i5-3570k can't clock past 4.2ghz

Hello,

I have an i5-3570k that is under an h50 aio in a gigabyte z77-d3h motherboard.

I have the Easy Tune 6 application installed and have tried to use that to OC (with some success).

The problem that I'm having is that HWMonitor (and CPU-z) both read that I am hitting the target frequencies right after booting into windows, but as soon as I fire up Cinebench R15 to see my OC results, I only see a max 4167mhz ish clock.

This is also backed up by the fact that I'm consistently hitting 560cb, no matter what my OC is set to (as long as its over 4.2ghz).

I have reset CMOS, but still can't figure out how to get it to effectively get over 4.2ghz.

I want to overclock as high as I can and do plan on delidding in the future.

EDIT: just figured out that the ratios/multipliers in EasyTuner6 were limiting my overclock. Just upped it to 4.4 on all cores and hit 600cb...

so I guess I have to uninstall ET6 if I want to OC from BIOS?

I'm poor. How did I even make enough to get all of this.

Main build:

Intel i5-3570k, EVGA 980ti (reference), Gigabyte Z77-D3H, 4x8gb DDR3 (1 kit of Corsair, 1 kit of G.skill), Crucial M500 960gb SSD, Seagate 3tb HDD

Backup build:

AMD Phenom II X6 1045t (OC to 3.7ghz) + Cooler Master Hyper TX3, Asus Sabertooth 990FX, NVidia Quadro FX3800, 4x2gb DDR3, 240gb SanDisk Extreme SSD

Yup. ET6 was a rubbish utility the last time I used it. 

Do all OC in the BIOS. Well, maybe fine tune a few things with ET6 if need be but ideally all OC is in BIOS. 

Edit: Last used ET6 with 3570K + Z77X-UP7. I'd advise to avoid the presets and the program in general. Like all Gigabyte software in that era it was a buggy mess. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I have that same chip, different MB though. I've never had a good experience with software OC utils. I always OC from the bios. It's just seemed more reliable to me. Anyway I'm hitting 4.4 on stock voltage settings.