Can I stream on twich in 720p 60fps with this internet speed???

Jaok

If streaming relied on Download Speed, you'd be fine, but unfortunately, it involve you uploading the video stream to a server... hence the need for a fast Upload speed. Like the others have said, at 0.62Mbps, you ain't gonna be streaming anything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Unfortunately no, you wouldn't cut it. Twitch states 3500Kbp/s is the minimum recommended for 720p60, and 2500Kbp/s for 720p30.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Online games must suck with that upload. You need atleast 2mb up to stream anything worth of watching. 5mb up is minimum for 720p and still could end up looking bad and not worth it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

720p would not be a great viewing experience with that speed.

I have streamed with .5 Mbps but at 360p and 2 pass encoding with NVENC.

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Online games must suck with that upload. You need atleast 2mb up to stream anything worth of watching. 5mb up is minimum for 720p and still could end up looking bad and not worth it.

Surprisingly they don't. I never experience lag in online games tbh (maybe once a month or so for few seconds). I don't know why but I don't care :)

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

9 hours ago, Paul Vreeland said:

720p would not be a great viewing experience with that speed.

I have streamed with .5 Mbps but at 360p and 2 pass encoding with NVENC.

15 hours ago, Suika said:

Unfortunately no, you wouldn't cut it. Twitch states 3500Kbp/s is the minimum recommended for 720p60, and 2500Kbp/s for 720p30.

15 hours ago, TetraSky said:

If streaming relied on Download Speed, you'd be fine, but unfortunately, it involve you uploading the video stream to a server... hence the need for a fast Upload speed. Like the others have said, at 0.62Mbps, you ain't gonna be streaming anything.

15 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, theoretically you could. It'd just look like garbage at the bitrate.

Also one last question, will getting a new router like and a better internet  help?

10 minutes ago, Jok1234 said:

Also one last question, will getting a new router like and a better internet  help?

Router is just a box that divides your connection for multiple devices and wireless. It wont improve in/outbound speeds a bit. You need to upgrade whole connection package, or at least upgrade portition.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Router is just a box that divides your connection for multiple devices and wireless. It wont improve in/outbound speeds a bit. You need to upgrade whole connection package, or at least upgrade portition.

I sadly cannot do that because I'm connected to the internet via ADSL :(

Still thank you for answering my questions :)

24 minutes ago, Jok1234 said:

I sadly cannot do that because I'm connected to the internet via ADSL :(

Still thank you for answering my questions :)

You mean your operator doesn't have plans which would provide higher upload? With some reading, you could get 2mbs upload which is just enough to do some test streaming at least.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It is common for ADSL and ADSL2/+ lines to have less than 1 Mbit upload speed.  The old copper phone lines have a small range of frequencies/tones they use to carry data, for simplicity, say 1-100 for total bandwidth.

Since 99% of folks are consuming data only instead of producing, they allocate the system to use say tones 1-96 for downloading and 97-100 for uploading.  This is just a limitation of ADSL/2/+

VDSL has much higher potential speeds, but is available pretty much only in metropolis sized cities.

Changing providers is your only hope of streaming 720p.  With the current trend in ISPs (only 1-2 per city), you are pretty much stuck.  This is also why network neutrality is such a hot topic, but that is a separate conversation.

In other news, last week SpaceX launched 10 low orbit satellites to provide the world with low latency satellite internet.  The current problem with satellite internet is the providers are using satellite nodes 25,000 miles up in high orbit.

On 30. 12. 2017 at 8:19 PM, Paul Vreeland said:

It is common for ADSL and ADSL2/+ lines to have less than 1 Mbit upload speed.  The old copper phone lines have a small range of frequencies/tones they use to carry data, for simplicity, say 1-100 for total bandwidth.

Since 99% of folks are consuming data only instead of producing, they allocate the system to use say tones 1-96 for downloading and 97-100 for uploading.  This is just a limitation of ADSL/2/+

VDSL has much higher potential speeds, but is available pretty much only in metropolis sized cities.

Changing providers is your only hope of streaming 720p.  With the current trend in ISPs (only 1-2 per city), you are pretty much stuck.  This is also why network neutrality is such a hot topic, but that is a separate conversation.

In other news, last week SpaceX launched 10 low orbit satellites to provide the world with low latency satellite internet.  The current problem with satellite internet is the providers are using satellite nodes 25,000 miles up in high orbit.

The problem is that I don't live in a city, I live on the countryside where ONLY chopper phone lines are avalible...