need an answers ;_;

You're thinking of the Pro M TG (m for mid tower)

It's similar airflow to the 750D airflow edition, but it's an updated design with tempered glass and PSU shroud. 

The 760T is definitely not small BTW. I've seen it in person, and being an owner of a large case I know it's for sure big.

I mean the inside of the 760T, not the case overall; it looks like it's tighter than the other cases in the list, maybe its because its elevated, idk.

Just now, Halazar said:

Why would you avoid it?
And considering @TVwazhere suggestion, would you prefer the Enthoo Pro TG to the ones I've posted? I know they're all great options but I need an answers ;_;

I'm just generally skeptical of Thermaltake...

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I'm just generally skeptical of Thermaltake...

Uh, can I ask why?
And honestly? I can see it. I wanted to get their new 320mm aio but 1) I havent heard much positive stuff and 2) their warranty is super short, plus 3) their RGB stuff doesn't sync with the rest lol

1 minute ago, Halazar said:

Uh, can I ask why?
And honestly? I can see it. I wanted to get their new 320mm aio but 1) I havent heard much positive stuff and 2) their warranty is super short, plus 3) their RGB stuff doesn't sync with the rest lol

All of the above, that's why. Plus explosive power supplies and shitty fans

She/they 

10 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Why would you avoid it?

The View 71 has neither good airflow nor good noise silencing. Plus thermaltake doesnt have the best reputation for high quality. They're okay, owning one of their products, but especially recently when you look at some of their cases in a similar price bracket to others like NZXT and Phanteks, they just do not hold up in terms of quality. I personally cant comment on warranty issues as I've never had to use it. PSU faults are one main reason people dislike them. Their AIO's are usually garbage, like Cooler masters; super cheap.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, Best Full Atx PERSONALLY, Period (well aesthetically)

Really man the looks of it is really awesome

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

58 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Hello! I posted in the GPU section for advice on which GPU should I buy for my new pc(here's the discussion if you guys want to read it) and doubts about the case I would need have arised, so I tought I'd ask in here for help.

For the build I want to make

Hide contents

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (Purchased For €315.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€230.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (Purchased For €207.00) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€126.31 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB K|NGP|N GAMING Video Card  (€1050.00) 
Case: Corsair - 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  (€138.56 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€104.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit  (€150.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-75E1T0B SSD 850 EVO, 1 TB, 2.5" SATA III, Nero/Grigio  (€289.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2610.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-21 12:50 CET+0100

I need(want) a full(no mids! I want space, last pc I made had a mid tower case and I regretted it, too small for my tastes) tower, with;

1. A good looking side glass panel
  2. good airflow and
  3. good noise insulation
  4. with a nice balance between the two(if not optimal performance of both)
  5. nice cable managment would be highly appreciated
  6. either no fans, or good fans would be appreciated(for example, in the case of the thermaltake view 71, I prefer the RGB version with the 3 good RGB fans to the version with the 2 monocolor fans).

I need this pc to stream(together with a future streaming box), but the area I live in gets hot during the summer, and during heatwaves my room temperature can reach 40°c(around 110°f I think).

I always go for neutral to positive pressure in my cases.

The cases I have in mind are;

1. Thermaltake View 71; the pros is that it looks marvelous, the cons is that it has a weird airflow since it'sa little open and to reach neutral/positive pressure I would need alot of intake fans. Also I'm afraid that all that glass could break if anything wrong happens.
  2.  Corsair 750D Airflow; looks like a solid case with good airflow and plenty of space, alot of people seem to have used it so I trust its quality, its just not that pretty, compared to the view 71.
  3.  Corsair 760T Black; alot of people seem to use and like this case, but to me it has a weird shape and seems like the inside its smaller in comparison to the other cases? And I don't even think the fans it comes with are worth it. What do you think of this case?
  4.  Anidees - AI8 (Windowed); looks similar to the Corsair 750D, but I can't find much information about this case, but it looks solid? Any information about it?

What are your opinions/suggestions?

Do you guys know any other good full tower cases with good airflow and a nice side glass side panel?

The thermal take view 71 is a pretty good case. I don’t think the 5mm glass would just break, unless you drop it.

@Halazar best airflow out of the box? Silverstone RL-06. honestly though, if you're looking for a case, it's mainly subjective, what you need from a case differ from person to person. if you want a full comprehensive review, go check out Gamers Nexus in YouTube or check out HardwareCanucks (they have a whole lot of case reviews).

20 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

@Halazar best airflow out of the box? Silverstone RL-06. honestly though, if you're looking for a case, it's mainly subjective, what you need from a case differ from person to person. if you want a full comprehensive review, go check out Gamers Nexus in YouTube or check out HardwareCanucks (they have a whole lot of case reviews).

1 hour ago, Halazar said:

I need(want) a full(no mids! I want space, last pc I made had a mid tower case and I regretted it, too small for my tastes) 

I just noticed on pcpartpicker that the "Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB" is not compatible with radiators longer than 280mm, rip Corsair 150

so it's either Kraken x62 vs Evga 280clc(probably evga), or changing the case

The 760T is just a 730T with a transparent panel

And the 730 is huge, EATX, 280mm on front or 360/420mm on top, 9 or 12 hard drives and 5 ssds depending on the config, up to 6 140mm fans, it also has an optional cover if you're not using any top exhausts so the components are safe from falling dust

the stock fans at least in the 730 were pretty decent and the included DC fan controller is also nice

my temps are stable and fans are silent, I mainly use 2 to pull air from the radiator running at 600RPM, the bottom intake (DC 8V) and the rear exhaust (600RPM)

my current atx board looks tiny inside of this case, again only difference between both models is that the 760 has a window so you can put cold cathodes or led lights on it

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 hours ago, aezakmi said:

The 760T is just a 730T with a transparent panel

And the 730 is huge, EATX, 280mm on front or 360/420mm on top, 9 or 12 hard drives and 5 ssds depending on the config, up to 6 140mm fans, it also has an optional cover if you're not using any top exhausts so the components are safe from falling dust

the stock fans at least in the 730 were pretty decent and the included DC fan controller is also nice

my temps are stable and fans are silent, I mainly use 2 to pull air from the radiator running at 600RPM, the bottom intake (DC 8V) and the rear exhaust (600RPM)

my current atx board looks tiny inside of this case, again only difference between both models is that the 760 has a window so you can put cold cathodes or led lights on it

would you choose the 760T over the 750D or the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB(or idk any other case?)

9 hours ago, Halazar said:

would you choose the 760T over the 750D or the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB(or idk any other case?)

there are 2 versions of the 750D, with our without front mesh, except for that the interiors are identical but I think the 760 has a better front intake

about the phanteks there's something about that metallic cover that says "no" for me but anyway I think that's optional, it only comes with 2 fans and only a single 2.5" bracket is included, you can't install thick rads on top and there's only 1 5.25" bay (in a full tower case...) so if you have both a dvd drive and a fan controller (like me) you'd be screwed, looks good anyway, but imo it's not practical because they just sell the brackets and hdd cages as optional stuff instead of including them, the 760T as well as the 730 comes with 6 hdd cages and 5 ssd brackets out of the box plus 3 fans and 2 of those have leds

I know Corsair already and the quality of their stuff is impressive, worth every penny like the brits say, but I don't know Phanteks

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

21 hours ago, Halazar said:

I just noticed on pcpartpicker that the "Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB" is not compatible with radiators longer than 280mm, rip Corsair 150

so it's either Kraken x62 vs Evga 280clc(probably evga), or changing the case

Always check the manufacturers website, it fits a 420 up top so the h150 should not be a problem. 

5ab3f24f802b2_Schermafbeelding2018-03-22om19_12_46.png.643e2b767e0310039607d95258a4aabf.png

50 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

it only comes with 2 fans and only a single 2.5" bracket is included, you can't install thick rads on top and there's only 1 5.25" bay (in a full tower case...) so if you have both a dvd drive and a fan controller (like me) you'd be screwed, looks good anyway, but imo it's not practical because they just sell the brackets and hdd cages as optional stuff instead of including them

That's the Enthoo Pro M TG

This is the Enthoo Pro TG, 3 5.25" bays, 2 included SSD trays and 6 hard drive bays

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854069 

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

there are 2 versions of the 750D, with our without front mesh, except for that the interiors are identical but I think the 760 has a better front intake

about the phanteks there's something about that metallic cover that says "no" for me but anyway I think that's optional, it only comes with 2 fans and only a single 2.5" bracket is included, you can't install thick rads on top and there's only 1 5.25" bay (in a full tower case...) so if you have both a dvd drive and a fan controller (like me) you'd be screwed, looks good anyway, but imo it's not practical because they just sell the brackets and hdd cages as optional stuff instead of including them, the 760T as well as the 730 comes with 6 hdd cages and 5 ssd brackets out of the box plus 3 fans and 2 of those have leds

I know Corsair already and the quality of their stuff is impressive, worth every penny like the brits say, but I don't know Phanteks

Honestly? 2 crappy fans is better than 3 or 4 crappy fans, so I can replace them easily, and the case only costs 120€.
The 750D costs 140€, and the 760T 170€+.

22 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

Always check the manufacturers website, it fits a 420 up top so the h150 should not be a problem. 

Spoiler

5ab3f24f802b2_Schermafbeelding2018-03-22om19_12_46.png.643e2b767e0310039607d95258a4aabf.png

Good to know!

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's the Enthoo Pro M TG

This is the Enthoo Pro TG, 3 5.25" bays, 2 included SSD trays and 6 hard drive bays

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811854069 

Even better!

Edit: is it better to have a case that has manual fan voltage control/fan hub or let a motherboard control the fans? And would I need a fan controller to do so? Corsair ones cost so much, I wonder if noctua is better(rip rgb).
I also have to think which kind of fans should I buy uh? Static pressure for front intake and airflow for all the rest, right? Maybe even one more static pressure intake on the bottom to insure positive pressure..

I just saw gamernexus video on the new corsair h500p mesh and tbh it looks very good(both in aesthetics and airflow performance), but thats a mid tower.... are there mid-towers that are so good, they would out-class full towers?
I think he mentions the SilverStone PM-01 in the video? And I think, from SilverStone, the rl-06 is also good?

How much space difference is inside from a good mid tower(like the ones I mentioned previously) to a decent full tower(like the phanteks)? Does it make cable managment, and thus aesthetics and airflow, much worse?

3 hours ago, Halazar said:

How much space difference is inside from a good mid tower(like the ones I mentioned previously) to a decent full tower(like the phanteks)? Does it make cable managment, and thus aesthetics and airflow, much worse?

There's no set rule or dimension on what defines a mid tower versus a full tower. The H500P and Define R6 are both larger than the Define C and  S340 for example, but theyre all classified as mid towers. So In order to calculate differences between a mid tower and a full tower, you'd need to calculate the volume of the case based on it's overall dimensions (as most cases do not list internal working sizes)

Cable management does not affect airflow actually. LTT concluded this with some testing a while back.

If anything, full towers are less aesthetic because there's a lot of wasted space, and cable management itself is neither easier nor more difficult anymore with almost every new case using PSU shrouds. Airflow has nothing to do with the size of the case and everything to do with how the case is designed around airflow. The RL06, PM01 and Meshify C are all literally designed with Airflow first and foremost. 

These days, the only good reason to get a full tower is if you need the space; having hardware that simply does not fit in mid towers (lots of rads and lots of hard drives for example)

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

There's no set rule or dimension on what defines a mid tower versus a full tower. The H500P and Define R6 are both larger than the Define C and  S340 for example, but theyre all classified as mid towers. So In order to calculate differences between a mid tower and a full tower, you'd need to calculate the volume of the case based on it's overall dimensions (as most cases do not list internal working sizes)

Cable management does not affect airflow actually. LTT concluded this with some testing a while back.

If anything, full towers are less aesthetic because there's a lot of wasted space, and cable management itself is neither easier nor more difficult anymore with almost every new case using PSU shrouds. Airflow has nothing to do with the size of the case and everything to do with how the case is designed around airflow. The RL06, PM01 and Meshify C are all literally designed with Airflow first and foremost. 

These days, the only good reason to get a full tower is if you need the space; having hardware that simply does not fit in mid towers (lots of rads and lots of hard drives for example)

^^I agree with all of this, especially the points about full tower cases.

hi

Ok, so now I'm looking for mid towers too(sigh);
The "Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG" doesn't seem to have space for HDDs?
Is this something all mid towers nowadays lack?

Like, it doesn't seem like I can use a 360mm+ hdds in a mid tower, am I wrong?

edit: I'm looking at the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black); it seems to have everything I need... seems to? And do you know how airflow is with it?