Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

i really want him to V6 swap it tho ... 

Id much rather put the amount it costs to do that into something better

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Id much rather put the amount it costs to do that into something better

but, a V6 koala .... 

all small cars are better with a V6 xD 

hint hint @bcredeur97 :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

18 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

but, a V6 koala .... 

all small cars are better with a V6 xD 

hint hint @bcredeur97 :P 

Again

Rather sell this, buy the twingo then put the money I saved by not doing the swap and getting a 5 pot ST

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Small trucks better with a v8

and big trucks with a V10 ... or a V12 

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Again

Rather sell this, buy the twingo then put the money I saved by not doing the swap and getting a 5 pot ST

true... but still you eventually some day need to swap a V6 into a C2 

also i will be quite sad to see the koala go... i have given it a nickname now even tho its not my car :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

The title pretty much says it... -_- 

... at least it’s minor but that 1 year only paint is going to cost someone a fortune 

Car still drives fine so I think the diff housing is fine... those are known to break from even very minor accidents.ill have to look at it to be sure

@warmmilk @vinyldash303 @ anyone else

that sucks... what car crashed into you?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

37 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Small trucks better with a v8

And / or boost

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Big trucks better with a diesel

yeah ... V10 or V12 TT diesels :P 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

... at least it’s minor but that 1 year only paint is going to cost someone a fortune 

Car still drives fine so I think the diff housing is fine... those are known to break from even very minor accidents.ill have to look at it to be sure

Guess it's time for a V6 swap... jk

That sucks big time :/ Hope you're all good tho

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

that sucks... what car crashed into you?

It’s funny cause he literally could of drove off and I would of had no evidence besides what happened to my car. I couldn’t spot anything on his

I need a dash cam... would of at least prooved I was hit even if I didn’t have a rear facing (hard to do with soft top)

9A60098A-5AE2-4339-A67D-E93E45049105.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I assume it was a pretty low speed crash? And what even happened?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

51 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Guess it's time for a V6 swap... jk

That sucks big time :/ Hope you're all good tho

Yeah I’m fine. He basically idled into the back of me. 

His story was he was looking to change lanes and didn’t see I had stopped. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was on his phone...

Just 5k moving pounds versus 2.3k pounds with me holding the brakes (btw this is why you hold the brakes when stopped even with a manual where you don’t really have to!!)

@terrytek this should answer you too

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah I’m fine. He basically idled into the back of me. 

His story was he was looking to change lanes and didn’t see I had stopped. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was on his phone...

Just 5k moving pounds versus 2.3k pounds with me holding the brakes (btw this is why you hold the brakes when stopped even with a manual where you don’t really have to!!)

@terrytek this should answer you too

I kinda don't believe the changing lanes? because you'd have to be moving at least 5-10mph and that would cause more damage than maybe a slight hole in the bumper. but that can be left up to insurance.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I kinda don't believe the changing lanes? because you'd have to be moving at least 5-10mph and that would cause more damage than maybe a slight hole in the bumper. but that can be left up to insurance.

It was stop and go traffic sooo you know how people just try to force their way in slowly sometimes

i usually keep an eye onmy rear view mirror in traffic at times. Of course the one time I wasn’t...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

It was stop and go traffic sooo you know how people just try to force their way in slowly sometimes

So more like he tried squeezing in but underestimated how big his truck was and hit you by mistake?

Just now, terrytek said:

So more like he tried squeezing in but underestimated how big his truck was and hit you by mistake?

Don’t really know. I was in my “I’m tired” mood today with my head pressed against the back of my seat just kinda creeping along with traffic minding my own business then WHAM. 

And I look in my rear view mirror and see “GMC” and I’m like... “you’ve got to be kidding me...”

Thats all I know.. 

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It’s funny cause he literally could of drove off and I would of had no evidence besides what happened to my car. I couldn’t spot anything on his

I need a dash cam... would of at least prooved I was hit even if I didn’t have a rear facing (hard to do with soft top)

9A60098A-5AE2-4339-A67D-E93E45049105.jpeg

well at least he stopped...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

EXCUSE ME SIR. DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVOR VORTEC

*oil pan falls off*

*dry sucking noises from the intake*

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

EXCUSE ME SIR. DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVOR VORTEC

Lol deep inside I wanted to step out of the car and be like:

”YOU SIR WILL FEEL THE WRATH FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE”

in a deep voice 

imagine hitting someone and then being told that LOL

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Lol deep inside I wanted to step out of the car and be like:

”YOU SIR WILL FEEL THE WRATH FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE”

in a deep voice 

imagine hitting someone and then being told that LOL

Bumping into a miata only to be met with 

Cy2Ym8Y.jpg

I don't think i'll ever get tired of this image

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

IMG_0266 (1).JPG

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

39 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Put down your homoerotic bdsm thing for wolverine

NEVER!

(Also that is from when Wolverine fought the punisher. And got his face and balls shot off. Then run over by a steamroller)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I can't tell what's pulling it.

Looks like the 2015 Ford Ranger.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

33 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

IMG_0266 (1).JPG

Clubsport :x

Boi it is lit

If I move to the UK, Imma hunt for one of these/any other weird 90's AWD Kei car (Suzuki Alto i.e.)