Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Exhaust wont breathe that much better without a header. Headers are a huge difference and should be the first thing you do. 

But it's such a pain in the ass to try to remove the header, let alone try to install a new one. Unlike my protege, which has the header right behind the radiator, the one in the ms6 is right in front of the firewall, and that's super cramped there.

I need TuV legal now. Or to cheese it and legalize it here and say "no, give me the inspection sticker because the government says so."

isn't that like a european standard? you're in america, don't worry about it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm not for long..

I'm not for long..

oh yeah. well there should be a box out there that's TuV certified.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

oh yeah. well there should be a box out there that's TuV certified.

I think my first concern is swapping an engine. I dunno if they're still strict assholes about that.

I think my first concern is swapping an engine. I dunno if they're still strict assholes about that.

wait what part of europe do you plan to live in? scandinavia seem to be assholes about a lot of things, especially engine swaps. i assume you're trying to drive a mustang with a new crate engine in europe?

wait what part of europe do you plan to live in? scandinavia seem to be assholes about a lot of things, especially engine swaps. i assume you're trying to drive a mustang with a new crate engine in europe?

Germany. And yes, that's my plan.

Germany. And yes, that's my plan.

Then they probably won't mind, if you stick with their safety and emissions standards. but of course, i'm not german. talk to a real german about that. and i wish you good luck trying to get a running mustang in germany

But it's such a pain in the ass to try to remove the header, let alone try to install a new one. Unlike my protege, which has the header right behind the radiator, the one in the ms6 is right in front of the firewall, and that's super cramped there.

The gains would be worth it though. But being in Cali, no way you could get an approved header. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Then they probably won't mind, if you stick with their safety and emissions standards. but of course, i'm not german. talk to a real german about that. and i wish you good luck trying to get a running mustang in germany

Oh it's not hard. I have the full ability to do it, just wonder how much paperwork I'll have to go through to force the Germans to allow my Frankensteined car. Could outright buy a new one but that's more money. But having it re-registered on the next date might be a pain.

I wish they'd just check if the electrical systems work and it passes emissions and sticker it instead of being so uptight. But I won't know for sure until I get there unless I can find the all the laws online.

The gains would be worth it though. But being in Cali, no way you could get an approved header. 

It would, but like you said, it's next to impossible to find a 50 state legal header. Either i just go for this or i go for a smaller diameter pipe, like Magnaflow, but i need to know what the stock specs are first so i don't end up buying an aftermarket system with the same pipe diameter. And besides, the MS6 has a turbo, in case you forgot, and that's where the header connects, not to the exhaust system itself. so would i be looking for a downpipe instead?

Page 913; Porsche 913 spyder concept

porsche913spyder.field.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It would, but like you said, it's next to impossible to find a 50 state legal header. Either i just go for this or i go for a smaller diameter pipe, like Magnaflow, but i need to know what the stock specs are first so i don't end up buying an aftermarket system with the same pipe diameter. And besides, the MS6 has a turbo, in case you forgot, and that's where the header connects, not to the exhaust system itself. so would i be looking for a downpipe instead?

Downpipe is past the turbo. 

Stock manifold: 

IGi3ErX.jpg

Random aftermarket header:

gPlzs2F.jpg

It'll deliver the exhaust more evenly and less restricted to the turbo. That manifold looks really restrictive. For perspective, even on a NA car a header is a big improvement. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Downpipe is past the turbo. 

Stock manifold: 

Random aftermarket header:

It'll deliver the exhaust more evenly and less restricted to the turbo. That manifold looks really restrictive. For perspective, even on a NA car a header is a big improvement. 

don't know. maybe. i was thinking of other upgrades, like air ride, new rims, exhaust, air intake, plastidipping the badges, halo headlights, as well as LED taillights.

don't know. maybe. i was thinking of other upgrades, like air ride, new rims, exhaust, air intake, plastidipping the badges, halo headlights, as well as LED taillights.

So basically you are turning it into a ricerburner honda?

Not if he does it tastefully.

Nope. I don't plan to stance it, just lower it, and maybe black out the car with some tint, and with black rims, black badges, and a black body, then it will look good.

I'll fine some nice looking lights that don't like something that came off a ricer.

Nope. I don't plan to stance it, just lower it, and maybe black out the car with some tint, and with black rims, black badges, and a black body, then it will look good.

I'll fine some nice looking lights that don't like something that came off a ricer.

Well you can't do a blackout car and not have it look a bit rice-y..

Well you can't do a blackout car and not have it look a bit rice-y..

Well it's better than having a ricer that shows off too much, with stupid spoilers, stupid rims, stupid everything. i'm trying to go for a clean look, and not alter the body much. i might go wide body kit for the car, but i feel like that's gonna be a money pit.

There is a fine line. Modern day car fads are really weird to me anyway. Money could be much better spent on modifications that are worthwhile performance or handling wise. 

There is a fine line. Modern day car fads are really weird to me anyway. Money could be much better spent on modifications that are worthwhile performance or handling wise. 

ok don't hate me, but i'm all for looks. i mean 274hp is more than enough for me anyway.

Tell me i'm not the only one who's hyped about the new NFS game? i like it because it actually does look like real life, thanks to the Frostbite engine. And like real real, not like Underground 2 real.

ok don't hate me, but i'm all for looks. i mean 274hp is more than enough for me anyway.

As far as looks go all I currently want is tinted windows, Mazda 3 Grand Touring wheels, and MAYBE fog lights. I kinda like the non fog light clip on the 3s. I might have my door fixed. Its got a small dent from something kicked up by the front tire. My dad keeps saying if I do get it fixed, somebody will just smash it with their escalade door the next day. So idk.

For performance, I desperately need new motor mounts, new tires after a while, and anything that can improve gas mileage. I'm ok with the power right now. Maybe better throttle response would be nice cause rev matching is hard in this car. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like it responds at all. Then I have to blip it again and usually ends up over-revving and causing a harsh down shift.