Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

So I decided to join the folding team...

I have an i7 3770k and a 680, setting everything to Full and I'm trying to wake up a 6AM.

sleep is irrelevant when there's folding to be done! :)

Welcome to the team.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

So I decided to join the folding team...

I have an i7 3770k and a 680, setting everything to Full and I'm trying to wake up a 6AM.

Welcome to the gang! That system should put out some nice numbers...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

LIKE ME WITH MY LITTLE CORE i3, I'M COMING FOR YOU WHALER :P (CPU has a panic attack).

Bring it on!! :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

LIKE ME WITH MY LITTLE CORE i3, I'M COMING FOR YOU WHALER :P (CPU has a panic attack).

What you do? Over clock it to 88GHz and it needs 1.21 Gigawatts to run? XD

Could work :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

sleep is irrelevant when there's folding to be done! :)

Welcome to the team.

Welcome to the gang! That system should put out some nice numbers...

Thanks guys, also, I find that my 680's fan doesn't really kick up much, but it makes some terrible coil wind. I'm using the MSI TwinFrozr version.

PPD: ~29000 using just my 680.

Why do I have a feeling that that won't work...

Ya, some cards when at load are susceptible to coil whine. Also, read the FAQ, and the client-type advanced flag for more potential PPD when you get a core 17

Hi just to let you know I have just joined the team and just waiting for my CPU to start processing Evan though my gpu is already working on one !

Hi just to let you know I have just joined the team and just waiting for my CPU to start processing Evan though my gpu is already working on one !

Welcome to the gang!

Using 3/4 cores of my 3770k seems to be giving around 9k PPD, which is kinda suprising. I keep that always going, since I rarely use CPU power. But using all of my GPU is a pain when using Photoshop or any other CUDA/OpenCL reliant application.

Using 3/4 cores of my 3770k seems to be giving around 9k PPD, which is kinda suprising. I keep that always going, since I rarely use CPU power. But using all of my GPU is a pain when using Photoshop or any other CUDA/OpenCL reliant application.

Depending on what project you get, that can be normal. CPU folding on the IB line don't produce massive results like the higher end GPU's... My 3770 (non K) sometimes gets 8-9K, sometimes 15K - variable...

Depending on what project you get, that can be normal. CPU folding on the IB line don't produce massive results like the higher end GPU's... My 3770 (non K) sometimes gets 8-9K, sometimes 15K - variable...

Hmm, interesting. Know any ways to reduce how much GPU Folding@home uses? I'd like it to stay at around 80-90% so I can still do minor CUDA applications and try to get rid of the coil wind.

Hmm, interesting. Know any ways to reduce how much GPU Folding@home uses? I'd like it to stay at around 80-90% so I can still do minor CUDA applications and try to get rid of the coil wind.

Unfortunately for GPU it is all or nothing... a LOT of people are hopign in the next version they will bring this functionality...

Joined. :) go LTT folding!

Awesome and welcome to the team. Don't forget to review the FAQ for tips and tricks...

Just joined :D 46000ppd system running 24/7..Looking forward to help!

I joined. Got it on 100% so it can take advantage of my gpu since my CPU isn't the best

EDIT: pumped out 2637 over 9 hours and 36 minutes, every little helps right?

Just joined :D 46000ppd system running 24/7..Looking forward to help!

Welcome to the Fold! (get it?) :D

I joined. Got it on 100% so it can take advantage of my gpu since my CPU isn't the best

EDIT: pumped out 2637 over 9 hours and 36 minutes, every little helps right?

You are correct sir, and welcome. Every little bit does help!!

Congrats on 1 million! Careful... it's about then that the "bug" sets in. :D

Congrats on 1 million! Careful... it's about then that the "bug" sets in. :D

Really, my bug attacked me at 15,000

Isn't that a little early lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Really, my bug attacked me at 15,000

Isn't that a little early lol

Just an "eager beaver" :)

Just joined, Getting 42235 PPD is that good?

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985