Is there a reason people blast music?

Osmium

I've never really understood it. I personally play whatever I have at a level where I can hear the music/video and still hear if someone is about to stab me in the back. But often times in public I hear people's music from several feet away and that is almost frightening to imagine how deaf they will be in a year. So is there a reason at all whatsoever to it? 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

To be annoying 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

If they have subs and they are in a car.... its because its badass.

Motherboard- P8Z77V-LK CPU- i5 3570K @4.3 RAM- 8gb of Corsair Vengence GPU- MSI 660ti Power Edition PSU- CX750M SSD- Samsung 840t HDD- 1tb of WD Black Case- Modded Bitfenix Shinobi Cooling- H80i and Bitfenix Spectre fans and Bitfenix LED fans

not sure where i stand  :D in public (or listening range of others) i play my music at levels where i can hear it good enough and not annoy others around me, as i tend to be very self conscious of others. However, when i am alone i play it loud, at home or in my car  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

If they have subs and they are in a car.... its because its badass.

i do have a sub in my car. I imagine it does annoy people but I do enjoy my music loud in the car hehe  :lol:

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

I blast that shit, because I'm a loud person. Therefore, my music must be loud. But not my computers. Hate that.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I am actually not expressing annoyance here I am legitimately trying to see if people think it sounds clearer or something xD

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I blast this song all day at full volume 

I've never really understood it. I personally play whatever I have at a level where I can hear the music/video and still hear if someone is about to stab me in the back. But often times in public I hear people's music from several feet away and that is almost frightening to imagine how deaf they will be in a year. So is there a reason at all whatsoever to it? 

IF it's not a bass heavy sound, I got no idea. But some people find bass interesting, and like it. Kinda like how I like building, and fixing computers. 

I feel weird about music in public, i try to keep it low, i dont listen to very mainstream music so i dont want others hearing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I feel weird about music in public, i try to keep it low, i dont listen to very mainstream music so i dont want others hearing.

then you accidentally unplug headphones from phone and music starts booming from your phone speaker

everyone laughs and start pointing at you

laughing-and-pointing.jpg "HAHAHA HE LISTENS TO JUSTIN BEABER"

I have a friend in school who puts the music on loudest with wonky EQ settings and then wears his headphones around the neck. That makes roll my eyes. Occasiaonally he even puts them on his ears, I'd say 10 euros that he has some hearing problems already

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I have iems that isolate really well, so i can have my music as loud as i want without bothering anyone. I have the volume pretty high, so that i don't hear outside noise. But still within comfortable levels. 

then you accidentally unplug headphones from phone and music starts booming from your phone speaker

everyone laughs and start pointing at you

laughing-and-pointing.jpg "HAHAHA HE LISTENS TO JUSTIN BEABER"

This is what i was caught listening to last week

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

crapy head phones like the iphone crap :/ the leak like if they were made to!

To drown out someone else's crappy music.

I blast this song all day at full volume 

I got 18 seconds into that song. I would shoot myself if I had to listen to another second. I reckon I am in the majority with my music tastes on this forum though. I'm not even an electronic music fan but dear jesus what you listen to is painful. I don't know how the hell you like that.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I got 18 seconds into that song. I would shoot myself if I had to listen to another second. I reckon I am in the majority with my music tastes on this forum though. I'm not even an electronic music fan but dear jesus what you listen to is painful. I don't know how the hell you like that.

its catchy :P, don't be hating

I don't give a f*** about if people can hear my music lol

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

3 seconds for me. I can't stand Japan's pop music, Korea isn't that much better either. 

I blare my music all the time, especially in the car. The bass feels amazing and you're able to hear everything in the song to the full range. An accurate music listening experience should be loud, obviously not loud enough to cause damage or discomfort, but definitely at a level that annoys most people. 

Error: 410

lol. 

I like that song too. In fact, when it came on the first time, I listened to it on repeat for hours.

... I care about the beat for that particular song. Little else matters (for that song). I guess I'm just 'Murican. Because this is a good song too. If you remove the lyrics (though those end up being a part of the beat anyway meaning that they have to stay for the full enjoyment to be there, irritating):

I care about lyrics too, but when I do, nothing else matters. I only need 1 reason to like the song, then the rest is irrelevant. The best songs are the songs that have great everything, but those are rare.

Btw, I fully admit the singing in Heroes Come Back is terrible. That's my point. It doesn't matter. For some reason (the beat is good).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.