moving

jakeeberhart

I was thinking of moving to ontario, canada. I currently reside in canton, ohio, USA. If anyone moved from the usa to canada or if you live in canada please tell me if it is a good idea to move to canada.

Its like the US but colder and more Canadian like....

/s

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Its like the US but colder and more Canadian like....

/s

dont forget about all the mooses

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

igloo's are very common up here in canukistan.

Whats the driving force behind wanting to re-locate to a different country, that is the big ask. IMHO its alot of hassle, costly, and the benefits would have to be decided by you and you alone lol. 

If you do move, this would be a good time.  Our currency is still low so you could buy in cheap and ride it back up... whenever that finally happens...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

dont forget about all the mooses

"Mooses"? What the hell? Moose. I'm so triggered!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Just now, リチャード said:

"Moose"? Ummm... I'll have you know it's meese.

You are a cheese!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

8 hours ago, Gale said:

"Mooses"? What the hell? Moose. I'm so triggered!

I happen to also prefer Meese. It's more Whimsical. It has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.

8 hours ago, リチャード said:

"Moose"? Ummm... I'll have you know it's meese.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Perfect instance of Avatar;

image.png.236b2237b7a019c95b0f2e1903da633b.png

I tip my Canadian Top Hat to you. :ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 11/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, jakeeberhart said:

I was thinking of moving to ontario, canada. I currently reside in canton, ohio, USA. If anyone moved from the usa to canada or if you live in canada please tell me if it is a good idea to move to canada.

First you need a passport and then you need to look at immigration laws in Canada. If you plan on getting a job, you need im guessing a special permit. Similar to the US Green Card. Ive thought about visiting out neighbor to the north. Windsor is right across the boarder from Detroit and I live in the Metro Detroit area. Though I still need to get my passport. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

First you need a passport and then you need to look at immigration laws in Canada. If you plan on getting a job, you need im guessing a special permit. Similar to the US Green Card. Ive thought about visiting out neighbor to the north. Windsor is right across the boarder from Detroit and I live in the Metro Detroit area. Though I still need to get my passport. 

If you just want to visit, you just need a valid passport - short term visits of US Citizens are exempt from needing to get a Visa.

If the OP wants to immigrate to Canada, they'll need a work permit and a Visa, and eventually will need to apply for permanent resident status.

It's a long and potentially expensive process, so the OP definitely needs to do their research and look into all the details.

Canada is pretty nice, the quality of life is high. Taxes are reasonable, but considered somewhat high compared to what some Americans might be used to. Public services are on the average quite good. Public healthcare is also fairly good. Wait times for non-life threatening surgeries can be long, but generally you can get an appointment to see your doctor within a few days or a week. You can go to a health clinic and see a doctor within a few minutes to an hour.

Life threatening care is generally prioritized, and most people will get care within hours to weeks of getting diagnosed with a critical illness.

Car insurance is Mandatory if you plan on driving.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Car insurance is Mandatory if you plan on driving.

Just like Michigan. How much do they charge? Your first born or just you kidney? LOL 

It's like the off brand US.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Donut417 said:

Just like Michigan. How much do they charge? Your first born or just you kidney? LOL 

It of course varies a lot, based on age of the driver, sex, model and year of car, where you live, etc.

I pay about $2400/yr. Some people can expect to pay under $1000/yr. Some people will be paying over $4000/yr.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It of course varies a lot, based on age of the driver, sex, model and year of car, where you live, etc.

I pay about $2400/yr. Some people can expect to pay under $1000/yr. Some people will be paying over $4000/yr.

I feel better about the $1060 a year or so I pay. But I got full coverage on a 2006 Ford Focus. So maybe Im still paying too much. LOL. Michgian requires by law that insurance companies  have to give catastrophic coverage. Meaning if Im hurt in an accident and screwed for the rest of my life, they have to pay my medical expenses for as long as I live. Which is why my state has the highest insurance rates in the whole US.