Custom machining?

Alpha297
Go to solution Solved by dcgreen2k,

Protocase?

I seem to remember on some of the more custom and exotic cases on some LTT builds they sent out to a website that does custom machining for small batches such as a single case panel.  I can't seem to find or remember what that site was.  Can someone help me out?

Protocase?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Protocase does single cases; however, I'd think a minimum cost would be 100 - and that's a minimum. It could easily go to a couple hundred.

What're you looking to do?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

2 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Protocase?

I think that's it.  Thanks a lot!

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

Protocase does single cases; however, I'd think a minimum cost would be 100 - and that's a minimum. It could easily go to a couple hundred.

I'm not sure.  Just rolling ideas in my head and wanted to find the website to take a look at what they do.  So nothing specific really. 

1 minute ago, Alpha297 said:

I think that's it.  Thanks a lot!

We have a rep on the forums also @Protocase which you can also contact. Just know though for any custom machining or design work for a fully custom made case you will be looking at a pretty steep price tag, approx in the thousands. 

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Haha.  Hahaha.  Hahahahahaha

Minimum tag of $1k maybe, the smallest sli matx rig cost $4000 Canadian/$3000 USD

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

11 hours ago, Damascus said:

Haha.  Hahaha.  Hahahahahaha

Minimum tag of $1k maybe, the smallest sli matx rig cost $4000 Canadian/$3000 USD

In my mind, by minimum, I meant a single square of aluminum (not powerdercoated) of a certain size.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Hi all, thanks @thegreengamers for giving us a shout-out. We do indeed offer custom CNC machining - with no minimum orders whatsoever. 

It's difficult to provide pricing and other details unless you have a design or vision in mind. But our team is ready to answer your questions and provide quotes! Best way to get connected with an account manager is to email info@protocase.com.

Our website has info about our CNC machining, although we are in the midst of updating it with a lot more content. :)

1 hour ago, Protocase said:

Hi all, thanks @thegreengamers for giving us a shout-out. We do indeed offer custom CNC machining - with no minimum orders whatsoever. 

It's difficult to provide pricing and other details unless you have a design or vision in mind. But our team is ready to answer your questions and provide quotes! Best way to get connected with an account manager is to email info@protocase.com.

Our website has info about our CNC machining, although we are in the midst of updating it with a lot more content. :)

Thanks for the info @Protocase and everyone else. Like I said I’m just in a conceptual phase. I don’t want to mislead and say I’m anywhere near ordering, if I eventually do anything with the idea at all. Just info gathering is all. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha297 said:

Thanks for the info @Protocase and everyone else. Like I said I’m just in a conceptual phase. I don’t want to mislead and say I’m anywhere near ordering, if I eventually do anything with the idea at all. Just info gathering is all. 

Completely understand! Feel free to check out our website - if you have any questions, even in the "info gathering" stage, we are here to help. 

Happy researching :)