Can anyone resize this image so I'm able to use it as Steam profile picture?

CreepyPro

I made this logo but forgot about Steam restrictions for profile pictures. 

Does anyone know if I can resize it? 

I can upload the photoshop file if needed 

Edit: Added PS File

Double_vL_Gaming_Blue.png

Double vL Gaming Blue.psd

Not to say like "hurr Durr, do your own stuff!!", But if you have the Photoshop files, can't you resize it yourself?

Or if you don't have/want to get PS, you could also use Gimp.

Otherwise I would be glad to help you out, do you know what size it has to be max?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Paint.Net, Gimp is terrible. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

56 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

How is it terrible?

Frustrating UI.

Moreoso for what he wants to do.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

No love for Paint?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

How were you able to make this and yet you are unable to resize it?

I mean really, it makes no sense.  What you show in the OP would have taken a decent amount of know-how in photoshop or a similar program to make, so by the time you have the skills to do that, resizing would be as trivial as creating a new blank image.  It just doesn't add up.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean really, it makes no sense.  What you show in the OP would have taken a decent amount of know-how in photoshop or a similar program to make, so by the time you have the skills to do that, resizing would be as trivial as creating a new blank image.  It just doesn't add up.

It is almost as if he downloaded the image and the PSD files from some website.

When exporting into jpeg in photoshop, pull the quality slider into 30-40%, and also save at half of the res.

1 minute ago, Some Random Member said:

It is almost as if he downloaded the image and the PSD files from some website.

well he claims he made it so idk about that

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well he claims he made it so idk about that

Ok i read the steam guidelines and it seems like he made it himself. He is asking how to downres an image so it fits into 1024kb, not how to crop it.

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Ok i read the steam guidelines and it seems like he made it himself. He is asking how to downres an image so it fits into 1024kb, not how to crop it.

Yes I know he's asking about scaling not cropping but then we're just back to what I said in my initial comment

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes I know he's asking about scaling not cropping but then we're just back to what I said in my initial comment

That is right.

19 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

How is it terrible?

UI doesn't scale on 4k for example.
2NZzqG6.png
What is this, UI for ants?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Followed a youtube tutorial

1 hour ago, CCWong said:

There wasn't a youtube tutorial on resizing?

That wouldn't be worth a whole video, it would only take 20 seconds to explain

1 hour ago, CreepyPro said:

Followed a youtube tutorial

In Photoshop, go Image > Image Size.. and set your resolution, changing the units to pixels if necessary.  I recommend using "bilinear" for resampling.  If you need to change the aspect ratio, you'll want to crop before doing this.

Then just save as a jpg, which I assume you can do.  Turn on "preview", and adjust quality as necessary to get the filesize under the limit.  I recommend "Progressive" with 5 scans

5 hours ago, Bhav said:

Erm you can do this in MS paint.

Not very well.  It doesn't do any resampling so it would look terrible

On 3/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Frustrating UI.

Moreoso for what he wants to do.

As someone who doesn't know what they are doing with photo editing to begin with, it seems fine to me. I get lost no matter which program I use though lol.

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

UI doesn't scale on 4k for example.

What is this, UI for ants?

I thought there was a fix for that...

All I know is that GIMP seems to do the job for me but I do very little photo manipulation and usually have to refer to a guide when doing so. I like it because it is free, open source, works in Linux, and always does what I need it to. Maybe if I was a pro user I would see its limitations.

32 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I thought there was a fix for that...

Oh there is. It just isn't the kind of fix that most users will want to go through the trouble of finding and applying. That kind of crap should be built in, more so in a graphic editor like Gimp where it would make sense to use a high resolution/DPI monitor to work with.

That no one seems willing to implement this "feature", just sends the message that the software isn't worth developing for, hence isn't worth using either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

16 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Oh there is. It just isn't the kind of fix that most users will want to go through the trouble of finding and applying. That kind of crap should be built in, more so in a graphic editor like Gimp where it would make sense to use a high resolution/DPI monitor to work with.

That no one seems willing to implement this "feature", just sends the message that the software isn't worth developing for, hence isn't worth using either.

Photoshop and illustrator also have this issues, and still people use those. I had to do registry edits to get the photoshop cs5 to look good on my 4k display.

31 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Photoshop and illustrator also have this issues, and still people use those. I had to do registry edits to get the photoshop cs5 to look good on my 4k display.

Yeaaaah. Though they somewhat fixed that in the latest version. There didn't used to be a UI scaling option, only Font scaling, but now there is.

With that said, I just remembered you can make nearly every app "dpi aware" on Windows 10 Creator Update+, in the compatibility tab of an .exe.

Just tested it with Gimp and an older version of photoshop, both scaled nicely. So there goes that argument I guess.

16 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeaaaah. Though they somewhat fixed that in the latest version. There didn't used to be a UI scaling option, only Font scaling, but now there is.

With that said, I just remembered you can make nearly every app "dpi aware" on Windows 10 Creator Update+, in the compatibility tab of an .exe.

Just tested it with Gimp and an older version of photoshop, both scaled nicely. So there goes that argument I guess.

Yeah i have to use the compabilty tab and the disable high dpi scaling option also on lots of apps.