suggestions on how to bring performance up without much price change?

basically i am fighting a €800-€850 prebuilt, rebated to €750, on a €650 budget with only new parts. this isnt going amazingly i cant say, mainly because RAM is so crazy expensive, all the cheap stuff is sold out because of sales and there are no B or H series 8th gen motherboards yet. this is what i have right now:

CPU: I3 8100

GPU: GTX 1050TI(cheapest one)

RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz(cheapest 8GB of RAM)

Storage: 256GB SSD(cheapest 256GB SSD)

PSU: CX450

Mobo: cheapest z370 board

Case: Bitfenix Nova

26 sek left of the budget ~€2.5()

im up against:

CPU: I5 7400
GPU: 1050TI
RAM: 8GB 2400MHz

Storage: 256GB SSD

PSU: unknown

Mobo: B250 unknown

Case: some gamer looking crapfest

+ probably a quieter than Intel stock cooler cooler

few things that make this hard:

only new parts

only from Sweden(looked at newegg and import fees got crazy)

preferably light-ish and decently compact because it has to move once a week

with a used parts systme he could be maxing out games at 1440p no problem, id just slap a GTX 980TI at it really and on a platform that takes DDR3 which i can get semi cheaply off the used market as well, but nope only new parts. This build is going to be used for almost exclusively playing CS:GO and web browsing stuff so strong cores > more cores. Id really like to cut the PSU cost, its €50 for that CX unit, but idk what to get thats lower cost than that and wont explode lol

thanks for any help with this, im at a bit of a loss really :| 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

What about buying a used pre-built and then slapping a better GPU in if need be?

Just now, Matu20 said:

What about buying a used pre-built and then slapping a better GPU in if need be?

nothing used. only new stuff. absolutely nothing used.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

nothing used. only new stuff. absolutely nothing used.

Then I feel for you, you're missing out on some great price to perf.

But I would go with AMD in that case, 1600 is great.

21 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Then I feel for you, you're missing out on some great price to perf.

But I would go with AMD in that case, 1600 is great.

The 1600 looses hard in CS:GO, how much did you read beyond the title? 

*edit*

And its double the price of the I3, so while the motherboard is half the cost it's still more expensive in the end

Builds:

Spoiler

Wouldn't a Ryzen 1200 + A320 + 1060 3GB perform better in CS? I don't think the 1200 would bottleneck at a lower point than the 1060. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

Wouldn't a Ryzen 1200 + A320 + 1060 3GB perform better in CS? I don't think the 1200 would bottleneck at a lower point than the 1060. 

CS:GO loves CPU, not GPU.

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

And its double the price of the I3, so while the motherboard is half the cost it's still more expensive in the end

But you get 3x the core and 6x the threads, I guess you could wait for Zen+

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

no this cant wait. this is going to be built as soon as i get back home, around the 5th of January. and CS:GO runs better on an I5 3750K than an R6 1600, and the 1600 dosent fit the budget even remotely to begin with

Builds:

Spoiler

@Bananasplit_00, Too bad you can't wait for the new Intel 3xx chipset motherboards.

1 hour ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

i3-8100 has 4 cores. It has pretty good gaming performance. As good as or better than Ryzen 3 in highly multithreaded applications. Much better in games. Not surprising really since it is essentially a slightly faster i5-7400.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

@Bananasplit_00, Too bad you can't wait for the new Intel 3xx chipset motherboards.

i3-8100 has 4 cores. It has pretty good gaming performance. As good as or better than Ryzen 3 in highly multithreaded applications. Much better in games. Not surprising really since it is essentially a slightly faster i5-7400.

it is actually a typo, you know how easy people could wrong press 2 or 3

the higher IPC is what makes it shine in games (i3)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

25 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

the higher IPC is what makes it shine in games (i3)

the stronger IPS, not IPC. it has both clocks and IPC on the Ryzen chips.

29 minutes ago, brob said:

i know, made me cry because i thought they were out but nope... not yet :( at least the dude gets a great upgrade path all the way up to an I7 8700K i guess

31 minutes ago, brob said:

Not surprising really since it is essentially a slightly faster i5-7400.

yah which is basically the only part where my build is any faster lol

in the end, i cut the PSU, got a nicer case and sent the offer detailing what upgrades i could do and for how much if they were interested in spending a little more

Builds:

Spoiler