Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Are there any EU Pools that supports CPU mining straight from the LTC Wallet? I can't connect to any of the pools I've registered with. I'm new to this so I can't see what the problem is... 

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

i've just configured my solidworks render server to fold while its idling. 

2x XEON E5345 Quad Core, running ESXI, windows server 2012, 8 cores.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Are there any EU Pools that supports CPU mining straight from the LTC Wallet? I can't connect to any of the pools I've registered with. I'm new to this so I can't see what the problem is... 

This thread is for folding, not mining. Have you tried hypernova.pw they are a new pool with a server in Paris and a PPS reward system. Also, CPU mining is pretty much pointless compared to GPU.

"An Excellent Signature"

Welcome to the team looney!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Just Joined I hope my GTX670 Helps  :)

Welcome to the gang! And yes, a 670 can help very nicely!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I seem to be getting 10K PPD, is that oke?

EDIT: o0 now it says 20K PPD :)

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

been doing this for a few weeks and hadn't noticed it had been set up at all for a team from this forum... just joined!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Assuming that someone here knows what folding is can I ask what is folding? lol

PC Spec/ Peripherals: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (OC @ 3.8GHz) - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Heatsink - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 Motherboard - G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB 240-Pin - Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7950 3GB - Western Digital 1TB HDD (Caviar Black) - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CoolerMaster Storm Scout Case - Razer Naga Gaming mouse - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard

Seems about right. Those older Xeon aren't the greatest, but 20K is pretty good. Issue is, running on server 2012. :) You should follow the guideline over at [H]ard on install and runnin ubuntu - will probably net more PPD.

been doing this for a few weeks and hadn't noticed it had been set up at all for a team from this forum... just joined!

Welcome to the group!

Assuming that someone here knows what folding is can I ask what is folding? lol

Soulds like you are trolling. If not, feel free to read the stickies. A distributed computing project working to help cancer research.

Seems about right. Those older Xeon aren't the greatest, but 20K is pretty good. Issue is, running on server 2012. :) You should follow the guideline over at [H]ard on install and runnin ubuntu - will probably net more PPD.

alright will do, running ESXi anyway so no problem.

We see you coming up behind us! We will not be beaten!

Well. actually, of course you will overtake so technically we will be beaten but we defy you anyway! :p

(Seeing as how you guys are new at this, I will explain. It is customary for overtakers to post messages on the overtakee's forum humourously insulting and generally announcing the impending stomp. I realise you guys are overtaking many people very often so I have been forced to come here and defy you first.)

Defiantly,

Halo Jones, The Genome Collective.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?un=HaloJones&t=131

http://www.thegenomecollective.com

We see you coming up behind us! We will not be beaten!

Well. actually, of course you will overtake so technically we will be beaten but we defy you anyway! :P

(Seeing as how you guys are new at this, I will explain. It is customary for overtakers to post messages on the overtakee's forum humourously insulting and generally announcing the impending stomp. I realise you guys are overtaking many people very often so I have been forced to come here and defy you first.)

Defiantly,

Halo Jones, The Genome Collective.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?un=HaloJones&t=131

http://www.thegenomecollective.com

To funny! Thanks for that, and yes, been a bit to busy to pop onto all the different forums and announce. :)

just joined the team im folding from yesterday.. lets go guys for a better world  :)

Whaler_99, on 04 Jun 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

I think Ill be upgrading to a DL160G6 soon, 2X XEON L5520, they have a lower TDP then the ones i have now.

What kind of PPD do you think I can expect from those?

I think Ill be upgrading to a DL160G6 soon, 2X XEON L5520, they have a lower TDP then the ones i have now.

What kind of PPD do you think I can expect from those?

I would guesstimate about 25k or so... and you cannot do bigadv projects on those either. The Xeon chips do not perform at the level of a comparable AMD chip and I have found the older ones even less so. I have ML350G6 with dual Xeon whatever, mid range, and could only net about 12k PPD. Problem is, HP power supplies are horribly inefficient back then, so was also burning a lot of power. The new G8's though, they are pretty nice. :)

I would guesstimate about 25k or so... and you cannot do bigadv projects on those either. The Xeon chips do not perform at the level of a comparable AMD chip and I have found the older ones even less so. I have ML350G6 with dual Xeon whatever, mid range, and could only net about 12k PPD. Problem is, HP power supplies are horribly inefficient back then, so was also burning a lot of power. The new G8's though, they are pretty nice. :)

G8 are nice, but to expensive for me lol :p

Upgrade to the DL160G6 is a go, ill have it Friday or Monday. €350, DL160G6, 2x XEON L5520, 32GB RAM (max for ESXi free) and a 160GB 7200 sata drive.

And i can sell my DL140G3 for roughly €250, so its a nice cheap upgrade.

Upgrade to the DL160G6 is a go, ill have it Friday or Monday. €350, DL160G6, 2x XEON L5520, 32GB RAM (max for ESXi free) and a 160GB 7200 sata drive.

And i can sell my DL140G3 for roughly €250, so its a nice cheap upgrade.

Very nice upgrade. :)  Be interesting to see what PPD you get from the system.

just joined the team im folding from yesterday.. lets go guys for a better world  :)

Welcome to the club!

Just joined the team today (Daco), Trying to troubleshoot issues with my GTX 680 folding though :/

Just joined the team today (Daco), Trying to troubleshoot issues with my GTX 680 folding though :/

Welcome to the club. Post up what your issues seem to be and hopefully can assist....