Seems like 144Hz not used in some games (have a beast computer)

TryTry

Hi,

First I want to excuse if my english is bad, english isn't my birth language xD

I have some problems and I can't tell where the problems are and how I can solve them, so I was hopping someone could help me here 9_9 (I'll put my setup at the end)

So I have Samsung C27FG73 Curved (27", 1920x1080) for my main monitor, the problem is : When I play "little game" (don't laugh pls :$) like League of Legends and Minecraft (you told me you won't laugh :$), I can run them at more than 250 fps, BUT it doesn't feel smooth like a 144Hz monitor, it feels more like 30Hz.
But when I play big games, like Assassin's Creed : Origins, Call of Duty : WWII, GTA V, I can feel the 144Hz, it's really smooth.

If anyone could help me I would be thankful.

EDIT : It's my first built PC by myself, so maybe it's on hardware, and if you need more information you can ask me ^^

MY SETUP : 

PC : 
-----

Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Edition 10
CPU : Intel i7 6800k
GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x, 8Go, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)
Watercooling : NZXT Kraken X52
SSD : Samsung 850 Evo Basic (500Go, 2.5")
HDD : WD Red (3To, 3.5", NAS, Storagesysteme)

Monitors : 
------------

144Hz : Samsung C27FG73 Curved (27", 1920x1080)
60Hz : Another random curved Samsung monitor (27", 1920x1080)

Just now, blu4 said:

In the game settings make sure the resolution is set to 1920x1080@144hz. Some games don't do that.

It is, I already did that ^^

You might be experiencing screen tearing.  You can try putting an fps limit to 144 hz or maybe a bit higher like 160hz. Another option is vsync but it adds latency and if the frames drop it can stutter.

Edited by henkka_scorpio

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

Just now, henkka_scorpio said:

You might be experiencing screen tearing, this happens when  your FPS is higher than that of your monitors. You can try putting an fps limit to 144 hz or maybe a bit higher like 160hz. Another option is vsync but it adds latency and if the frames drop it can stutter.

I will retry the Vsync at home, but I think i already tried, and already tried to put my games at 144 FPS max ^^

1 minute ago, henkka_scorpio said:

You might be experiencing screen tearing, this happens when  your FPS is higher than that of your monitors. 

Why do people keep saying this? You will get screen tearing regardless of what FPS you got unless you are using V-Sync, Fast-Sync, Free-Sync or G-Sync.

Doesent matter if your FPS is higher, lower or matches the monitor Hz.

Just now, WereCat said:

Why do people keep saying this? You will get screen tearing regardless of what FPS you got unless you are using V-Sync, Fast-Sync, Free-Sync or G-Sync.

It's more common when your framerate is higher than when it's lower

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Yeah your right, old habits I guess, though it is more noticeable since there are more tears the further away (higher) the FPS is from the screens refresh rate.

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

If I use for limiter I don't get screen tearing for example on my 144hz I set the for limit to 143 using evga precision x and it doesn't tear while under 144hz maybe I'm not seeing it and it's there don't know. 

-Try msi afterburner and set for limit to 143fps

-Try vsync on and off see what works for you.

-Make sure your resolution and hz is set right from display settings or Nvidia control.

Let us know what happens hopefully we can figure it out with you 

49 minutes ago, TheShwayz said:

If I use for limiter I don't get screen tearing for example on my 144hz I set the for limit to 143 using evga precision x and it doesn't tear while under 144hz maybe I'm not seeing it and it's there don't know. 

-Try msi afterburner and set for limit to 143fps

-Try vsync on and off see what works for you.

-Make sure your resolution and hz is set right from display settings or Nvidia control.

Let us know what happens hopefully we can figure it out with you 

Ok thanks ill try MSI Afterburner

Just found this and don't know why i can't put it at 144Hz any ideas ? And i couldn't find where to put my screen at 143Hz on MSI Afterburner

image.png.77f3f487ff3b9fe153459002e2bc7370.png

Is it possible that the cable you are using to connect your monitor to your computer is not 144hz compatible 

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

1 hour ago, TryTry said:

Just found this and don't know why i can't put it at 144Hz any ideas ? And i couldn't find where to put my screen at 143Hz on MSI Afterburner

image.png.77f3f487ff3b9fe153459002e2bc7370.png

What cable are you using to connect to your graphics card?!

Use display port or dual link DVI and ensure your GPU drivers are 100% up to date with the latest version.

2 hours ago, TryTry said:

If you're using HDMI it will only go up to 120 Hz on that monitor, and you'll probably need to set a custom resolution for it in the NVIDIA control panel.

14 hours ago, Tz000 said:

What cable are you using to connect to your graphics card?!

Use display port or dual link DVI and ensure your GPU drivers are 100% up to date with the latest version.

When i had only 60Hz. it was because I tried HDMI to see but never mind, I went back to my DisplayPort, but even with the 144Hz on Nvidia Pannel i only have the pb of not having the 144Hz on MC, and not on League anymore o.O 
image.png.925b24bea583b28ac1cfd865fd361fbf.png

23 hours ago, TryTry said:

When i had only 60Hz. it was because I tried HDMI to see but never mind, I went back to my DisplayPort, but even with the 144Hz on Nvidia Pannel i only have the pb of not having the 144Hz on MC, and not on League anymore o.O 
image.png.925b24bea583b28ac1cfd865fd361fbf.png

Make sure your V-Sync is turned off in all games it will limit frame rates to 60FPS.  League should play at a higher frame rate.