Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

The NSX is the only one where the zenki one looks better than the kouki one. i prefer those pop up headlights. if only the v6 made more power stock

Yeah. I do love pop-up headlights. A reason I love the NA Miata. Pop ups are sexy.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Yeah. I do love pop-up headlights. A reason I love the NA Miata. Pop ups are sexy.

honestly, pop up headlights just look so weird on short cars like the NA miata. i think the fc3s/fd3s rx7 pulls it off better

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

honestly, pop up headlights just look so weird on short cars like the NA miata. i think the fc3s/fd3s rx7 pulls it off better

I like it just because it's different. That's why I love the Prelude. It's different. Not all too many people knew about it. Especially compared to the Civic.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I like it just because it's different. That's why I love the Prelude. It's different. Not all too many people knew about it. Especially compared to the Civic.

nah, i see one prelude on every block here it's quite common.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

wait, who here plays street legal redline racing or slrr?

nah, i see one prelude on every block here it's quite common.

I've seen maybe 10 in person in my life. If that.

I've seen maybe 10 in person in my life. If that.

I've seen as many as 20 in a day

I've seen as many as 20 in a day

Perks of living in the god-awful Midwest I guess

Perks of living in the god-awful Midwest I guess

At least there's some nice cars here..

At least there's some nice cars here..

From the extremely rich people. Yes. But the midwest is not a very rich area.

From the extremely rich people. Yes. But the midwest is not a very rich area.

Nah, there's a decent amount of money here because of the military bringing it in. If you know where to look you'd find a lot of average people with pretty nice cars.

Nah, there's a decent amount of money here because of the military bringing it in. If you know where to look you'd find a lot of average people with pretty nice cars.

Well. Northern Indiana and SouthWestern Michigan is not an area with nice cars. This is where you will find ricers, muscle cars that are rusted to hell. And lifted trucks to the point where they are as tall as Semis

Ok, 1200 HP and a 1.25 ton Miata is a deadly combination

uyw7Zoa.jpg

Ok, 1200 HP and a 1.25 ton Miata is a deadly combination

--snip--

How on earth did you make that miata 250kg heavier?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How on earth did you make that miata 250kg heavier?

It's that natural weight. I googled it, it said 2290 lbs

It's that natural weight. I googled it, it said 2290 lbs

That is still only 1038kg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That is still only 1038kg

idk, it's a game, it's not exactly scaled right

2007 V-Star 1100

Mods: SS Custom Cycle 429 cams, Barnett 64lb clutch spring conversion, Roadhouse 2-into-1 exhaust, Dyna 3000 ignition module, Dyna Hi-energy coils, Thundervolt spark plug wires, Metric Magic Under tank K&N filter pods, Metric Magic PMS screws, relocated "choke" off bar to engine, Yamaha upgraded starter clutch, Clevver clutch lever, rejetted carbs, Barons ORK oil filter relocation kit, Mustang touring seat, 1000lbs Eibach rear suspension spring, Progressive front fork springs, Stebel Nautilus horn, upgraded rear turn signals, Saddleman Midnight express saddlebags, Givi E340 topcase, Garmin Zumo 665LM, VStar tall windshield and yes, 16-inch apes with internal wiring. 

post-233696-0-33516200-1434857973_thumb.

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

.... Japan.....

That's a film featuring a car, this is practically a car featuring a film

"Rawr XD"

I'm a real sucker for the older ones. A 2003 convertible would be nice

I rented a first gen one a long time ago. It was fun, but the A/C was weak and the floor gets quite hot. It doesn't help that it was summer in Nevada.

I rented a first gen one a long time ago. It was fun, but the A/C was weak and the floor gets quite hot. It doesn't help that it was summer in Nevada.

Heated floors would actually be a good thing during winter^^ 

Heated floors would actually be a good thing during winter^^

True. Unfortunately, I live in a country with high humidity and daytime temperatures between 30 and 40 Celsius all year round. :( The only good thing about it is I never have to blow/shovel snow.

I hear the current Viper is very refined. I cannot afford that car though, as I don't foresee plopping over 60k USD on a car anytime soon (my cars are all in the 25-50k range). The Viper is like 230k where I am at (thanks to weird tax laws).

True. Unfortunately, I live in a country with high humidity and daytime temperatures between 30 and 40 Celsius all year round. :( The only good thing about it is I never have to blow/shovel snow.

I hear the current Viper is very refined. I cannot afford that car though, as I don't foresee plopping over 60k USD on a car anytime soon (my cars are all in the 25-50k range). The Viper is like 230k where I am at (thanks to weird tax laws).

30-40*C is what i'd enjoy on a vacation. Year round would probably drive me nuts

You could ask the guy that posted his a few pages ago. That thing looks stunning.

230k is what i'd pay for a farm near here...

30-40*C is what i'd enjoy on a vacation. Year round would probably drive me nuts

You could ask the guy that posted his a few pages ago. That thing looks stunning.

230k is what i'd pay for a farm near here...

Yup, no air-conditioning is a real health risk here. I am still on the fence if I should live here for good, or if I should move to the temperate zone (lots of stuff to dispose of and lots of paperwork to do, if I go this route).

Incorrect edit/post... Please ignore (stubby fingers on a phone).