Is there any actual reason to get a Nintendo Switch?

Underi
11 hours ago, skywake said:

You're being way too specific. Of course if you want every single game that comes out you need every single system. But having a PC and the Switch should give you decent enough coverage that you're not missing out on much. The Switch is going to get a lot of the content that would have previously come to 3DS and Wii U. In Japan as it's now the #1 selling console and it actually has some power unlike the 3DS it's likely it'll also get some of the Japan focused releases that used to be PS4 exclusive. Then on the PC side there are the multi-platforms which were already appearing on PC in addition to a lot of previous XBOne exclusives which are now available on PC.

Sure if you want to play Pokemon right now you need a 3DS. If you want to play Persona 5 or the Last of us you need a PS4. If you want to play Captain Toad or Super Mario Maker you need a Wii U. 100%. But if you own a Switch and PC you have access to 80-90% of the best selling games for this year and a similar proportion of the best rated games for this year. That's what I meant. 

You're missing out on a lot by only having PC + Switch. Switch will have some nice Japanese content, but it seems like they'll get series that were on 3DS like Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei. The Switch doesn't look like it has the horsepower for Yakuza games for example, and those will never come to PC. You're probably still talking 2019 to get all that Japanese coverage other than Fire Emblem, which sounds like it should come out in 2018.

The Switch may end up being the best console of the gen when everything is said and done if it can keep up its momentum, but today the library is thread-bare and filled with a ton of indie games I could already play on any PC. I'm likely to buy one in the next couple of months because I'm dying to play Super Mario Odyssey and I expect Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei V, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4 to be amazing so I'm going to have to buy the system anyways, but in 2017 there is no way the Switch exclusive library can be considered anything close to an equivalent of the PS4's exclusive library.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

t

Why would you want to buy a PC just becoming obsolete rather quickly while costing at least twice as much as a console. Why spend that much, when you can get a good console for 250€??

Anyway: Because there are games on that plattform you want to play. Easy as that.

And there are some nice games on PS4, like Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 and some games come on PS4 Years before they come to PC like Final Fantasy XII Remastered, Neptunia Goddess Online and many many more.

Obsolete? At least twice as much as a good console. What is 250 going to get you a PS4 or Xbox so you can play games at 900p 30fps. You can build a PC for cheaper then a PS4 not including online but 5 minutes on YouTube can prove that.

Games you want to play so people don't want to play PC games. There's more PC exclusives then games on the ps4. 

11 minutes ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

Obsolete? At least twice as much as a good console. What is 250 going to get you a PS4 or Xbox so you can play games at 900p 30fps. You can build a PC for cheaper then a PS4 not including online but 5 minutes on YouTube can prove that.

Games you want to play so people don't want to play PC games. There's more PC exclusives then games on the ps4. 

Trying to understand that horrible grammar was painful.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

Obsolete? At least twice as much as a good console.

Yes

Because for 250€ you can't get anything good as a gaming PC. Just utter shit or ancient, used parts, that aren't really better than the PS4.

What is 250 going to get you a PS4 or Xbox so you can play games at 900p 30fps.

But you can play it at 900p at 30fps.

With a 250€ PC or so you can't even do that.

But hey, 900p on a console is worse than 720p on a PC, isn't it??

And low details on PC is better, even if it looks worse, isn't it?

You can build a PC for cheaper then a PS4 not including online but 5 minutes on YouTube can prove that.

With new parts?
Not really. And if you do it, its worse than the PS4.

Remember it has an 8 Core CPU, although only at 1,6GHz or so wich means that you have to at least get an i5 or similar - wich alone kost over 100 bucks to be as fast as the PS4.

And with a 1050ti you already are over 250€ Budget....

And you don't even have a case, Powersupply, Memory and Harddrive or Motherboard.

So no, you can't build something that's as good as the PS4 or better with new parts. 

Wich are usually only MMORPGs but not new released games AAA wich are usually multiplattform...

Like Call of Duty WW2, Battlefront II, Resident Evil VII.

there isn't much "exclusives" for PC left these days, is it?!

Oh and what do you say about the powerconsumption?

The PS4 PRO is around 120-180W (depending on load, 180W are usually only short peaks), how much does your PC consume??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

the games Like breath of the wild.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

On 12/18/2017 at 7:51 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Yes

Because for 250€ you can't get anything good as a gaming PC. Just utter shit or ancient, used parts, that aren't really better than the PS4.

But you can play it at 900p at 30fps.

With a 250€ PC or so you can't even do that.

But hey, 900p on a console is worse than 720p on a PC, isn't it??

And low details on PC is better, even if it looks worse, isn't it?

With new parts?
Not really. And if you do it, its worse than the PS4.

Remember it has an 8 Core CPU, although only at 1,6GHz or so wich means that you have to at least get an i5 or similar - wich alone kost over 100 bucks to be as fast as the PS4.

And with a 1050ti you already are over 250€ Budget....

And you don't even have a case, Powersupply, Memory and Harddrive or Motherboard.

So no, you can't build something that's as good as the PS4 or better with new parts. 

Wich are usually only MMORPGs but not new released games AAA wich are usually multiplattform...

Like Call of Duty WW2, Battlefront II, Resident Evil VII.

there isn't much "exclusives" for PC left these days, is it?!

Oh and what do you say about the powerconsumption?

The PS4 PRO is around 120-180W (depending on load, 180W are usually only short peaks), how much does your PC consume??

If you think an the CPU in the ps4 is crap and it holds it back in alot of games. The PS4 has a under clocked FX 8350 witch was equivalent to an i5 2400 or Pentium g4560.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G4560-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3892vs1489

The 1050ti is more comparable to the PS4 pro. The 1050 or Rx 460 is a closer match but even those will be a lot more powerful. 

What's wrong with mmorpg's and do you even know what AAA means that the game it means the game has a big budget like most mmorpg's. What makes AAA games so good any way. I didn't mean mmorpg's. I have over 30 games in my steam library the only 4 of them you can play on the PS4. The most amount of money I've paid for a game is $26 for fallout 4 on sale 2 year's ago you can get it for 15 on sale now.

I have a GTX 1060 and a i5 6500 and it uses about 150 wots. 

PS - the first comment I thought you were being sarcastic. Then I read the rest.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:54 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Trying to understand that horrible grammar was painful.

Sorry

I'd say right around now its probably worth it the library has expanded to the point of having multiple must have titles and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.  I also suspect Smash 4 Switch edition is coming soon if they continue their trend of porting things over from Wii U.  The third party support seems to be growing as well.

5 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

If you think an the CPU in the ps4 is crap and it holds it back in alot of games. The PS4 has a under clocked FX 8350 witch was equivalent to an i5 2400 or Pentium g4560.

That's just total FUD from your side. And showes that you have absolutely NO idea about what's going on in consoles.

No, the PS4 does NOT have a FX8350 but the predecessor of Ryzen in form of a Jaguar core.

And thats a very efficient core that has nothing to compare to in the real world because there are just single channel versions of that core available right now.

So no, you can NOT say anything about the CPU, you can only guess.

Until there are some people who get Linux working and do benchmarks with that. 

The 1050ti is more comparable to the PS4 pro. The 1050 or Rx 460 is a closer match but even those will be a lot more powerful. 

It would be nice if you would stop posting nonsense. That is absolutely wrong what you are writing here.

First: The PS4 Pro has some kind of Polaris based graphics chip. And there is something roughly equal on the marked: RX 470/570.

Here is proof that you are totally wrong:

https://www.techpowerup.com/225653/sony-launches-amd-polaris-powered-playstation-4-pro

What's wrong with mmorpg's and do you even know what AAA means that the game it means the game has a big budget like most mmorpg's.

1. There are some MMORPG on the PS4 as well. Final Fantasy XIV for example.

2. Not everyone wants MMORPG or enjoys them.

3. You should stop taking your point of view and apply it to everyone else.

Different people have different preferences, some play MMORPG, some play the japanese games for the PS4.

And those exclusives make the PS4 a great console, like the Switch will be in a couple of years (but right now its not really. I expect that to change in 2018)

I have a GTX 1060 and a i5 6500 and it uses about 150 wots. 

So you have a PC that's roughly equal to the PS4 PRO - at around double the cost. 

CPU and GPU are around 400€ alone.
And you need some RAM, a Motherboard, a case and a good quality PSU.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's just total FUD from your side. And showes that you have absolutely NO idea about what's going on in consoles.

No, the PS4 does NOT have a FX8350 but the predecessor of Ryzen in form of a Jaguar core.

And thats a very efficient core that has nothing to compare to in the real world because there are just single channel versions of that core available right now.

So no, you can NOT say anything about the CPU, you can only guess.

Until there are some people who get Linux working and do benchmarks with that. 

It would be nice if you would stop posting nonsense. That is absolutely wrong what you are writing here.

First: The PS4 Pro has some kind of Polaris based graphics chip. And there is something roughly equal on the marked: RX 470/570.

Here is proof that you are totally wrong:

https://www.techpowerup.com/225653/sony-launches-amd-polaris-powered-playstation-4-pro

1. There are some MMORPG on the PS4 as well. Final Fantasy XIV for example.

2. Not everyone wants MMORPG or enjoys them.

3. You should stop taking your point of view and apply it to everyone else.

Different people have different preferences, some play MMORPG, some play the japanese games for the PS4.

And those exclusives make the PS4 a great console, like the Switch will be in a couple of years (but right now its not really. I expect that to change in 2018)

So you have a PC that's roughly equal to the PS4 PRO - at around double the cost. 

CPU and GPU are around 400€ alone.
And you need some RAM, a Motherboard, a case and a good quality PSU.

The FX 8350 is built on piledriver the successor to bulldozer. The PS4's cpu is built on jaguar. Jaguar was originally designed as a low power chip for net books. It has much smaller cores than the desktop CPUs and therefore cheaper to make. A Piledriver core much bigger and has a much higher IPC then jaguar. In the end piledriver and jaguar are just a revision of bulldozer. So an FX 6300 with 2 less cores would crush the PS4. 

The GPU in the PS4 pro is about the same as the Rx 570. When I said the 1050ti was closer to the PS4 pro I didn't say the same and the 1050ti gets heavily beaten by the 570 so I actually agee with you. 

This was my original point the switch, PS4 and PC all have exclusives. And sometimes the deciding factor for someone is the exclusives that's one of the reasons I play on PC. I couldn't agree with you more on this one.

On 20.12.2017 at 6:22 AM, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

The FX 8350 is built on piledriver the successor to bulldozer. The PS4's cpu is built on jaguar. Jaguar was originally designed as a low power chip for net books. It has much smaller cores than the desktop CPUs and therefore cheaper to make. A Piledriver core much bigger and has a much higher IPC then jaguar. In the end piledriver and jaguar are just a revision of bulldozer. So an FX 6300 with 2 less cores would crush the PS4. 

That's like claiming that Pentium M is a revision of the Netburst (Pentium 4) Architecture, wich is false.

Your claim that Jaguar is a "revisioned" Bulldozer is also as false as it can be. 
To claim that Ryzen is a revisioned Jaguar is more true than what you do, for various reason.

The only thing I have to disprove your claim is to point to the Module things of Bulldozer where there was a shared decoder and two int coreswith one shared FPU.

Jaguar does not have that and a rather classical layout with one INT core and one FPU. 

To do that, you have to start anew, with a blank piece of Paper. Like Intel Did with the Pentium M in the Netburst Area!

Here some more indepth Articles:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/6976/amds-jaguar-architecture-the-cpu-powering-xbox-one-playstation-4-kabini-temash

And Bulldozer (unfixed, Zambezi, not Vishera)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldozer-review-amd-fx8150-tested

That should prove that both CPUs are totally different, despite your false claims.

I never heard anyone say something outrageous like Pentium M or the Core Architecture has anything to do with Netburst, so why do you claim such nonsense?!

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's like claiming that Pentium M is a revision of the Netburst (Pentium 4) Architecture, wich is false.

Your claim that Jaguar is a "revisioned" Bulldozer is also as false as it can be. 
To claim that Ryzen is a revisioned Jaguar is more true than what you do, for various reason.

The only thing I have to disprove your claim is to point to the Module things of Bulldozer where there was a shared decoder and two int coreswith one shared FPU.

Jaguar does not have that and a rather classical layout with one INT core and one FPU. 

To do that, you have to start anew, with a blank piece of Paper. Like Intel Did with the Pentium M in the Netburst Area!

Here some more indepth Articles:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/6976/amds-jaguar-architecture-the-cpu-powering-xbox-one-playstation-4-kabini-temash

And Bulldozer (unfixed, Zambezi, not Vishera)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldozer-review-amd-fx8150-tested

That should prove that both CPUs are totally different, despite your false claims.

I never heard anyone say something outrageous like Pentium M or the Core Architecture has anything to do with Netburst, so why do you claim such nonsense?!

I don't know anything about CPU architectures but I do know that the PS4'S CPU is shit.

3 hours ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

I don't know anything about CPU architectures but I do know that the PS4'S CPU is shit.

Then why do you claim things, if you do know nothing about that?

And you also don't have much proof about the PS4 CPU because there is no way to really test it.

And without that, you can't say much about it.

What you can say however is that the PS4 CPU is way better than the PS3 CPU and that it isn't as bad as you claim it to be. Because it has 8 Cores!

And thus you can expect it to be way better than most Desktop CPUs for up to 125€...

For portability and Nintendo games. For me it was worth the money, for you it may not be.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, Ithanul said:

Yep, I saw the trailer too.  Tokyo Mirage FE is awesome on its gameplay mechanics for a game that is a spin off the of Shin Megami Tensei line.  So, I am down for another Shin Megami Tensei game.

I ended up getting a really good deal on a New 3DS XL, so I can't wait to play the Shin Megami Tensei games on it. Of course not until I finish Persona 5 though.

There's only one reason to get a console

Spoiler

EXCLUSIVES

so if u dont want to spend money for 3-4 exlusives on the switch or its portabillity then dont buy it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

11 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I ended up getting a really good deal on a New 3DS XL, so I can't wait to play the Shin Megami Tensei games on it. Of course not until I finish Persona 5 though.

Hehe, I need to get back to Persona 5 and finish it.  But, right now, finishing up Xenoblade 2 (around 86 hours in it atm).  On the final chapter, so I hopefully have it done by the end of this week.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

Hehe, I need to get back to Persona 5 and finish it.  But, right now, finishing up Xenoblade 2 (around 86 hours in it atm).  On the final chapter, so I hopefully have it done by the end of this week.

You probably will finish it in your next session. The chapter is the shortest of all in gameplay. Course there's lot of cutscenes though.

I'm pretty mixed on XC2 so I rushed it through and finished at around the 52h mark at party levels 70-71. I might be a little short on getting half the unique Blades. I really dislike the Blade bonding and management. Takes too much time so I stopped opening cores once I got a good team of rares covering all the elements on my party.

Very unNintendo-like, they released a patch today fixing the map issue. So who knows, if they're going to keep supporting the game (and they have to since they got a year plan for the expansion pass), maybe the QoL fixes will hopefully include streamlining the Blade stuff. Like opening tons of cores at once and easily trashing those you don't want. If they do, I'll probably return to at least get the Blades I want.

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Man how could you ever put Persona 5 on hold? I don't think I could do that even for Odyssey.

3 hours ago, ono said:

You probably will finish it in your next session. The chapter is the shortest of all in gameplay. Course there's lot of cutscenes though.

I'm pretty mixed on XC2 so I rushed it through and finished at around the 52h mark at party levels 70-71. I might be a little short on getting half the unique Blades. I really dislike the Blade bonding and management. Takes too much time so I stopped opening cores once I got a good team of rares covering all the elements on my party.

Very unNintendo-like, they released a patch today fixing the map issue. So who knows, if they're going to keep supporting the game (and they have to since they got a year plan for the expansion pass), maybe the QoL fixes will hopefully include streamlining the Blade stuff. Like opening tons of cores at once and easily trashing those you don't want. If they do, I'll probably return to at least get the Blades I want.

I already heard a New Game+ is coming down the pipeline.

But yeah, I got a good team of rare Blades and stop with the cores for now.  On Chapter 9 now, but darn 52h?  I got 86h in with my team at lv58-59.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Man how could you ever put Persona 5 on hold? I don't think I could do that even for Odyssey.

The Switch is portable and I can play Xenoblade 2 anywhere I want.  Plus, I'm stuck on one section in Persona 5 atm.  I will get back to it once I'm done with Xenoblade 2 and Okami HD (sorry, but Okami is still my top fav).

Main reason I am no longer buying Indies on the PC.  I want them all on my Switch so I can play them anywhere.  Same reason I hope many other older games get ported over.  Playing on the go and anywhere is just super nice.  (I go nuts if they can get Persona 5 and Tokyo Mirage FE ported to the Switch)

Also, my Dad asked me to do a 2nd play through on HZD on my PS4 so he can watch for the story.  Hence, Persona 5 got put on hold.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

30 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I already heard a New Game+ is coming down the pipeline.

But yeah, I got a good team of rare Blades and stop with the cores for now.  On Chapter 9 now, but darn 52h?  I got 86h in with my team at lv58-59.

The Switch is portable and I can play Xenoblade 2 anywhere I want.  Plus, I'm stuck on one section in Persona 5 atm.  I will get back to it once I'm done with Xenoblade 2 and Okami HD (sorry, but Okami is still my top fav).

Main reason I am no longer buying Indies on the PC.  I want them all on my Switch so I can play them anywhere.  Same reason I hope many other older games get ported over.  Playing on the go and anywhere is just super nice.  (I go nuts if they can get Persona 5 and Tokyo Mirage FE ported to the Switch)

Also, my Dad asked me to do a 2nd play through on HZD on my PS4 so he can watch for the story.  Hence, Persona 5 got put on hold.

I guesstimate I only did like 10% of the side quests. Chain attack overkill unique mobs for tons of xp kept me at the appropriate level (ok, sometimes overleveled). Should be easier for you now since you have a powered up blade mode that can hit 4 elements orbs at once during a chain attack. So you can affix 4 elemental orbs, burst two orbs per chain attack round, and that gets you into full burst for ridiculous dmg and with overkill xp bonus.

I agree on the indies. Though I haven't started doing that yet. I still need to get an SD card and once new indies are released day and date (or close) with other platforms (I expect that's the case going forward), this will be the console of choice for me since often they don't take advantage of beefier hardware and the portability is a plus. Barring sales, anyway, that may still lead me the PC version.

2 hours ago, ono said:

I guesstimate I only did like 10% of the side quests. Chain attack overkill unique mobs for tons of xp kept me at the appropriate level (ok, sometimes overleveled). Should be easier for you now since you have a powered up blade mode that can hit 4 elements orbs at once during a chain attack. So you can affix 4 elemental orbs, burst two orbs per chain attack round, and that gets you into full burst for ridiculous dmg and with overkill xp bonus.

I agree on the indies. Though I haven't started doing that yet. I still need to get an SD card and once new indies are released day and date (or close) with other platforms (I expect that's the case going forward), this will be the console of choice for me since often they don't take advantage of beefier hardware and the portability is a plus. Barring sales, anyway, that may still lead me the PC version.

Ah, I tend to avoid mobs a lot.  Main reason I am now at the bosses in Chapter 9 with only lv60 chars.  Beat the first major one, came close to beating the 2nd one.  A bit challenging to take a lv68 on with lv60 chars, but came very close to nuking that one out (stinker healed its stinking butt before I could chain attack it to death).

17 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Man I'm waiting for Nintendo Direct. If they announce a 2018 release date for Shin Megami Tensei V I'll probably buy a Switch and Super Mario Odyssey the next day. Then I would feel a Switch would be worth purchasing for four killer games I want for 2018: Super Mario Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei V, Fire Emblem Switch, and Bayonetta 2. Or I'd love to see another game in the New Super Mario series. I love all of those.