Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah smooth power delivery is always nicer imho.

I love the kick you get with a built turbo car (Joey's Integra was a great example of that) but he also had Vtec so you got a double kick basically, when boost came on then when VTEC hit, it's a pretty noticeable kick when you add boost. But I wouldn't want that on a daily. 

Linear power is so nice, I didn't like superchargers at all until I rode in my buddy James' car for the first time, then he actually got on it and I fell in love with it, the whine they make grew on me too as time went on

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, Mister2010 said:

from my research ... yes 

only it may be a pain up the bum to get to all that stuff on the car xD .... saab problems 

That's my worry when I want to add power. Euros are known for their engineering for stuff to go certain ways. Adding a little over 70HP to a FWD wagon, may cause issues I can't see already

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

That's my worry when I want to add power. Euros are known for their engineering for stuff to go certain ways. Adding a little over 70HP to a FWD wagon, may cause issues I can't see already

well ... saab engines are tough ... i think you can  squeeze more than 300hp out of a B235E ....

soo.... i think it should be just fine to get to Aero (B235R) power levels xD 

jesus christ ... im turning into the forums saab guy xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

well ... saab engines are tough ... i think you can  squeeze more than 300hp out of a B235E ....

soo.... i think it should be just fine to get to Aero (B235R) power levels xD 

jesus christ ... im turning into the forums saab guy xD 

Yeah I think I should be fine, but with how rare they are in the midwest, no local places know much about them. Before I even look at ordering parts I'll call all the tuners within about 4 or 5 hours and see if they'd be okay with tuning my car. I'm sure they would have no issues if I did a basic plug and play ECU of some nature (Haltech, Megasquirt) something like that. But you can never be too sure

Yeah I think I should be fine, but with how rare they are in the midwest, no local places know much about them. Before I even look at ordering parts I'll call all the tuners within about 4 or 5 hours and see if they'd be okay with tuning my car. I'm sure they would have no issues if I did a basic plug and play ECU of some nature (Haltech, Megasquirt) something like that. But you can never be too sure

i think you could swap the ECU to an Aero ECU and should get quite a power boost .... if you do the TD04 swap 

but yeah .. better safe than sorry 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

i think you could swap the ECU to an Aero ECU and should get quite a power boost .... if you do the TD04 swap 

but yeah .. better safe than sorry 

I think that would do pretty nicely, but an excuse to play with new goodies is always fun. But I want to do a fully custom dyno tune for the car anyway so a plug and play will of course make it easier

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I think that would do pretty nicely, but an excuse to play with new goodies is always fun. But I want to do a fully custom dyno tune for the car anyway so a plug and play will of course make it easier

yeeeees :D 

you are tempting me to find a cheap ass turbo saab xD 

Reminds me or Moog's Wasaabi 3000 from mighty car mods

My Specs

• Current Machine 2021 - 20XX
    • CPU: Intel i9 11900KF 3.5 GHz 8 Core 16 Thread
    • Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 RGB AIO
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 VISION G
    • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo (Black/White) 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 @3600 MHz CL18
    • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Vision OC
    • SSD: 2x 2TB Intel 660p NVMe SSDs & 1x Samsung 860 QVO 2.5 SSD
    • HDD: 2x WD Black 4TB HDDs & 2x Segate 2TB HDDs
    • PSU: SeaSonic PRIME 1300 W 80+ Platinum

• Retired Machine 2017 - 2021: Lenovo S20 Thinkstation 
    • CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 3.46Ghz
    • Motherboard: OEM Lenovo S20 Z79 MBO
    • RAM: 48GB (6x8GB) UDIMM DDR3
    • GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    • SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
    • HDD: 2x Segate 7200rpm 2TB

yeeeees :D 

you are tempting me to find a cheap ass turbo saab xD 

I love mine so much already, and it's bone stock with 112K on the engine (163K on the chassis, original engine was pulled and swapped when the OG owner had the car, not sure why but I have paperwork to document it.) So it'll run for a nice long while as well as long as I take as great of care as everyone that's owned it before me. I have full service records for the car. But I really want to do all of the maintenance I can before I do anything, new brakes, steel lines, fuel filter, pump, spark plugs, wires, do a really good coolant flush, and want to get my A/C issue figured out, it blows cold air, but it takes so long and it doesn't get very cold at all, everything. I also want to figure out how to get a new headunit in, but all I've heard is people having lots of issues with stereo swaps on Saabs, I do like my steering wheel controls, along with heated seats all around. The car is so nice. 

2 minutes ago, Othersideguy said:

Reminds me or Moog's Wasaabi 3000 from mighty car mods

I originally named the car Wasaabi after his car, decided to be original and name it Saabotage

I wanted to go to this sooooo badly, only an hour and a half away from me. But I had family stuff to do I couldn't get out of. Need to go to one of their meets someday somehow

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love mine so much already, and it's bone stock with 112K on the engine (163K on the chassis, original engine was pulled and swapped when the OG owner had the car, not sure why but I have paperwork to document it.) So it'll run for a nice long while as well as long as I take as great of care as everyone that's owned it before me. I have full service records for the car. But I really want to do all of the maintenance I can before I do anything, new brakes, steel lines, fuel filter, pump, spark plugs, wires, do a really good coolant flush, and want to get my A/C issue figured out, it blows cold air, but it takes so long and it doesn't get very cold at all, everything. I also want to figure out how to get a new headunit in, but all I've heard is people having lots of issues with stereo swaps on Saabs, I do like my steering wheel controls, along with heated seats all around. The car is so nice. 

Saab owners usually do care about their cars ... and i just found 1999 Saab 95 2.3 Aero wagon with a manual and near 280k km for 500 euros ... the ad says that it its in a good shape xD 

Saab owners usually do care about their cars ... and i just found 1999 Saab 95 2.3 Aero wagon with a manual and near 280k km for 500 euros ... the ad says that it its in a good shape xD 

That's only 173K miles, about 10K more than is on my chassis. I'd say go for it if you could somehow.

But I'm the guy that if something can be fixed up or cleaned up a bit, I'll do it in a heart beat. Plus I like knowing when and how often maintenance is done on other peoples cars, let alone my own.

That's only 173K miles, about 10K more than is on my chassis. I'd say go for it if you could somehow.

But I'm the guy that if something can be fixed up or cleaned up a bit, I'll do it in a heart beat. Plus I like knowing when and how often maintenance is done on other peoples cars, let alone my own.

all i can say is that i would get it if i could .... 

my future sees a Volvo S40 in my possession previously owned by a family member ... 

all i can say is that i would get it if i could .... 

my future sees a Volvo S40 in my possession previously owned by a family member ... 

Owned by family it's whole life? Just wondering

Owned by family it's whole life? Just wondering

nah ... but for most of it ... but 2nd owner .... i dont even remember how old the car was when dad got it ... i think it was like 4 or 5 years old then sooo... around 10 to 11 years? 

nah ... but for most of it ... but 2nd owner .... i dont even remember how old the car was when dad got it ... i think it was like 4 or 5 years old then sooo... around 10 to 11 years? 

Not bad at all. I wish my mom would have listened to my advice when she was car shopping. Her car had one previous owner that put 60K on the car. A CAR RENTAL SERVICE she doesn't understand that people abuse all hell out of rental cars. So now at 103K the car is starting to have issues with the tranny slipping, stuff like that. She also went A YEAR without changing her oil with this car.

She worries me so much

Just now, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

For some reason a Honda Odyssey owner decided to slam his mini van. Kinda funny to see tbh.

I kinda like slammed minivans, SUVs, and wagons.

Something about long, low vehicles just seems so right

2 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

For some reason a Honda Odyssey owner decided to slam his mini van. Kinda funny to see tbh.

i honestly wanna take a newer minivan, put some 19 inch rotiforms, and airbag it. there's this account on instagram with @ vankulture and it's actually full of pretty nice minivans.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I kinda like slammed minivans, SUVs, and wagons.

Something about long, low vehicles just seems so right

I just dont see the point in doing that to a mini van. Itll just always look super silly to me.

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Not bad at all. I wish my mom would have listened to my advice when she was car shopping. Her car had one previous owner that put 60K on the car. A CAR RENTAL SERVICE she doesn't understand that people abuse all hell out of rental cars. So now at 103K the car is starting to have issues with the tranny slipping, stuff like that. She also went A YEAR without changing her oil with this car.

She worries me so much

yeah ... the car used to be a work car for a manager of a company or something ... and never was abused .... has all the extras except the volvo radio and full leather seats(has the weird half leather ones) ... fromw aht i know

now the car has like over 260k km ... for a 16 year old car its not that bad xD 

but as i have said ... needs some body work done to it and rear shock absorbers and a new exhaust .... 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Nice.

Yeah, first to second is a hard shift, even when you're not hard on the throttle

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah ... the car used to be a work car for a manager of a company or something ... and never was abused .... has all the extras except the volvo radio and full leather seats(has the weird half leather ones) ... fromw aht i know

now the car has like over 260k km ... for a 16 year old car its not that bad xD 

but as i have said ... needs some body work done to it and rear shock absorbers and a new exhaust .... 

My exhaust is a bit rusty. but I want to upgrade it down the line anyway so I'm not too bothered. I've got full leather and heated seats which is so nice, leather is a bit worn out, but it's a 17 year old car, it's too be expected

My exhaust is a bit rusty. but I want to upgrade it down the line anyway so I'm not too bothered. I've got full leather and heated seats which is so nice, leather is a bit worn out, but it's a 17 year old car, it's too be expected

yeah ... stand next to the rear doors and the car will be louder than behind the car xD 

the exhaust has rusted to bits cause of the snow here .... 

yeah ... heated seats are amazing ... also i dont like leather seats .... and i cant be the only one ...