Ram usage through the roof help !!!!!

givingtnt

so. for months, no at least a whole year iv had to deal with my ram issues
I just end up restarting my pc whenever its at 99% or if a game lags. and its getting REALLY annoying and I want to fix it.

here's a screenshot of task manager after bootup, and turning on chrome with the usual tabs (21 tabs, including the forum, youtube, gmail/hotmail, some small JSON db outputs, and a few websites for school/work.
nothing huge. (well maybe twitch is currently playing)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b9dd61085f120689bf64768ba439cf5b.png

this is insane. 43% memory for that. TM has a LOT of stuff I don't know about. and I want to reduce it to normal stuff.
over time, doing nothing or browsing around, ram will creep up (takes about a day)

I just don't know how.
please help.

specs : 
4790k, stock
h80i
msi GD-65 Z97 motherboard
gtx 780 DCUII (asus)
4x 4gb HyperX Fury 1866Mhz
evga supernova G2 750W psu
some ssds and hdds

pls :( 

edit : see ? I just posted this, refreshed the page, and already creeped up a bit. nothing changed tho.
image.png.214c2428e14c38461c440741cc0c0fc4.png

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

so. for months, no at least a whole year iv had to deal with my ram issues
I just end up restarting my pc whenever its at 99% or if a game lags. and its getting REALLY annoying and I want to fix it.

here's a screenshot of task manager after bootup, and turning on chrome with the usual tabs (21 tabs, including the forum, youtube, gmail/hotmail, some small JSON db outputs, and a few websites for school/work.
nothing huge. (well maybe twitch is currently playing)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.b9dd61085f120689bf64768ba439cf5b.png

this is insane. 43% memory for that. TM has a LOT of stuff I don't know about. and I want to reduce it to normal stuff.
over time, doing nothing or browsing around, ram will creep up (takes about a day)

I just don't know how.
please help.

specs : 
4790k, stock
h80i
msi GD-65 Z97 motherboard
gtx 780 DCUII (asus)
4x 4gb HyperX Fury 1866Mhz
evga supernova G2 750W psu
some ssds and hdds

pls :( 

edit : see ? I just posted this, refreshed the page, and already creeped up a bit. nothing changed tho.
image.png.214c2428e14c38461c440741cc0c0fc4.png

Why do you have so many instances of Chrome running?

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

Just now, HunterScott said:

different tabs no ?

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

3 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

Chrome opens about 7 just for a single page.

edit:. ok just realized they not child processes.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Son, what are you talking about? This is perfectly normal. I have 16GB or RAM as well, I get to around the same usage as well. Chrome is well known for poor resource management, this is actually not even that bad. Now if it's at 80% or more then you most likely have a Windows 10 memory leakage, but 43% is perfectly normal for how many applications you have open.

Just now, Oberon.Smite said:

Son, what are you talking about? This is perfectly normal. I have 16GB or RAM as well, I get to around the same usage as well. Chrome is well known for poor resource management, this is actually not even that bad. Now if it's at 80% or more then you most likely have a Windows 10 memory leakage, but 43% is perfectly normal for how many applications you have open.

my tam creeps up non stop, after a day just left running i'll cap out my 16gb
it looks low because I just restarted.

also there's some crap around idk how to remove.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b5f29ea6a4ea49c422858f8a572d55ec.png

image.png

I think there's also an instance of Chrome open for many extensions, but don't quote me on that. It also uses more RAM if you have more RAM available. Here's my XPS13 with 8GB of RAM and a basically fresh Windows install.

taskamanger.PNG

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's the same as has always been. The more stuff you allow at startup the more resources will get used up and the more it will bog down your machine.

Do you really need to load all these things at startup just to save you a few milliseconds when (and if) you decide to run them in that session?

Do you really want something updating in the background hogging up your network bandwidth when you're trying to use the network for something else?

If you want to fix it then open all your ups and deselect the "start with windows" or "load at windows startup" option :D

And if you've finished with something then right click on the system tray icon and exit.

Also you can sort the list by mem usage. Watch to see if anything is climbing up the list to see if you have memory leak.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I turned off everything but a few drivers in startup.
this is what I get

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df6f447e5d04a0736abca4a682719b01.png

Yeah my RAM is used up a lot too, hell my minecraft server eats 18GiB just idling. 

Screenshot (144).png

Yours faithfully

Windows uses ram

Chrome uses (a lot) of ram

-Insert other applications here- use ram

Thats why you have it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing there looks out of the ordinary

For comparison: My Dell XPS 15 with 8gb of ram

Right after startup. No apps open except what runs at startup

Spoiler

5a6fedd703532_beforechrome.JPG.53782f5c5edbe4abccacc6c3b0c6a7a6.JPG

And when good old chrome is launched with ~10 tabs, 5 extensions, a theme, and signed in to my google account and what not

Spoiler

5a6fedd589cb6_afterchrome.JPG.dad43b1067c2eb9eecbb16062a4460ea.JPG

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!