Dead inside

Possum

I just ordered my brand new gaming rig.

What is going to become my beautiful little new mini-itx, 8700K, 1080ti gaming rig.

And I now feel empty. Dead inside.

Why? Was it because it was a want it but not needed purchase? Or because it was something you shouldn't have bought?

You should be excited for a new rig. :)

If you feel like you shouldn't have bought the parts you can always return them. So don't worry about it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

25 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Why? Was it because it was a want it but not needed purchase? Or because it was something you shouldn't have bought?

You should be excited for a new rig. :)

If you feel like you shouldn't have bought the parts you can always return them. So don't worry about it.

Buyer's remorse probably.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Nonono, I'm giddy with excitement, for building it.

But what am I going to spend hours upon hours of researching now? Looking at components and making build lists. Pondering about what to buy, when to buy.

My life has no purpose anymore. You know, apart from actually using the damn thing and playing games :D 

I'm gonna have to buy a boat or something...

Just now, Possum said:

But what am I going to spend hours upon hours of researching now?

Safely overclocking so you can squeeze every bit of performance you can get out of it, how to undermine and collapse the cryptomining industry so gamers can game, how to turn cucumbers into a viable housing option, why carrots count as vegetables, the ideas are endless.

I personally like the idea of bringing about the collapse of cryptocurrency.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

4 minutes ago, Possum said:

But what am I going to spend hours upon hours of researching now? Looking at components and making build lists. Pondering about what to buy, when to buy.

My life has no purpose anymore. You know, apart from actually using the damn thing and playing games :D 

custom watercooling?

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

custom watercooling?

That sounds dangerous. Isn't it cheaper and less addictive to just start using heroin?

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Safely overclocking so you can squeeze every bit of performance you can get out of it, how to undermine and collapse the cryptomining industry so gamers can game, how to turn cucumbers into a viable housing option, why carrots count as vegetables, the ideas are endless.

I personally like the idea of bringing about the collapse of cryptocurrency.

Can I wait until I'm in the green before doing that? After that, I'm in!

14 minutes ago, Possum said:

Keep making research and always knows the best currently and then start helping other people in here? [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Possum said:

That sounds dangerous. Isn't it cheaper and less addictive to just start using heroin?

Magic The Gathering. Good hobby, no money left to spend on drugs. Your parents will be so proud :)

6 minutes ago, Possum said:

Can I wait until I'm in the green before doing that? After that, I'm in!

Just make sure it can't be traced back to either of us, you'll be good.

26 minutes ago, Possum said:

or build a boat, that would be a cool project :)

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

36 minutes ago, Possum said:

Well.. I was going to say I could take it from you if it would help ...until i read this part ;)

If you still have any leftover cash after building this maybe take on another build project.  Build an Unraid box, or ESXI host and screw around with VMs or some home server of some sort.

55 minutes ago, Possum said:

yes and yes, tough the sweet, sweet builds you can make with open-loop cooling are well worth it :D

1 hour ago, Possum said:

It probably is. But it probably gives more satisfaction as well! Other than being more healthy for you (not your wallet but hey).

@Crunchy Dragon, @Princess Cadence just realised that you are different persons. Because of the kinda similar avatar I always thought you were the same one :P

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

mine on the PC

make the blockchain harder to mine, and stop the miners by mining, and profiting on the side

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Eibe said:

It probably is. But it probably gives more satisfaction as well! Other than being more healthy for you (not your wallet but hey).

@Crunchy Dragon, @Princess Cadence just realised that you are different persons. Because of the kinda similar avatar I always thought you were the same one :P

one is fluttershy and one is princess cadence reee

huge difference i think

i remember cadence because she had a really ugly profile picture one day and i bothered her about it and she changed it

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

mine on the PC

make the blockchain harder to mine, and stop the miners by mining, and profiting on the side

But that would contribute to GPU shortage. If you wanna stop the miners and profit without contributing to the lack of GPUs, buy ASICs, not PCs.

Unraid Server

Just now, Eibe said:

But that would contribute to GPU shortage. If you wanna stop the miners and profit without contributing to the lack of GPUs, buy ASICs, not PCs.

but he bought the pc for gaming, mining is secondary :)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Magic The Gathering. Good hobby, no money left to spend on drugs. Your parents will be so proud :)

agree

D&D is a nice choice too.

i will try magic the gathering this summer tho. my cousin plays it so i can invite him to my dnd group for magic the gathering.

Just now, Ethocreeper said:

agree

i will try magic the gathering this summer tho. my cousin plays it so i can invite him to my dnd group for magic the gathering.

I've not played MTG yet, but I do enjoy D&D quite a bit(haven't played that in a while either haha)

6 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

agree

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've not played MTG yet, but I do enjoy D&D quite a bit(haven't played that in a while either haha)

I missed out on D&D... Cannot find anyone that plays it anymore :(

Unraid Server

1 hour ago, Possum said:

You could start learning about general massive career-based topics. Networking, server management, control systems, etc.

3 hours ago, Possum said:

I just ordered my brand new gaming rig.

What is going to become my beautiful little new mini-itx, 8700K, 1080ti gaming rig.

And I now feel empty. Dead inside.

What is your question?

This is more status update material.

1 hour ago, Eibe said:

I missed out on D&D... Cannot find anyone that plays it anymore :(

You could probably find someone with some looking. I got into it from a relative of mine.

4 hours ago, Possum said:

And dont matter that you bought. You still will spend hours researching and making build lists. My thing is, once your done with the build, you start planing the next build. Such as what new things you want to accomplish that you didnt get to accomplish on the current one. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.