Scythe stops producing Gentle Typhoons

Sklomp

This was just posted on the FrozenCPU facebook page and I thought that you guys should know this:

Sad news regarding the Scythe Gentle Typhoon line, but we have hopes that the new Scythe Grand Flex line should be an adequate replacement:

FrozenCPU,
Regretfully, both Nidec and Scythe have decided not to continue their business relationship.

We will not be able to fulfill your Gentle Typhoon order.
We will be promoting the new Grand Flex fans. These are supposedly better than the Gentle Typhoons.
We need to get the message out to the public. I should have some samples by early next month.
By the way, Scythe reserves the right to the name Gentle Typhoon.
That means Nidec can’t sell the product to anybody with our label, our package, our brand and etc. attached to it.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hank Peng
SCYTHE, Inc.

What they are saying is that they are now producing a new line of fans, which apperantly are better than the gentle typhoons (which I haven't used).

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200 

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT!@?!?@!?

Edit: Anyone that loves these fan, Swiftech Helix's are basically the exact same thing just a different hub and color

Well there goes a legend...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

noooooo01.gifnoooooo01.gifnoooooo01.gifnoooooo01.gif

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

-quad no gif-

ROFL i almost die on this xD

OT: well that a surprise there but i hope those replacement are better in every thing the typhoon offers to compensate for this 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Dunno why you wrote Scyte. But this is sad, sad news..

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

Stock piled some of those when scythe north america went under looks like ill have to secure a couple more

This was just posted on the FrozenCPU facebook page and I thought that you guys should know this:

Sad news regarding the Scythe Gentle Typhoon line, but we have hopes that the new Scythe Grand Flex line should be an adequate replacement:

FrozenCPU,

Regretfully, both Nidec and Scythe have decided not to continue their business relationship.

We will not be able to fulfill your Gentle Typhoon order.

We will be promoting the new Grand Flex fans. These are supposedly better than the Gentle Typhoons.

We need to get the message out to the public. I should have some samples by early next month.

By the way, Scythe reserves the right to the name Gentle Typhoon.

That means Nidec can’t sell the product to anybody with our label, our package, our brand and etc. attached to it.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hank Peng

SCYTHE, Inc.

What they are saying is that they are now producing a new line of fans, which apperantly are better than the gentle typhoons (which I haven't used).

Do they not know if it is better, or as good?

Do they not know if it is better, or as good?

well, they LOOK AWESOME

226c.jpg

I've been wondering what the hold-up was with the release of these fans....maybe they'll finally come out

well, they LOOK AWESOME

226c.jpg

I've been wondering what the hold-up was with the release of these fans....maybe they'll finally come out

ewww there's no sleeving on the wire?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Well that sucks, a buddy of mine has been meaning to buy some from FrozenCPU, now I guess he won't be buying any.

Why discontinue a line of great fans that are obviously doing well?

Well that sucks, a buddy of mine has been meaning to buy some from FrozenCPU, now I guess he won't be buying any.

Why discontinue a line of great fans that are obviously doing well?

Not discontinue, but the two companies won't agree together on terms

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Sort of sad that Gentle Typhoons are discontinued now. Never used Gentle Typhoons so don't know how it compares to the new ones. Here is a review on Grand Flex fans: http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1361-page4.html

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Not discontinue, but the two companies won't agree together on terms

If the two companies won't be producing Gentle Typhoons anymore then they are discontinued.

I've never used gentle typhoons but I've heard tons of good things about them. I might check out this new line though and hopefully fans of the GT will like the new series.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

ewww there's no sleeving on the wire?

Gentle Typhoons never had sleeving either. Doesn't surprise me

Swiftech Helix is basically the same thing right?

If you consider cheap mainland knock-offs 'the same thing'. They have crappy bearings and the QC is nowhere near the same.

Time to put my spare Scythe/Nidec-Servo Gentle Typhoon into a display case.

Before Noctua came along and other companies stepped up a gear, Gentle Typhoons were the KING of Static Pressure fans.

A legend comes to rest today.

Swiftech Helix is basically the same thing right?

The hubs and bearings are vastly different; in my experience with the two, I find the GTs to be better in nearly every single aspect albeit the difference in pricing. If you're going for the Helix based on looks, GTs can be disassembled with ease and repainted. Nonetheless, it's a shame to see a legend go. I'm sure glad I stockpiled on GTs a long way back, before Scythe NA went boom.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Hmm so it's Nidec and Scythe who are not agree, not frozencpu. But frozen is the vendor...what a shame...I did not have them but everyone I mean everyone recommended them. Tsk tsk. I was also going to start my WC loop from bday and Christ,as money, I guess I'll use some SP120s or what ever

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Dunno why you wrote Scyte. But this is sad, sad news..

Well I don't use their name a lot and in my native language there almost never is a h after a t... Guess it is just a typo because I am not an native English speaker/writer

MSI GT70-One-899NL | i7-3630QM | Nvidia GTX675MX | 12GB 1600mhz ddr3 | 128gb mSata ssd | 1TB hdd | 17.3 Full HD non-glare | Killer E2200