Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

If you overclock it, they are pretty decent for that they cost. ;)

My motherboard doesn't allow me to do so... Fokin MSI

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

surprising how one big rig accident can snarl all of modesto's traffic, even local traffic.

ee10cb43dc.jpg

Freeway was shut down since 2 in the morning, and isn't expected to open for a few more hours.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ah there's only like a 50% chance you'll brick it. :P

Yeah pretty much, I've bricked a router before lol

but it was a el cheapo one I was trying to squeeze some new life out of and I told the person who owned it that it would probably die and they were fine with it (they wanted a new one anyway)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah pretty much, I've bricked a router before lol

but it was a el cheapo one I was trying to squeeze some new life out of and I told the person who owned it that it would probably die and they were fine with it (they wanted a new one anyway)

I'm 0/1 for flashing firmware on a Linksys router.  Sucks too, I liked that thing.

Looked at winter cars (Won't be getting one until next year but i like looking around)

And i found the one i really hope i can find next year.

9609122188.jpg

VW Caddy 1.9 Diesel. Sixty three horsepower NA and front wheel drive. But i still love these things.

Cheap. Easy to maintain. Fantastic mileage and good handling. A real 10/10 winter commuter / furniture hauler

And also found this merc with the glorious OM606

6613646879.jpg

Needs a reg inspection and a bunch of repairs. But its almost worth it for that beast of an engine. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My life RN because of an achievement bug :(

All events have been completed.

xbox.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

12 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

My life RN because of an achievement bug :(

All events have been completed.

xbox.png

You've got 4 more days worth of play time than me. Damn. I thought I played a lot. 

IDK why I was playing so badly, I'm really not that bad usually. I'd be doing pretty good at the beginning of each of our races, get to about 2/3 of the way and choke. That was also my first time playing with anyone else other than in free mode. I'm too dependent on my rewinds really. Gotta change that

damn son.PNG

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

man it honestly sucks that you can't leave town because the freeway is shut down :( (if you don't know what i'm talking about, look on the last post on the previous page.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

man it honestly sucks that you can't leave town because the freeway is shut down :( (if you don't know what i'm talking about, look on the last post on the previous page.

You obviously aren't trying very hard if that's the case. There's always a way out of town. ;)

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

You obviously aren't trying very hard if that's the case. There's always a way out of town. ;)

yeah, but the freeway, as well as local streets are completely backed up. i can't even go to the store for milk, because of all the traffic being rerouted.

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah, but the freeway, as well as local streets are completely backed up. i can't even go to the store for milk, because of all the traffic being rerouted.

Sidewalks are a thing.

@chaozbandit how did you embed instagram posts?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

What happened to the beater you bought for $300?

Scrapped it because it was complete garbage 

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@chaozbandit how did you embed instagram posts?

Same as videos, just paste the link. The forum takes a while to parse it, but it will auto embed. 

If that fails just try re-pasting.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Same as videos, just paste the link. The forum takes a while to parse it, but it will auto embed. 

If that fails just try re-pasting.

still not able to for some reason. :/ 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

still not able to for some reason. :/ 

Well, that's really all there is to it so I dunno.

Changing tabs helps for some reason.

Folding@Home | BOINC

@vinyldash303 Other than grabbing a different power inverter, any other ideas or opinions for the Saab?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

30 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Did you keep the lights?

nope

Anyone here Stateside want to buy a Flensburger Weizen and tell me what the taste is? It was bar none the worst beer I've ever had and I don't know if I got a bad bottle or if the imported one sucks.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Looked up slang for mechanic on urban thesaurus for fun.

Here are my favorites

Spanner wanker

Camshafter

Trimtard

Techanic

There were also unrelated words in the results such as "Turtle lesbo" and "Illegal mexican"...

anybody know where i can get a pressure washer for cheap? i wanna add some serious foam to my car wash, but pressure washers at like sears are cost prohibitive.

Why am I like this? 

IMG_20161105_204333.jpg

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

anybody know where i can get a pressure washer for cheap? i wanna add some serious foam to my car wash, but pressure washers at like sears are cost prohibitive.

Budget?