Looking like Denuvo isn't pissing off any time soon

ItsMitch

Denuvo technologies has been officially purchased out by Irdeto in it's bid to and I quote "Beef up security for the games industry" 

Well, I'm sad, gamers will be very sad because of this DRM level of bullshit. They're also bringing the security into VR, mobiles too. 

Top gaming security firm Denuvo has been acquired by software giant Irdeto as part of a deal provide anti-piracy and and anti-cheat solutions for PC, mobile, console, and VR devices.

Denuvo provides technology and services for game publishers and platforms, with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and Lionsgate Entertainment among its current list of clients.

The Managing Director of Irdeto said 

"Hackers and cybercriminals in the gaming space are savvy, and always have been," said Reinhard Blaukovitsch, managing director of Denuvo, Irdeto. "It is critical to implement robust security strategies to combat the latest gaming threats and protect the investment in games. Much like the movie industry, it's the only way to ensure that great games continue to get made.

Kind of said they're calling crackers "hackers", just really sad that they're keeping up with their bullshit methods of DRM. 

It wasn't confirmed how much the acquisition would have cost Irdeto but for all, I fucking care it could have been a packet of M&Ms. My take is pretty clear, fuck denuvo, fuck Irdeto, a bunch of assholes. 

Sources: https://wccftech.com/denuvo-irdeto-protect-games-desktop-consoles/ | http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-23-irdeto-acquires-denuvo-in-bid-to-beef-up-security-in-the-games-industry

Aww shit... *middle finger at Denuvo* *sighing*

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Denuvo has already been broken. Won't go into further detail on who or where, but games launching with it are cracked within the first few hours of release, making the DRM completely, and totally worthless. And from what information I do have, that isn't going to change any time soon, even if they change the key generator that denuvo servers use. Hopefully, leading publishers to use other mediums of drm that don't bog down a systems performance or network.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Denuvo has already been broken. Won't go into further detail on who or where, but games launching with it are cracked within the first few hours of release, making the DRM completely, and totally worthless. And from what information I do have, that isn't going to change any time soon, even if they change the key generator that denuvo servers use. Hopefully, leading publishers to use other mediums of drm that don't bog down a systems performance or network.

bullshit. sonic forces is the only denuvo games that has been cracked in months.

AC:O might be next but its far away from broken and worthless.

Just stop please.

This is coming from a person that doesn't private stuff and don't want others to.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

15 minutes ago, apm said:

bullshit. sonic forces is the only denuvo games that has been cracked in months.

AC:O might be next but its far away from broken and worthless.

Total war warhammer 2, fifa 18, both cracked in under 12 hours of release.

The current versions of denuvo are already broken by those few groups, if a game with it hasnt been pushed yet its because of the integration most likely per-game, or because the demand for it isnt high enough. TBH im surprised sonic forces even got a moment of time from any of these guys. Must have been a pretty easy job or something.

AC:O hasn't been cracked I'm almost certain because of VMprotect, not denuvo. Denuvo up to 4.7 has already been broken.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I've never heard of Irdeto, who are these guys?

they're bigger cunts than denuvo by protecting their clients digital property, aka super lawyers that'll sue to protect

https://irdeto.com/

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

they're bigger cunts than denuvo by protecting their clients digital property, aka super lawyers that'll sue to protect

So their protection is lawyers? WTF. xD

Well if you can't beat them with anti-piracy methods, sue them out of existence.

21 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Total war warhammer 2, fifa 18, both cracked in under 12 hours of release.

The current versions of denuvo are already broken by those few groups, if a game with it hasnt been pushed yet its because of the integration most likely per-game, or because the demand for it isnt high enough. TBH im surprised sonic forces even got a moment of time from any of these guys. Must have been a pretty easy job or something.

AC:O hasn't been cracked I'm almost certain because of VMprotect, not denuvo. Denuvo up to 4.7 has already been broken.

AC: O uses Denuvo 4.8, not 4.7. So far only one 4.8 game has been bypassed, Sonic Forces. We'll see if the method for that game can be applied to other 4.8 titles or not. I imagine with FighterZ releasing this Friday and also using 4.8 that will put some pressure on people to see if they can bypass it quickly. If FighterZ remains "safe" for weeks then its safe to say that whatever method was used for Forces cannot be easily applied to other titles.

30 FPS coming soon to PC, courtesy of shituvo

they're like: so you get your games legally on steam? we'll add denuvo anyway

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

10 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

30 FPS coming soon to PC, courtesy of shituvo

they're like: so you get your games legally on steam? we'll add denuvo anyway

There has yet to be any definitive proof that Denuvo has a significant impact on performance.

Steam might as well be DRM free for all the good it does.

Just now, Derangel said:

There has yet to be any definitive proof that Denuvo has a significant impact on performance.

Steam might as well be DRM free for all the good it does.

I'll be sure to tell the gamers of the quad cores that got fucking slaughtered during the Assassins Creed Origins release. Denuvo and VM is to blame. No way would a game put that much stress under a CPU. 

6 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'll be sure to tell the gamers of the quad cores that got fucking slaughtered during the Assassins Creed Origins release. Denuvo and VM is to blame. No way would a game put that much stress under a CPU. 

Unless you can offer conclusive proof then all you have is conjecture. It is possible they caused it, it is also just as likely that Ubi fucked something else up when making the game. Patches they have done since launch have vastly improved CPU usage without removing either DRM.

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

AC: O uses Denuvo 4.8, not 4.7. So far only one 4.8 game has been bypassed, Sonic Forces. We'll see if the method for that game can be applied to other 4.8 titles or not. I imagine with FighterZ releasing this Friday and also using 4.8 that will put some pressure on people to see if they can bypass it quickly. If FighterZ remains "safe" for weeks then its safe to say that whatever method was used for Forces cannot be easily applied to other titles.

All the non-cracked games was listed as 4.7 until Sonic Forces were cracked. Then they were updated to list as 4.8. Which makes sense. South park got cracked instantly on 4.7 so they changed some stuff to newer game releases (the likes of AC:O, NFS payback, BF2) 

Some information on sketchy parts of the internet have made people over at a certain subreddit, to believe that two other games from the 4.8 list is coming soontm 

Denuvo is far from dead but its just a matter of time before someone cracks the latest version of it. But then Denuvo just releases another version. And then crackers crack the newer version. And the hamster wheel keeps on spinning.

Edit: Also AC:O is very very CPU-resource hungry. I won't say whats to blame but I'm looking at 80%+ load on all  12threads on my 4960x - 1080p ultra settings. 

Why can't they just remove Denuvo from games after a month or so after release? I would think that DRM could protect the software from distribution, but after the initial sales have ended around the three month mark they could easily remove the DRM and allow full playability of the title. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Do people even pirate games still and why put money towards preventing people from being able to pirate your game when they wouldn't have paid for it to begin with?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

We needed those extra 2 or 4 Ryzen cores for something amirite?

19 hours ago, Derangel said:

Unless you can offer conclusive proof then all you have is conjecture. It is possible they caused it, it is also just as likely that Ubi fucked something else up when making the game. Patches they have done since launch have vastly improved CPU usage without removing either DRM.

Daaaaaaamn son, you must be enjoying the shit outta dat Irdeto money xD

2 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Daaaaaaamn son, you must be enjoying the shit outta dat Irdeto money xD

Yes because god forbid someone actually want PROOF and not baseless conjecture before condemning something. Kind of like how everyone jumped on the "Denuvo kills SSD" bandwagon despite the only "proof" being a shady as hell post on some random Russian forum. Come to find out that the entire thing was bunk and people were frothing at the mouth for nothing.

We're talking about Ubisoft here. Their PC ports don't exactly have a stellar reputation.

There has been a discussion before that when it becomes more convenient to buy a game than it does to pirate it, that people will buy it. And I seriously think that denuvo is just a layer of nothing but annoyance. All it does is cripple performance for the people who get it legitimately. So it’s less convenient than pirating for a lot of people. I still buy games myself, I don’t support pirating in any way. Just saying that denuvo is doing nothing but contributing to the problem.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Yeah, it will be continued to be used. Question is how long before it gets cracked faster and faster. Also all the it hurts performance doesn't pain a good image. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, it will be continued to be used. Question is how long before it gets cracked faster and faster. Also all the it hurts performance doesn't pain a good image. 

For a bit new versions would get cracked quickly, but now it seems like things are at a bit of a standstill. One 4.8 game has been cracked and there might be cracks released for others soon, but we'll see. If a crack appears for FighterZ quickly after release I think that will be a solid sign that 4.8 is completely compromised. If it takes weeks or longer then I'd say that means it is still pretty secure. I imagine they're already working on 4.9 though, so when 4.8 is fully broken they can just roll out a new version.

I wish we could get a solid answer on the performance question. People like to claim that Denuvo is the cause of performance issues, but we lack any real proof. The games that remove it seem to already work well and they also include other things with those patches so it makes it impossible to really get an answer. As I recall, Doom showed no significant difference and that's the only game that was extensively tested after Denuvo was removed. Since Doom ran so well anyway it didn't provide answers one way or the other.