Microsoft's new smart bra stops you from emotionally overeating

nicehat

microsoft-bra-_sa25.jpg

Microsoft Research has developed a smart bra that prevents women from emotional and stress eating. Microsoft posits that by reducing emotional and stress eating, the bra wearer’s overall health can be improved.

It's essentially a wearable stress sensor. The bra has two sensors — an EDA sensor and EKG — for detecting when the wearer is stressed out. A built-in computer (in the middle between the cups) then sends an alert to the girl’s smartphone, telling her to chill with the quarter pounders. 

When asked about a male version, the designer said that her team did try to develop a version for men, but that male underwear is too far away from the heart for an accurate EKG reading. (Insert lewd joke here.)

EDIT: This bra was specifically made for Outgoing Microsoft CEO Steven Ballmer after he was "asked" to retire..jk..but seriously, this bra is real

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/172308-microsofts-new-smart-bra-stops-you-from-emotionally-overeating

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I read that as "Stops you from emotionally overheating" xD

OT: So basically, it's another way for your clothes to show you that you're fat. Brilliant.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I don't think this is real! This is just to ridiculus especially when Microsoft develops it.. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Seen this several days ago and it's still durr. =p

That's.... Interesting.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Microsoft :3 is such a weird company now...and if you haven't already seen it this subject topic "microsoft smart bra" rather dumb bra has already been posted.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

So basically it's a bra that makes your phone tell you that you'll get fat?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well I've got some nice man jubbs to protect and need a bra, so it might as well be a high tech one :P

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

Barnacules Nerdgasm  B) 

[YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook]

Can we get an android/ios app that conects to it so we know when to hit the bar when there emotional lol. Also a pms alert function would be nice.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. You children have no idea what real stress and emotional fatigue is like... Or you probably drink away your problems.

stress? :)) The only healthy way to cope with stress is to learn to live with your decisions. if you need a bra to tell you when you are stressed you have much bigger problems. like the lack of self awareness.

This has been posted before, however the health benefits and potential uses for this are amazing.  Not just for emotions but for emergency response and heart attack, patient monitoring after surgery, you name it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This has been posted before, however the health benefits and potential uses for this are amazing.  Not just for emotions but for emergency response and heart attack, patient monitoring after surgery, you name it.

You mean, I can wear a bra in the hospital now? Gibbe 20 plox.

You mean, I can wear a bra in the hospital now? Gibbe 20 plox.

It means if you tether the bra to your smart phone, it can monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, skin resistance etc and log it all so your doctor can see how you are progressing after heart surgery, or if you have a heart attack (wearing it due to high risk) it can call the ambulance, tell them what the problem is and with the gps coordinates tell them where you are  and it can do all of this before you even know you  having a heart attack.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I want some of that Japanese-import drug Microsoft's sniffing, seems to be doing the trick.

I rather see them taking it off when its hot. Not being self-cooled.