Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

thanks for the help guys,i just changed the team number to 223518 will the current WU that i'm working on go to my old team or will they show up on this team as soon as they upload ? 

Will most likely go to old team and then new WU's will get credited to LTT.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

joined yesterday, finished first WU 2 min ago. This is so exciting and I have never been more enthralled watching a loading bar.

Welcome to the team! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

joined yesterday, finished first WU 2 min ago. This is so exciting and I have never been more enthralled watching a loading bar.

welcome to the world of folding!

next stop is wanting more and more loading bars and then another pc with even more loading bars. folding is like a drug  :ph34r:

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Just joined! 2600K @ 4.5 and 560Ti Hawk! Lets see how I do :D

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9550, Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB DDR4, FHD Display, GTX 960M, 256GB Toshiba NVMe SSD, 480GB Kingston V400 SSD

Desktop: CPU: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5GHZ  GPU:  Zotac GTX1070 AMP! MB: Asus Z170-E  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz 2x8GB  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 SSD: 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe  HDD: 3x1.5TB Western Digital Green (Raid 5)  PSU: Corsair HX850W  Case: Fractal Define S  Keyboard: Logitech G710+  Mouse: Logitech G700

just joined the team.  3570k Overclocked and gtx 660.  I have never heard of this before today and i think it is awesome!

RIghto, All joined up fellas :) I'll be able to leave my rig running while I'm at class each day and when I'm not gaming on it. I'm only running gpu mining on a 7870 so I'm not to certain how much of a benefit I'll be able to really make but I hope it helps you guys out :)

Is the folding team for the benefit of Linus in any way? I think it would be awesome to see the community helping him out 

GPU mining, or GPU folding? :)

Folding does not benefit Linus at all - the benefit is to the research community itself.

Just joined! 2600K @ 4.5 and 560Ti Hawk! Lets see how I do :D

Welcome to the Fold! :)

just joined the team.  3570k Overclocked and gtx 660.  I have never heard of this before today and i think it is awesome!

It is a bug that grabs us all! :)   Welcome!

GPU Folding I believe, I heard that AMD GPU's were pretty efficient at it.

In the Beta AMD were doing a bit better the NVidia, but once the Beta is complete, it looks like AMD and NVidia will be pretty close, especially depending on what WU you get.

#jOINED

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

#jOINED

Welcomes!!

Welcomes!!

I've noticed that the number of active CPU's that our team has is dropping, I think I saw it at around 1,100 a while ago and now it's dropped to 795

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I've noticed that the number of active CPU's that our team has is dropping, I think I saw it at around 1,100 a while ago and now it's dropped to 795

Its summer, im not gonna fold when my room is already at 30C, wayyy too much heat!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Its summer, im not gonna fold when my room is already at 30C, wayyy too much heat!

Good point *shit why didn't I realise that* right now I'm only CPU folding because I don't like where the GPU is right now *Mmm liquid cooling a GT 630* nah screw that lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Point that ac towards the intake fans :P that's what I do :D

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I dont have an ac, if i did, i'd fold i dont care, im fearless!

And then the die/s bursts into flames lol

I always have my ac on now, my computer gets about 10c better temp wise when it is on, truth is that while folding I never break 60c on my gpu and 65c on my cpu, but the ac helps with my computer being a heater while folding :D

I am slightly worried though, folding is a bit addicting... 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I am slightly worried though, folding is a bit addicting... 

Yea agreed, I wish I had a job so I could get a few more units up and running and try and claw in the gap between me and Whaler though that would take some effort lol

Yea agreed, I wish I had a job so I could get a few more units up and running and try and claw in the gap between me and Whaler though that would take some effort lol

Good thing your not on my other team. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051

Imagine trying to close the gap on these 2 people doing 1M+ ppd. This makes whaler farm look tame.  :blink:

Well to be fair, one of these 2 (EXT64) is a beta tester for F@H. So him running on a wide range of hardware does really help out everyone in the long run.  B)

The other one is one of the ancient folders (from 2006) and he's driving to be #1 again in total points for the team. (he took a break for a while so he did get shoved off the spot.) But now he's back and he came swinging hard. 

Of course, there are other guys out there that make these two farm's look tame. 

Infact there is 1 guy on MacOS X team that really make most teams looks small. Just him alone output more PPD than both the LinusTechTips team (2.2M PPD) and Tom's Hardware team (4.1M PPD) for a combined 6.3M PPD.

His output is........... *add's spoiler to make it a bit more dramatic*

[spoiler=]

7.2M ppd on that team.  :wacko:

And i'm not sure if that's his true limit as he been folding for other Apple related team. So he could be closer to 8M ppd.  :blink:    :o

To bad this will be temporary . http://www.teammacosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3413

He's currently helping out the F@H progect big time with all this power.  :lol:

Good thing your not on my other team. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051

Imagine trying to close the gap on these 2 people doing 1M+ ppd. This makes whaler farm look tame.  :blink:

Well to be fair, one of these 2 (EXT64) is a beta tester for F@H. So him running on a wide range of hardware does really help out everyone in the long run.  B)

The other one is one of the ancient folders (from 2006) and he's driving to be #1 again in total points for the team. (he took a break for a while so he did get shoved off the spot.) But now he's back and he came swinging hard. 

Of course, there are other guys out there that make these two farm's look tame. 

Infact there is 1 guy on MacOS X team that really make most teams looks small. Just him alone output more PPD than both the LinusTechTips team (2.2M PPD) and Tom's Hardware team (4.1M PPD) for a combined 6.3M PPD.

His output is........... *add's spoiler to make it a bit more dramatic*

7.2M ppd on that team.  :wacko:

And i'm not sure if that's his true limit as he been folding for other Apple related team. So he could be closer to 8M ppd.  :blink:    :o

To bad this will be temporary . http://www.teammacosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3413

He's currently helping out the F@H progect big time with all this power.  :lol:

That is insane lol

I wonder what machines he has pulling in that and also the power comsumption.

That is insane lol

I wonder what machines he has pulling in that and also the power comsumption.

from that link,

Half the hardware I have access to is Mid 2010 Mac Pros 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeons.

The other half are Early 2009 Quad Cores.

Almost 400 boxes that are not always in use - unless I use them.

I am hoping to deploy some of those new Mac Pros this fall. The speed, the Thunderbolts are going to be necessary for resources needed.
Just don't think I'll see more than a dozen for a few years.

If you look at the [H]ard team, a few of the guys on there push more then a million PPD and a couple break 5 million. For me, I could eventually get the systems, that isn't the problem, to easily do a couple million PPD. Would be how to pay the power and exhaust the heat. If I had some place at work where I could stash them all, but unfortunately not.

Eventually I will probably update my 24 core to a 48 core unit, upgrade some of the GPU's in my GPU folder, that should get me to 1.5 or so... I be happy for that. Then sit back and wait for others to beat me :D

Eventually I will probably update my 24 core to a 48 core unit, upgrade some of the GPU's in my GPU folder, that should get me to 1.5 or so... I be happy for that. Then sit back and wait for others to beat me :D

LIKE ME WITH MY LITTLE CORE i3, I'M COMING FOR YOU WHALER :P (CPU has a panic attack).

So I decided to join the folding team...

I have an i7 3770k and a 680, setting everything to Full and I'm trying to wake up a 6AM.