Linus always asks what the 'Golden Age of LinusTechTips' was. Well here it is.

Pyroven

I've been looking at perhaps buying a cheap PC case recently, and as a result a lot of slightly older cases have come up. I've been looking at stuff like the Fogus G, MasterBox and BitFenix Nova.

As a result, while I've been looking I'm been coming across a lot of slightly older cases like the Corsair 100R, 230T and review videos of things like the N600 and Fractal Core Series.

The only way I can articulate my emotions to these old LTT videos is oh my god.

They're just so good.

Core 3500 Video

Corsair 230T Video

Coolermaster N600

I saw these videos when they were new, they're what got me subscribed in the first place and I had, like a lot of people, become more and more disinterested as LTT stopped reviewing products and started going more the buzzfeed route. However I hadn't realised just how much better they were, I just assumed I was being nostalgia baited, but now that I am actively seeking out a PC case these videos are invaluable.

These videos are all so thorough, they have such attention to detail and are so well edited and shot. The B-Roll is still excellent, the script is packed full of information while containing lots of side information and flowering to really give a beautifully emcompassing understanding of the product; Its features, why the features exist, why they matter, and why not having them matters.

They're just, so good.

I often find I just get bored watching the recent videos from the channel. I usually end up watching them because I have nothing else to watch rather than because I want to, which makes it kind of frustrating to hear Linus when he talks about how people are illusioned when they talk about how 'the old videos were better'. The reality is, they actually were. You can watch any of the videos from this time and they all exemplify these qualities.

So what's the point of me posting this thread? It's not going to change anything, LTT has to serve the mainstream audience now. Linus himself has said that the channel is never going back to this style of video.

I understand that, I know they're never coming back.

What I do wish for is that LMG would perhaps do a sister channel for this style of review, not necessarily hosted by Linus himself but under his guidance. Perhaps LukeTechTips could be a thing? (I know he's in charge of Floatplane now but maybe as a side project.) Of course content in such quantity as daily wouldn't be to be expected. None of the other review channels have this level of excellence nor do they deliver such full information so succinctly and beautifully.

I just really want more content like this.

7 minutes ago, Pyroven said:

What I do wish for is that LMG would perhaps do a sister channel for this style of review

Linus has recently said there will be a new channel coming, though he hasn't stated what type of content will be uploaded to it and we have no official channel launch date.  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Linus has recently said there will be a new channel coming, though he hasn't stated what type of content will be uploaded to it and we have no official channel launch date.  

I did think of that, but I really doubt the new channel will be this. I don't know what it would be but I really don't believe, from what the hiring requirements were, that it would really have anything to do with PC hardware at all.

Just now, Pohernori said:

From three years earlier, and I'm pretty sure this was because NCIX had agreed to make videos on the remote controlled toys.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

...When has Linus ever asked when the channel's 'Golden Age' was? o.O

A few times now on the WAN Show.

The thing is, those videos were catering for a niche market of people who actually care what’s in their PC. The current videos are getting a lot more hits from a younger audience too. 

There’s still useful information on the old ones. The new ones are so click bait I’m usually sticking to Techquickie. 

That's an F in the profile pic

2013-2015 is the time where I watched LTT videos.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.