9th Gen Intel I7 to have 8 cores 16 threads

WoofyDaTechHound

Well my brand new $300 maximus X Hero is now worthless..

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

2 minutes ago, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

Said to launch in about 6 months and we just had Coffee lake launch just almost 2 months ago the lists of new cpu's have been leaked. This is bad news bears for anyone who is buying the 8700K
https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-9th-generation-cannon-lake

Just now, Armakar said:

Come on...

It's still a very very good cpu... Like if you cry every time somethings better arrive on the market, you will keep crying all your life xD

It's not like if the CPU is coming in 1 month, it will probably be there in like 6-12 months.

Nothing to worry about enjoy your 8700K

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

I have not seen anything that it will be compatible with the Z370 platform so

Just now, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

I have not seen anything that it will be compatible with the Z370 platform so

And you knew that back when the Z390 announcement happened.

And let me guess...

It'll still be socket 1151, BUT Z370 chipsets won't support it, so you'll need a "new" Z470 board.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, gbergeron said:

Come on...

It's still a very very good cpu... Like if you cry every time somethings better arrive on the market, you will keep crying all your life xD

It's not like if the CPU is coming in 1 month, it will probably be there in like 6-12 months.

Nothing to worry about enjoy your 8700K

Still its bullshit intel is doing this. They are in panic mode from ryzen and pumping out new cpu's to steal back the market and they are doing some bullshit practices and really is pissing me off. Im rn using a amd 2 core E300 and i hate amd, im wanting to go to Intel but they are starting to piss me off. They are not caring about the consumer but their profits and market share

Just now, Sgt. ShadoWolf said:

Still its bullshit intel is doing this. They are in panic mode from ryzen and pumping out new cpu's to steal back the market and they are doing some bullshit practices and really is pissing me off. Im rn using a amd 2 core E300 and i hate amd, im wanting to go to Intel but they are starting to piss me off. They are not caring about the consumer but their profits and market share

Name one company that cares more about the consumer than their profit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync