Working for Asus

21stcenturytech

What do Asus employers expect or look for in somebody in order to be hired manufacturing motherboards job or working in Asus team job?

What online certification or degree is necessary to work for Asus? What does the Asus company look for in a Asus employee education background wise?

from my experience you need to be a qualified asshole to work in the support at least...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'd imagine its more of a "who you know" not "what you know" type job.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

well you probably need some kind of high level degree in computer science if you want to be designing anything. You could look at getting into marketing and sales, concept development/graphic design. Depends on the area you want to get into. 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

10 minutes ago, 21stcenturytech said:

What do Asus employers expect or look for in somebody in order to be hired manufacturing motherboards job or working in Asus team job?

What online certification or degree is necessary to work for Asus? What does the Asus company look for in a Asus employee education background wise?

If you have to ask, you won't even be close to their ideal candidate. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

well, if you want to be designing motherboards you need to be pretty damn advanced in things like computer science, electrical engineering and possibly even PCB-specific courses.

to be honest, if you go to them right now and ask for a job you'd probably end up on a production line somewhere.

33 minutes ago, 21stcenturytech said:

What do Asus employers expect or look for in somebody in order to be hired manufacturing motherboards job

Asus doesn't manufacture motherboards.  Foxconn manufactures motherboards for Asus in China.

So your requirements are likely to be:

1) Live in China.

2) Be willing to work for the equivalent of $4800 USD/per year

3) Be able to hold your pee for upwards of 12hrs or be willing to wear diapers.

3) Be willing to work at a facility where it's factories and dorms (Yes, dorms, you didn't think you'd get to go HOME after work did you???) have had to install 'suicide nets' around building perimeters because the working conditions are so poor that employees keep ending their lives on site.

RTR2H049[1].jpg

56 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

RTR2H049[1].jpg

Have you seen this? It's that hair flick, the red polo top, the stylish jeans. She is the happiest prettiest girl I've seen in ages. Just an absolute delight to have her on the forums.

(Reference to Top Gear S12 E2 News).

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

unfortunately i believe ashleyashes has it correct on the job condition you be likely to be working in if you are wishing to manufacture motherboards for asus. I think more of the idea in your head would be someone like der8auer who "works for" asus with extreme overclocking and testing products before they come out. Even someone like vince aka KINGPIN for EVGA who gives input on the higher end more or less "blueprints" for a kingpin card" these guys are more or less sponsored by these companies more than they are technically employees. Any true employee that actually manufactures the products will be overseas in Asia where the working conditions and pay are much much less than they are here. Being sponsored and working higher up in the company like some of the beforementioned guys would be more about who you know a little about what you know sadly. 

Why do people always pick technical jobs of working for tech company? You could do almost anything and still be part of Asus. Sales, HR, marketing, social, cleaning etc. If you have dream company more than dream job, you should already be sending applications and looking for what you can do now for them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Why do people always pick technical jobs of working for tech company? You could do almost anything and still be part of Asus. Sales, HR, marketing, social, cleaning etc. If you have dream company more than dream job, you should already be sending applications and looking for what you can do now for them.

Dude so True, I love cars but I'm an IT person, so I got a job at VAG working for Audi/VW running their servers. Got to be around the cars and sometimes in the Workshops around some epic cars and it was awesome, but I still worked within my field. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm just baffled by how many people think so much that a specific brand is their 'friend' that they'd want to work for that company just BECAUSE it's that company and not what kind of employer they are or the career opportunities they could offer.

I mean, I get the idea of a 'dream job IN YOUR FIELD'.  I do VFX and if I could some day work at ILM, a company that INVENTED half the things I do, wow.  But only if I could work there as a VFX artist.  I wouldn't work at ILM to work in the cafeteria when I could be doing VFX elsewhere.

13 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Asus doesn't manufacture motherboards.  Foxconn manufactures motherboards for Asus in China.

Aus has their own factories. They might use Foxconn too, but they most certainly do manufacturer some if not all of their products themselves.

I think most if not all of the things you bring up still applies to Asus, but I just wanted to correct that one detail.

Kind of mind boggling that someone would willingly work as a motherboard manufacturer. It's like saying your dream is to be a slave.

Also, Asus is massive. They don't have one type of job. What they are looking for credentials wise entirely depends on what position you're looking for.

12 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, I get the idea of a 'dream job IN YOUR FIELD'.  I do VFX and if I could some day work at ILM, a company that INVENTED half the things I do, wow.  But only if I could work there as a VFX artist.  I wouldn't work at ILM to work in the cafeteria when I could be doing VFX elsewhere.

Which is why I said dream company and not dream job. I don't understand why someone would start their career just with idea of working for a company. Not even specifying what they'd want to do there. And if answer is "anything", I always respond utility services or customer support. Two sectors where least experience or education is required and which take most in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Why not work for ASRock instead?  MSI and ASUS have some of the worst customer services on the planet.  Also, you probably need a degree in electronics engineering to even be considered at first.

Asus customer service can't be as awful as Dell customer service. 

20 hours ago, 21stcenturytech said:

Like with most companies it's more about experience than qualifications. Also Asking "what do i need to work for Asus" is a rather broad topic, what department? for Public based support probably not much as you'll be reading from a script, but anything more internal might require more expierance

Is there a college in jersey that has similar courses to this school?

Capturecourses.png

32 minutes ago, 21stcenturytech said:

Capturecourses.png

I'm now guessing that you're in high school.  These would be much better questions to field to your guidance councillor.  It's literally their job to help with these kinds of things and they'll have superior regional knowledge or access to information resources.

45 minutes ago, 21stcenturytech said:

Capturecourses.png

What is it you want to do for Asus? Manufacture aka assemle motherboards? Or design technical aspects?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, 21stcenturytech said:

Capturecourses.png

What exactly do you want to do, and what is your Math and Science marks currently. 

If you want to do Support start studying for your A+ and N+ they are great not so much for you learning something new but they are the foundation of support qualifications and companies want to see them on there.

If you want to do more hardcore stuff hardware wise then again whats your science and math marks and you driven enough to make it through an engineering Degree? 

3rd Option is coding, which can be Huge money but depends on how good and fast you can work.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm now guessing that you're in high school.  These would be much better questions to field to your guidance councillor.  It's literally their job to help with these kinds of things and they'll have superior regional knowledge or access to information resources.

I am 22 years old actually :) Yeah I dropped out of college in 2013 :( Now I want to go back to college.  

On 12/18/2017 at 2:11 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

If you have to ask, you won't even be close to their ideal candidate. 

Everyone has to start somewhere though :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

18 minutes ago, 21stcenturytech said:

I am 22 years old actually :) Yeah I dropped out of college in 2013 :( Now I want to go back to college.  

You should, don't think you'll get into ASUS without a degree, and you probably need (a lot) more than that if you wanna work on the motherboard team.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Used to have a number of friends who worked in support here in the Indiana Support center.   Apparently they had a fairly tough screening process. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.