Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Question guys, If i were to get a 2016 Hyundai genesis 3.8L, fully optioned out coupe, would it have lane keep assist?

And yes, I know theres other cars and whatnot, but the ones im concentrating on right now is that and the brz and camaro/mustang

(Under ~35,000USD budget)

If its a brand new car then that should be in the options list when you order it. Otherwise just call the dealer and find out.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. Like holy shit. I feel like its just marked up lube. Like the soap they use with tire machines. 

However it wasnt that bad. He straight up said after he was done ultrasounding the jimmies "heres another towel to wipe your everything off with"

Don't know exactly what they use over there. But its mostly just "Medical lubricant" 

I got a handful of paper towels and that was it. (Yay public healthcare)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

See, everyong that touts publie 'free' healthcare is missing out. These were nice white warm towels. That were clean. And unstained even. And we only have a $5 copay. 

So, that shit is so worth it. 

Still saved $5 so eh. 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

See, everyong that touts publie 'free' healthcare is missing out. These were nice white warm towels. That were clean. And unstained even. And we only have a $5 copay. 

So, that shit is so worth it. 

that reminds me, I have to have a physical before the Tennis Season... ugh...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Welcome to the Car thread. Here we sometimes take up half a thread talking about lube and medical facilities. And testicles. Gotta be careful with that shit. Its important. 

Where we stress the importance of keeping yourself maintained. So you can keep your car maintained for many more years:D

47 minutes ago, vetali said:

Got to drive in the snow for the first time in my car... was pretty good considering most people were trying to make it out like Mazdas are death traps in winter weather. 

Who says that?

40 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

In other news. Ive been sick past couble of days (fever, cough, runny nose, basically @AlwaysFSX face aids)

and was coughing today and i thought i gave myself a hernia. 

So i decided to go to the doctor. And the S10 almost didnt start. It went WooooeeeeiOoWooooeeeiOoWEOWEOWEOOOIEEEE rrrrruh. 

For like a quarter second i was like FUCK then it went RUGRUG BLLLOOOOAAAuuuuuhhhhh and started right up. 

I need that optima. Seriously i dont drive it for two days, it gets cold. Then when i decide to be smart and get my nuts looked at by a doctor (who was really agressive by the way, srs she was checking for hernias(in all fairness i was being a bit of a smartass (got a laugh out of her though.)) and she was like "okay hows that feel?" And i said "it feels like someone is agressivly poking around my nutsack" i swear to god she wouldve done a spit take if she was drinking something that moment. It was the funniest reaction I couldve gotten considering the circumstances. 

All checked out though. No hernias!

and thats the story of how i almost didnt get my nuts aggressivly handled because of a shitty battery today. Fuck that battery. 

You meet me and then your days get weird. Coinkidink? I thinks not.

Just do as i do and mask minor self consiousness with smartassery

Explains everything :P

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Just do as i do and mask minor self consiousness with smartassery

and don't look down when the doc is doing his, um, examination. :ph34r:

made that mistake only once...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

well... I can tell it's later than usual lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Plot twist: help them with the examination by getting an erection

I cringed IRL... *shudders*

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

well... I can tell it's later than usual lol

how's that?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

That was me when the lube started cooling off. It was really unplesant. 

Rating: ultrasound/10

even worse if it was a female doctor. thankfully my doc is a dude...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

how's that?

doc talk in car thread along with conversation about the topic that gets dangerously close to getting out of hand

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 minutes ago, techswede said:

If its a brand new car then that should be in the options list when you order it. Otherwise just call the dealer and find out.

Its not in one of the options when I use the configurator. Beteen the cars I listed, which v6 should i get? (including the brz even though its v4)

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

doc talk in car thread along with conversation about the topic that gets dangerously close to getting out of hand

oh. okay. I just wanted to see you say it. :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Its not in one of the options when I use the configurator. Beteen the cars I listed, which v6 should i get? (including the brz even though its v4)

'CHOOT EM

Spoiler

I like to get as close to the line youre jot supposed to cross and dance over it just a tad :P

just stick the big toe over?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I like to get as close to the line youre jot supposed to cross and dance over it just a tad :P

I usually trip and fall.

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Either blown/fucked so hard engine or stolen.

9 hours ago, Organized said:

I grew up with my dad's BMW E34 in metallic-gold, pretty similar color: click Maybe that's the reason why I like this color so much, because I follow the footsteps of my dad 9_9

OMG YES

Finally. Someone I can relate to :D

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Are you towing ridiculous amounts and live in a place where it gets really cold? No? Get a gas engine. Does everything you need without the headaches.

Someone who understands me. Finally.

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

1 hour ago, Bajantechnician said:

I dont get it lol

whats the joke?

It's a Flat 4. Not a V4. We, pretty much, just bash everyone that gets engine's cylinder arrangement / engine configurations wrong, until they get it right. (At least I'd do it xD )

I once spotted a stolen IS200 on the second hand market, and well, the stupid owner had a V6 badge on the engine (INLINE 4) and well, the guy who stole was so fucking dumb, even after taking the engine out of the car he said it was a V6. Good god. I messaged him about him being as stupid as possible and reported him. I don't want cars stolen after what happened with my dad's E34 :(

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Also, @vinyldash303, I conclude from your last posts that if you were a YouTuber and I watched your shit, I'd probably die in 6 seconds.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

GET YOUR WALLETS READY

A Skyline GTR R33 400R just went up for auction in Japan. List date is 2016/12/09. Mileage on the car is less than 14,000 km and the list price is ¥6,800,000 (about $80,000 CAD)

@MEC-777 @JoaoPRSousa

15267903_831387243670226_5486770194880103553_n.jpg15337382_831387197003564_3908266613023240210_n.jpg15317751_831387300336887_7048529291490604728_n.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB