Honors degree student thesis survey

killerspec

Hi all 

I am an honors degree student doing my thesis on passwords and password security at the Athlone institute of technology in Ireland. I am looking for people to complete a short 1 minute survey for me and thought of you lot. There is no personal details in the survey that can lead back to respondents and no account needed to complete this survey. Again it is a 1 minute survey that I am aiming for 5000 respondents so if you can find the time I would appreciate the help. 

It can be found at www.bit.ly/SurveyProject4

Kind regards 

Matthew 

aight lad wish you good luck with getting 5000 people 

completed the survey duh

oof owie blue liquid is coming out of my eyes pls help

16 minutes ago, killerspec said:

Hi all 

I am an honors degree student doing my thesis on passwords and password security at the Athlone institute of technology in Ireland. I am looking for people to complete a short 1 minute survey for me and thought of you lot. There is no personal details in the survey that can lead back to respondents and no account needed to complete this survey. Again it is a 1 minute survey that I am aiming for 5000 respondents so if you can find the time I would appreciate the help. 

It can be found at www.bit.ly/SurveyProject4

Kind regards 

Matthew 

Fellow Honours Degree person here; survey completed

Submitted ;)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

+1 - Hope it helps :)

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 2GB
Case: Some free Sharkoon case
Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB SSD | Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX750
Display(s): Acer framless 24" 1080p thing | Acer 22" 1600x900 thing
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
Mouse: R.A.T 7
Sound: HyperX Cloud II headset | Creative EAX 5.1 speakers

what would you put for education level if still in school I am still in high school ?

EDIT- I just high school qualification if that is okay

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Done

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

Does honor mean you got a 1 overall as a mark?

I am only used to marks ranging from very good = 1 to not passed = 6

Submitted

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Done. Good luck.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Completed.

I would try to put it on mturk. It will cost you money but it will help a LOT.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I don't think you've thought this one entirely through. Password choice is dictated by the program/site, not by the user.

NIST finally changed their password standards to meet what we've known for a decade. Password complexity can't depend on randomization.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/08/nist-new-password-guidelines/

https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-3/sp800-63b.html

Also, password choice has nothing to do with educational level. I work with doctors who choose just the worst passwords... oh wait, maybe there is a correlation there...

9 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Also, password choice has nothing to do with educational level. I work with doctors who choose just the worst passwords... oh wait, maybe there is a correlation there...

Higher the education, dumber the password. lol.

*edit

Completed 

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Higher the education, dumber the password. lol.

Yeah, now I'd be interested to see the results.

+1, good luck writing the rest of your thesis

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

whats a Ordinary Degree ????  i dont think USA have anything with that name.

oh and done