Liquid Metal in a PHONE!?!?!

I applied thermal pads to my LG G4 , while temps got lower, screen started to get extremely hot when gaming, almost to a point where I have to wait for it to cool down.

Edited by Levent
drunk typo

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@James has looking creepy down to a science. Well done!

So can liquid metal cool off any hothead? Would I get in trouble applying to someone in the office?

1 hour ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

So can liquid metal cool off any hothead? Would I get in trouble applying to someone in the office?

Gallium is actually safe1 for human consumption so you could do a lot worse.  If you want someone to be cooler maybe offer them a beer.

2 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Gallium is actually safe1 for human consumption so you could do a lot worse.  If you want someone to be cooler maybe offer them a beer.

But applying liquid metal.. you know, for science would be much more fun.

487/5000

It's definitely a risky procedure. On the other hand, some phones asks for a better thermal solution. 
My 2017 LG K10 was shutting down the video recording app with few minutes of use due to overheating. So I applied the Artic MX-4 (to play safe with a non-conductive solution). Now the app can continue to shoot for a long time. Of course the case and the screen heats up more, but that doesn't bother me, since I use a tripod.

Hey guys, I suggest using toothpicks as an alternative to cotton swabs.

For the love of all tech, try it!

They are more precise, look better on video and do not leave occasional micro fibers around.  

Just now, DoctorWho1975 said:

@James has looking creepy down to a science. Well done!

Yo doc...gallium infused in a beer gonna do the trick

so... would they have seen better improvement if the team applied liquid metal to the entire heat pipe instead of that small section of it? 

at 1:53 you see the entire heat pipe exposed. 

31 minutes ago, KAN1102 said:

Yo doc...gallium infused in a beer gonna do the trick

Or maybe shots of liquid metal?

Just now, DoctorWho1975 said:

Or maybe shots of liquid metal?

HELL YEAH!!(call linus...might be intrested)

1 hour ago, someunregpunk said:

so... would they have seen better improvement if the team applied liquid metal to the entire heat pipe instead of that small section of it? 

at 1:53 you see the entire heat pipe exposed. 

We put liquid metal on the part that contacts the CPU, additional liquid metal probably wouldn't help and increases the chance we could destroy the phone.