EA is turning Star Wars Battlefront II into a real video game

TimeOmnivore
1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

That's DICE for ya. only game they can make well enough is Battlefield. Everything else is just a copy lol.

But Battlefield is an outright shitty game. Last good one was BC1.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

That's DICE for ya. only game they can make well enough is Battlefield. Everything else is just a copy lol.

Wasn't DICE also responsible for Need For Speed Underground and Need For Speed Most Wanted (OG Version)?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

So, now it's just Battlefield with lasers.

Not much of an improvement.

You'd rather have laser sword battles that last like 5mins per opponent? No thanks lol.

BC1,BC2,BF3 & BF4(post launch bugs) are all some of the best BF games. Battlefield1 however is just a mess of grenade and SMG spam.

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Is it confirmed that the 42 player matches was an engine limitation and not just a decision made by EA or dice?

I'm not sure honestly but it sounds more like an EA/dice decision?

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

You'd rather have laser sword battles that last like 5mins per opponent? No thanks lol.

BC1,BC2,BF3 & BF4(post launch bugs) are all some of the best BF games. Battlefield1 however is just a mess of grenade and SMG spam.

If I had gotten an EA game gifted to me (no way in hell am I paying for one), you're damn right I'd rather pay to not play, than play the game.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

15 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

If I had gotten an EA game gifted to me (no way in hell am I paying for one), you're damn right I'd rather pay to not play, than play the game.

Yeah agreed, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for swbf2 with all the dlc though they screwed up so hard and waited too long to actually fix it.

yeah right like EA deserves any credit. Only reason they are turning around now is because of the wide spread outrage with it hitting the main media. And especially the fact that they f up so badly that they even got law makers off their lazy asses. And now they've pushed us one step closer to even more micro transaction. Since now every other game maker can point to Ea and say see we are not as bad as them at least. We only make you pay for day one dlc's, skins and so on. But at least we do not have pay to win loot boxes.

so now the p2w players that bought every single item and crate with real cash will pwn everyone else

that was smart

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

22 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

But Battlefield is an outright shitty game. Last good one was BC1.

Eh, I had fun with BF3 and BF4. BF1 wasn't really my thing tho.

11 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Wasn't DICE also responsible for Need For Speed Underground and Need For Speed Most Wanted (OG Version)?

No. That was EA Black Box.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

26 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

, I had fun with BF3 and BF4. BF1 wasn't really my thing tho.

I got bored of both with my first match. Weapons feel like shit, too much walking to get anywhere, excessive bullet drop on ONLY snipers. I'm dumbfounded how Dice is still around if that game series is the best they've got.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 hours ago, emosun said:

this is why I stopped playing modern video games

I hate the "pay money and get nothing" mentality of how modern games are marketed and distributed.

Hey! A few good companies still exist. Most games with loot boxes I'll just buy the items, why open a crate for $2.50 when the item is for sale for 22 cents on the steam marketplace. Though I can understand why'd you not support them, good developers still exist :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

EA needs to come out and say initially we were trying to screw you.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

3 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

So the people who paid to win will STILL win, and now more CONSISTENTLY win against people who might be buying the game now.

Brilliant.

To be clear I am not advocating Pay to Win, it's just incredibly frustrating that the people who took a stand against the shit are still getting fucked if they buy the game.

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

so now the p2w players that bought every single item and crate with real cash will pwn everyone else

that was smart

Paid loot boxes were never enabled in the game. There were some ways around that, if you could find stores that had been shipped Crystal cards and somehow buy or activate them they could be redeemed but that was a crap shoot. So, basically, they allowing people to keep what they already unlocked from the loot boxes while playing the game instead of making them start back at square one.

Here is the thing... it won't sale..they won't advertise, continue to sale it at 60$ US, and well it won't sale.. and then they'll say: "See, no one cares about non-micro transaction game. The sales we initially got are the ones that likes the game, those who complained would have not bought the game in any case."

This is a case of too little, too late for me. If their future games continue to show that EA has learned their lesson, sure. I'm not going to continue to be burned by games like Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2, though. There's a big reason I pretty much only play old games and indie games these days. (Just started Dark Souls though, and man, that's a fucking great game.)

It's a shame that this game claimed the same great name as the original, but man, it's lame.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Here is the thing... it won't sale..they won't advertise, continue to sale it at 60$ US, and well it won't sale.. and then they'll say: "See, no one cares about non-micro transaction game. The sales we initially got are the ones that likes the game, those who complained would have not bought the game in any case."

BRB gonna hack into bitcoin and buy 100 copies of the game for every sell made before today.

Then steal it all back a year from now.

Kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

On 16/03/2018 at 8:22 PM, TVwazhere said:

Now that it's not pay to win I'm considering getting it, especially if it's on sale. 

I bought it drunkenly one night and the game play is really cool. It's just Battlefield but star wars, what's not to love!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

On 3/16/2018 at 6:10 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Eh, I had fun with BF3 and BF4. BF1 wasn't really my thing tho.

No. That was EA Black Box.

I love BF1, still play it today. It is a good game, and only cosmetic lootboxes.

On Topic:

Who still cares about Battlefront 2? I think most games sell the most copies in the first couple of weeks after launch. EA lost a LOT of sales (about a million below expectations I think) in the first few months. I think most people have moved on, and will just be buying other games at this point (Fortnite, Far Cry 5 is coming out soon, and other games, ...).

The only way I see this even selling a little bit if it is on sale for like 75% off at $14.99. I would pick it up and check it out at that point just out of curiosity. No way I am paying $60.

I bought Dice's Battlefront 1, had a good time with it, but was very disappointed with the lack of content! Got old really fast. 4 maps in the base game for christ's sake!! 4!!!! At least Battlefield 1 had 11 maps in  the base game.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:32 PM, TimeOmnivore said:

EDIT: While this may be a case of "too little, too late" for this game, I hope this is will be an indication that they at least won't fuck up the next one as badly. It would also be nice to have the cosmetics also only unlockable in-game (as opposed to microtransactions), but that's probably hoping for too much at this point, especially from EA.

Yeah apparently EA is very "concerned" about the backlash that Battlefront got (and I am sure they are more concerned that they sold less copies, and that lawmakers are looking into making Lootboxes gambling and 18+ only) I am sure EA doesn't give a fuck about what gamers think, unless it hurts their profits. Which it did, in this case.

I saw a good youtube video analyzing the whole thing, going into the fact that EA CEO Andrew Wilson rose through the ranks from EA Sports, and he is the one that introduced lootboxes to Fifa games, which made millions and millions of dollars. Now that he is CEO, he wanted to do the same thing to every game (Battlefront, Need for Speed, etc.). That is how he is planning to grow the profits. I hope he is forced to step down, although it probably would have happened already if he was. I am sure EA's board has put him "on notice" not to fuck it up again. If he gets them into another PR nightmare, he is fired for sure.

Fingers crossed the next Battlefield is any good and doesn't fuck it up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they back peddle again like that did last time. 

There's a reason I tend to only play older games. Been playing Diablo 2 and I forgot how much better it was than that pile of crap that was Diablo 3.