Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, techswede said:

Das Vermeiden der deutschen Sprache in Deutschland wird nicht einfach sein

Well then. Good luck.

The typical ones are between 4.8 and 5 meters long. My car is dam near five meters long..

Also enjoy going metric :P 

Mud boggers won't fit in the arches though. Going to need to sawzall a few bits first

Yes I can!

I refuse to go metric xD I left google maps in imperial. :P

Sawzall it is.

6 hours ago, RatedBlam said:

I did some quick reading on the new Mazda engines during lunch break and it seems the superchargers are one of the necessary things to achieve the compression ignition. 

No idea how true this is because it was a really quick read. 

So sounds like the supercharger is just gonna be an air heater. I wouldn't expect a significant performance increase over their current lineups then. Don't get hyped. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

33 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yup. Nothing new except spark plugs. 

Heh , i was expecting that tbh . All of these older 2strokes are pretty much bulletproof , tho basic maintenance is a must . 

The issue you are describing is a clogged jet in the carburetor , so giving them a rebuild and cleanup should easily fix it . And give the pulse pumps a check too.

Cant wait to hear this thing rip on water 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm gonna pop the gearbox off and look at the water pump, clean up the carbs (maybe just get new ones unless you can find a rebuild kit for cheaper than $60?) then run it for a while in that oil drum just to get it some exercise. I put way more than 50:1 in that gas can because i was in a hurry and didnt measure it and figured more oil on the bearings that haven't spun sense '06 wouldn't hurt. 

Not really sure you will find Tilotson carbs for cheaper than 60$ , unless they need a rebuild , like yours . 

More oil cant "hurt" the engine , but will fould the plugs pretty easily . Also , what oil are you using ? 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thats pretty much my ideal playlist. 

Tik Tok is my shit. So is S&M and Super Bass. Throwback to middle school man. 

this stuff was all the throwback, and it brought back some serious memories. like every elementary/middle school party i ever attended this shit was blasting.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

17 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

New carbs I found for ~80 and rebuild kits for $60. I'll look with more motivation now that I know it runs. 

I bought a gallon of Lucas Semi Synthetic two cycle oil. 

hmm , never heard of that oil before , i guess its US exclusive ? 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Lucas makes a bunch of stuff here. Some of it is pretty popular. Spme of it is pretty good

Ahh .. i myself use nothing but Motul Racing 2stroke Full-synthetic . Pretty pricey 40$/L  but doesnt leave much crud behind , and doesnt smoke alot ... and never had an engine sieze on me .

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

so today i have an interview with panda express at 4 so like i'm lowkey nervous actually haha. but the thing is i submitted an application yesterday and that same day the store called me in for an interview for today. never had i ever gotten such a quick response lol. but hey an interview is anything to me. i'm desperate at this point.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So this has got me thinking that HCCI won't be done at idle since there is basically no boost? 

So it'll only really be beneficial in terms of saving fuel at cruising speed and not in town as much? 

Possibly. Use the plugs for starting and idle with the supercharger behind a clutch for suitable conditions. 

Since I'm no chemist I wonder if this will cosmbust at a high enough temperature to start producing NOX. The boogie man in diesel engines. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

29 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so today i have an interview with panda express at 4 so like i'm lowkey nervous actually haha. but the thing is i submitted an application yesterday and that same day the store called me in for an interview for today. never had i ever gotten such a quick response lol. but hey an interview is anything to me. i'm desperate at this point.

Good luck and update us!

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Good luck and update us!

Will do. Hopefully i don't fuck up, like i did the last 5 interviews. It's an entry level position, it shouldn't  be too hard.

47 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Good luck, don't bring shame to your family.

I never thought I'd like a C2 as much as I love my Code

Side.png

20170419_151426[1].jpg

20170709_112519[1].jpg

20170401_162113[1].jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I never thought I'd like a C2 as much as I love my Code

20170709_112519[1].jpg

Your car looks like a Koala ? to me

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Any recommended brands for new suspension bushings? 

Sadly Energy doesn't make bushings for my car. But I'd love some nice bushings down the line

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Your car looks like a Koala ? to me

Yea aha, needs a new nose

20170714_175819.thumb.jpg.0479e1d68da747d0b6af0556c1beaa37.jpg

But I ain't ready to spend £90 just for this grille

She's gonna look like this from the outside with the black chin bits, no V6 tho

20170715_131754.thumb.jpg.1bc509f328350fd5aac92ab317905ad2.jpg

She'll also be getting Halo's eventually too

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Sadly Energy doesn't make bushings for my car. But I'd love some nice bushings down the line

Powerflex ?

8 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Yea aha, needs a new nose

But I ain't ready to spend £90 just for this grille

She's gonna look like this from the outside with the black chin bits, no V6 tho

She'll also be getting Halo's eventually too

I love how it looks, I think that would be money well spent

The grill I want for my car is about$130IIRC. Someday

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Powerflex ?

A little pricey. But seems like good quality

Such a cool video to see

Also at the Paul Walker Memorial Ride event they re-enacted the race between "Jesse" and "Tran"

28 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Moog? I heard good things about them.

47 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good luck, don't bring shame to your family.

Seeing I didn't get a job 5 interviews ago, I already have.

11 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love how it looks, I think that would be money well spent

The grill I want for my car is about$130IIRC. Someday

A little pricey. But seems like good quality

It will be done eventually, just once I've got the important stuff out the way with or I have a spare £100 laying around, they come unpainted so theres that

They're meant to be pretty good bushes, probably gonna be replacing my cars ones with them when bits need changing

Also got a couple of custom made stickers being done atm :)

598b45cadd543_customsticker.png.dbe1f40ca2cedef2b34ec8e84d53cf63.png

Its gonna be in the theme of the french flag once its complete

10 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

It will be done eventually, just once I've got the important stuff out the way with or I have a spare £100 laying around, they come unpainted so theres that

They're meant to be pretty good bushes, probably gonna be replacing my cars ones with them when bits need changing

Same here. I just need to get my car on the road first, then new tires all around, brakes, downpipe, then I can think about aesthetic pieces. 

Didn't mean it as a bad thing. You definitely get what you pay for