Why most Youtubers use intel i9s/Extremes as their main rig?

I have seen many 'tech' YouTubers peddling different processors to the audience but eventually when building their own, they use Intel's extreme editions or i9s. Why is that? Are those goody-goody new things not enough?

Main system (Mini itx 80mm)

i5-7500 | Asrock h110m | Noctua L9i | Realan H80 Case | 8GB 2400 Ram ADATA | M600 SSD | 500 GB Seagate

Other System (Laptop)

i7 3632QM | Toshiba | 8GB Corsair VS RAM | Sandisk SSD PLUS | 500GB Toshiba HDD

Because they need the crazy power for constant editing, uploading, and streaming. They do alot of things at once.

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

A lot of them get sponsored. If you're getting sponsored, you ask for the best thing you can get.

6 minutes ago, Grimfrost769 said:

Because they need the crazy power for constant editing, uploading, and streaming. They do alot of things at once.

In my experience, Threadripper is much more suited for this, especially when considering the price.

because they are entusiasts themselves mostly too. if you are a car entusiast, are you going for your dream car or a beat up old lada? in the same way lots of tech enthusiasts go for their dream system instead of a i7, eventough an i7 would be enough in most cases.

4 minutes ago, Stroal said:

In my experience, Threadripper is much more suited for this, especially when considering the price.

But they don't have to consider the price. AMD is better when price is considered, Intel is when it is not considered.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

i9 or threadripper, i think i'll go with threadripper as its cheaper and has way more PCIe slots to do a multi way many GPU for GPU accelerated multi tasking.

A lot of youtubers are sponsored or just talk out of their ass. In the end of the day they dont believe what they preach. Take a look at the latest patch hitting intel making it even worse.

I've always been advocating AMD ryzen arch ever since it came out.

5 minutes ago, Stroal said:

Not always, in gaming for example threadripper is simply inferior. Many prosumer workloads also demand single threaded performance in which case the i9s are better choices.

I don't deny that threadripper offers better value in most cases but a lot of the time these youtubers are sponsored and/or using review samples given to them. There's no doubt that a 7980XE is superior to a 1950x

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Intel gives them the processors for free, while amd doesn't. That is why all of them have the top end free intel proccessors.

I've never seen a single Youtuber talking any good about the i9 lol

Aside from sponsored videos of course

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Not always, in gaming for example threadripper is simply inferior. Many prosumer workloads also demand single threaded performance in which case the i9s are better choices.

I don't deny that threadripper offers better value in most cases but a lot of the time these youtubers are sponsored and/or using review samples given to them. There's no doubt that a 7980XE is superior to a 1950x

I'm sorry but NOBODY is buying a 1950x to game on it i mean you pick the very 1 thing that it doesn't do well its not targeted to gamers infact is not advised to gamers on it. 

Pick any other threshold of comparison and 1950x wins by some pretty stiff margins. I don't think that has any merits when comparing HEDT yeah i'm pretty sure the 7980xe i9 will win head to head amd didn't target the 7980xe it was devloped after the 1950x came out in fact they targeted the i9 7900x the 7980xe was intel response to the 1950x @ twice the cost.

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

39 minutes ago, Ddarlington36 said:

I'm sorry but NOBODY is buying a 1950x to game on it i mean you pick the very 1 thing that it doesn't do well its not targeted to gamers infact is not advised to gamers on it. 

Pick any other threshold of comparison and 1950x wins by some pretty stiff margins. I don't think that has any merits when comparing HEDT yeah i'm pretty sure the 7980xe i9 will win head to head amd didn't target the 7980xe it was devloped after the 1950x came out in fact they targeted the i9 7900x the 7980xe was intel response to the 1950x @ twice the cost.

Notice that he wasn't just talking about gaming?

As for the rest of your comment its very obvious that you lack firsthand experience with either x299 or x399 as you're absolutely wrong about the 1950x winning by "stiff margains".

Spinning off of your 1950x / 7900x matching, the Threadripper is great for what it is.  An affordable option to the Intel HEDT line, but that's really all it is. 

In tasks the take full advantage of all cores efficiently, my 1950x will generally beat out my 7900x.  In anything that falls short of 100% utilization, the 7900x wins. 

In any task that efficiently utilizes AVX2, the 7900x beats the snot out of the 1950x regardless of how many cores are used.  

In any task specifically single-threaded as mentioned by @DocSwag, the 7900x is considerably faster.

Long story short, this means that the 7900x wins most of the times.  

This is not to say that the 7900x is better, but that it's a more rounded chip for many things.  If you know for a fact that you will only be doing specific workload like Blender or the like, then sure, buy a 1950x.   Workloads that use all cores efficiently are what I use the 1950x for. 

Other than that, the 7900x is a better overall chip.  This is why most content creators on YouTube use the 7900x through 7980xe chips.  They have used both themselves and know which they prefer.  

For anyone looking for value, 1950x is a no-brainer.  

2 hours ago, Ddarlington36 said:

They may buy one to SOMETIMES game. Content creators game too.

2 hours ago, Ddarlington36 said:

Not true at all.

From here https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-vs-Threadripper-1012/

Spoiler

pic_disp.php?id=43229&width=800&height=8pic_disp.php?id=43230&width=800&height=8

From here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-cpu,5167-9.html

Spoiler

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

As you can see, there are quite of professional workloads/apps that definitely favor the 7900x. You seem to think that more multi threaded performance is always better for professional, which is just untrue. The 8700k is not universally the best gaming CPU, it's only MOSTLY the best gaming CPU. Same situation with professional stuff. Some stuff likes threadripper but other stuff likes the 7900x.

Am I saying you should not get a 1950x? Of course not. It's just that it is most definitely situational. Sometimes the 1950x is a better choice. Other times it's the 7900x.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb