Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Announcing new combined topic for F@H. Official LTT F@H FAQ & Guide.

Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

• 2 weeks later...

broke top 1000 World wide ... another 2-3 month for top 300 / and until end of year in top 100 :) .. woo hoo :)

Has any one else had there GPUs just get knocked out of f@h? i have a 2060ko and a 1060 i up dated to the newest driver and the other night went to bed woke up to my tower not responding restarted the tower and my gpus were gone. they fine for everythin else i just got my 2060ko to start folding again tonight but wont read my 1060 at all.

31 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

How can I set this to only use my GPU?  My CPU is basically useless for folding, but is still turning my office into a sauna.

were you see the add and remove just hilite your cpu and then remove it 

Sorry, a couple other questions:

1. Does it hurt anything to pause the folding?  I do need to use my computer occasionally, but I've been trying to schedule it only when the WU are completed.
  2. Are the WU's different length?  It seems like they're getting longer each time.  My first two were both under 2 hours long, and they've been getting longer.  The two I'm doing right now are both over 6 hours.  I'm not sure if my hardware is wearing down.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Sorry, a couple other questions:

1. Does it hurt anything to pause the folding?  I do need to use my computer occasionally, but I've been trying to schedule it only when the WU are completed.
  2. Are the WU's different length?  It seems like they're getting longer each time.  My first two were both under 2 hours long, and they've been getting longer.  The two I'm doing right now are both over 6 hours.  I'm not sure if my hardware is wearing down.

i never had a problem pausing it then to go gaming and such you can also idle it too 

Finally joined up and installed. Has anyone tried the Dreamlab folding on iOS...any effect long term on battery you think?

I know how to see the jobs currently being done, but is there any way to see jobs you might have already completed and what the research was?

• 5 months later...
On 1/8/2013 at 3:11 PM, Whaler_99 said:
Dodge said:

Yep - we popped up on there last night after breaking 6000 rank. :)

looking back at this... at LTT @ 3rd place.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

Spoiler

laptop: macbook air 13.3”

Spoiler

RAM: 4GB 1333MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5 2557M

SSD: 128GB

desktop: operation badger

Spoiler

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

Temps: CPU idle 45C, load 78C, top 85C. GPU idle 50C, load ~77C.

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've published a pdf guide to install the FAHClient on Ubuntu or Mint 20.

Many changes from earlier versions, includes:

fixing Python and GTK dependencies.

OpenCL install 

Updating Nvidia drivers

patching FAHClient (simple, one line of code)

web client access, etc.  

https://fahtech.com/data/UbuntuFAHinstall-v1d.pdf

===================

NOTE: this is not an advertisement or SPAM link

There are NO ads or trackers on the site, except Wordpress JetPack tracking that manages some security.

Well, I am late to this party. Been doing Folding@HOME since it was on PS3, but just found this time. 

I'm onboard now!

• 3 weeks later...

-= Topic locked =-

Please Read Below

This topic will be combined and updated with several other F@H topics.

This effort is being done in order to centralize and tidy the Subforum a bit.

Disclaimer: This will be a work overtime for me ( @SansVarnic) to fully update this topic with current information, but I am combining the following topics so don't be surprised if some information is still old.

• "Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518" by @Whaler_99
  • "GPU Folding Facts and Fiction - Configuration and Settings" by @Whaler_99
  • "For Folding Users - Tips, Tricks and FAQ - Updated July 2016" by @Whaler_99
  • "F@H Web Client Dark Skin with PPD comparison by GPU / WU" by @LAR_Systems

Topics Originally posted by @Whaler_99in 2013. Thank you 🙂  we miss seeing you around.

Reorganized and updated by @SansVarnic April 17th, 2021

To recognize the larger contributors (that I am aware of over the years) to this information are as follows:

If I missed someone, I apologize.

@Whaler_99

@leadeater

@Whiskers

@Spotty

@Xsilent(X)

@Ithanul

@Ryan_Vickers 

@iamdarkyoshi

COMMUNITY STANDARDS     |     TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES     |     FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |     F@H & BOINC Badge Request     |    F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER