5 Gadgets to help you Wake-Up

Buy Clocky on Amazon: http://geni.us/SxwxX
Buy Ruggie on Amazon: http://geni.us/BFALF
Buy Pavlok on Amazon:  http://geni.us/Lm35x
Buy Wake Up Light on Amazon: http://geni.us/GJqMi
Buy Rube Goldberg Machine on Amazon: http://geni.us/WRKYXfR  

Looking for a little assistance to help you wake up in the morning? Here's 5 gadgets designed to do the job...with varying degrees of success.

670e9a7efb555294fa13bc05eb4b1ad0--milita

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I hear B.O.B. is a good tool to wake yourself in the morning, at least that's what my wife says. I prefer the sound of meat and veggies hitting a hot skillet in the morning or the loud beep from a slow cooker indicating that the overnight hash or oatmeal is ready to devour.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I like philips hue wake up function. Works good.

1 hour ago, Sacredsock said:

As I said on the vid, Linus has 3 small children, they have no known snooze (or volume) button

That's why Linus got his balls detached.

On-topic: was checking if this topic already excisted or not. (I would have started my own hate topic if I couldn't find this one)

Haven't lurked LTT vids for a long time. And I instantly regret lurking this one. It's just BAD, and in my opinion, it's just a big long boring add with other useless CRAP.

First off: 0:24 timestamp: it's 2017... Suuuuure, posted on january 3rd, 2018.

Secondly, that antenna @ 7:09... It's called "muscles", and they can be used to rip stuff out/off. For the LTT crew, they created scissors.

Lot's of extra hate, but well, why spend that much time on this kind of crap.

TLDR: what do you guys use to wake up?

I myself use an really old MP3 player on my pc, which is called "ultraplayer". It used to be free. Project got abandoned, and the sourcecode has been in the public domain for several years as freeware. I currently can't find it anymoar as a download, so here it is: (should be 100% fine and all that kind of stuff considering the history) Ultraplayer.zip

You can just put in any mp3 file, and set the alarm. Interval of 5 minutes. You can make it increase volume over time and/or automaticaly decrease volume over an X amount of minutes.

I myself like to use this song:

Volume set to high, also on my speakers. PC in my living room, with main speakers. Secondary speakers in my bedroom. I really need to get out of bed when my alarm goes off, lots of crappy noise in my home/on the street.

Added to all of this, I have my cheap thriftshop coffee machine hooked up to a timer. So when I get out of bed, I already have the smell of fresh coffee in my home.

Way better, way cheaper, no money grabbing add and can be customized. All from the year 1999.

I guess the normies dont get a forum post for techquickie videos...

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

How about having vents in your room that will submerge it (your entire room) in water up to the ceiling before draining out? I've heard near-death moments are quite good at making people feel alive.

A bed that launches you into the air might do the trick. Or a nuclear alarm clock, perhaps?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I think we just need Linus's shirt from the video on the LTT store to keep us up as 'Sleep Is For Pussies' is no longer available on teespring [sad face]

A friend of mine uses a smartphone app that forces her to scan a QR code taped up in her bathroom to turn off the alarm.  A bit too hardcore for me, though!  ?

5 Gadgets to help you Wake-Up

No hyphen when used as a verb phrase.  ("The hotel's wake-up call helped me to wake up.")  Also, that random capitalization, but maybe that's intentional.  

9 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

A bed that launches you into the air might do the trick. ....

colin furze made that.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Yes, this was deffinitelly best episode ever :)

From where you have such stupid and briliant ideas? :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, Almostbauws said:

I like philips hue wake up function. Works good.

The Phillips HF35XX looks quite interesting. Does anybody else have any experience with it (or the knockoff versions)? If it works, the $150 might well be worth it. It seems that Phillips has put quite some work into it, but it still sounds like quite a long shot for it to actually get me out of my bed...

9 hours ago, Freeman said:

The Phillips HF35XX looks quite interesting. Does anybody else have any experience with it (or the knockoff versions)? If it works, the $150 might well be worth it. It seems that Phillips has put quite some work into it, but it still sounds like quite a long shot for it to actually get me out of my bed...

Yeah i have no experience with that. I just have philips hue smart lights i  the ceiling and have them set to turn on in the morning.

10 hours ago, Almostbauws said:

Yeah i have no experience with that. I just have philips hue smart lights i  the ceiling and have them set to turn on in the morning.

Hm, now thinking about it, that shouldn't be too hard to do with any light. I can already regulate the amps so that I can have dim light for reading, automating it could be pretty doable, gr8 idea, thanks.

27 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Hm, now thinking about it, that shouldn't be too hard to do with any light. I can already regulate the amps so that I can have dim light for reading, automating it could be pretty doable, gr8 idea, thanks.

Just a tip, i have them turn on in half an hour gradually starting from dim and turning on. I think it helps the body wake up better

14 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

Just a tip, i have them turn on in half an hour gradually starting from dim and turning on. I think it helps the body wake up better

I wonder how important is the growth curve for the amps and the warmth of the light. On their website, they claim to have but a lot of R&D time into tweaking everything just right, makes me wonder, if it is the case or if it's just marketing.