Scrapyard Wars 7 (Unofficial)

mankeez
12 hours ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Scrapyard Wars Down Under

Linus and Luke vs Bryan from TechYesCity and Steve from Hardware Unboxed

Yeah, I mentioned Bryan several weeks ago. Good Bogan disguise is much more believable than Linus's girl shore and painted the shirts, lol.

Anyways, I'm thinking a full case fabrication would be cool. Can only use the test from a case, and nothing else. That way there got the screw mounts, but everything else has to be Jerry Rigged.

Id like to see them pick a random Province or State for it to take place in.  Drop them off in some Farming community and make the best PC that can from the slim Selection of hardware available.  I would make them get creative.

17 hours ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Luke and linus vs bryan and rginhd

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

14 hours ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

They need to do it, and have two fans along with them

Make them come to spain and have me go with them? I may be spanish but I can speak fluent english ok dont bully me?

I like the idea of having a requirement of only allowing enterprise tiered hardware and it all has to be sourced through components or pcs that businesses are selling or getting rid of.

Honestly, i don't like it when they have huge budgets, and get 1080's or the like. I'd prefer it if they came back to the more low cost, scrapyard style of the first couple episodes. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Linus and Luke should do scrapyard wars on another country other than US or Canada. I’m sure most Canadians who sell parts on Craigslist already know them and I think same goes for the US. How about UK where Linus can team up with @colonel_mortis and Luke teaming up with @TheRandomness? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 11/7/2017 at 10:23 PM, Tomsta said:

Come to London and do the £1337 build again but with public transport not included, public transport in London in very expensive

That would be great, particularly as the used parts market is very different in the UK

budget should be at the max $350, and include food and transit, that would make this REALLY fun

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 7-11-2017 at 11:16 PM, CoalitionGaming said:

Nobody beats Bryan's Bogan Bargain Barter hah.

@Ashiella RGinHD isn't oz, he's from the UK.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Guys, how about instead of Linus and Luke teaming up with other famous Youtubers - they team up with fans?

The fans would be the ones making the calls etc to avoid sellers recognizing the Youtubers, and the winning team gets to keep both computers. Incentive for the fan to do their best!

Potato

Build a new system with only 800 USD and they do it in Seattle with  Luke vs Linus vs ( A guest ) no more team shit

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should skip the gaming benchmarks at judgement method for at least one season. According to me it would be great to see a Scrapyard Wars where they build a mining rig and try to earn as much as possible during one week. Or it can be a build a web server that can handle the most simultaneous connections challenge. There is so much else to do than "find a guy that will sell you the most modern GPU for cheap"

• 1 month later...

Hows about, just for once they do a full from-the-ground-up build. It'll be the most helpful and real world version of scrapyard wars ever. 

Hear me out. 

There are likely many viewers who are still console gamers who WANT to get into (or back into) pc gaming, but all they see are builds of cases as all they need to build their first budget gaming PC. Many have no Monitor, keyboard, mouse or even place to put it, that's right, most don't even have a DESK or chair (propping your TV on your coffee table is hardly a setup) So here's my idea: Two, or more teams, need to build a full gaming station for someone who wants to get into PC gaming on a BUDGET, but they need to build not only the basic unit, but also get the monitor, keyboard, mouse and sound peripherals AS WELL as a desk and chair. Now, as this will be an average joe build, the PC must be built as is, with no mods or soldering of ANY kind, same with the desk, no carpentry or metalwork (Looking at you, Luke) allowed. EDIT: No soldering either, you don't have the right connector on your cooler/case fan/power supply cable, tough. And no using adapters/tools/screws available within LMG. EVERYTHING used to build the pc comes from the budget, and tools should be limited to average DIY store/dollar store equivalents, again this is for your average joe here.  

But how would this be judged?

Simple: One part will be the usual benchmarks, but the setup itself will also be judged for comfort and quality by, say, actual ESports gamers (Perhaps invite a championship team) to judge not only the comfort and ease of use of the setup but also the quality of use from the peripherals.

If Linus and LTT can pull this off, on a budget, then they can prove to ANYONE that they can get into PC gaming on a budget because, frankly, with only building a base unit and none of the rest, you're ignoring more than half of both the cost and effort needed for building your first PC.

Can it be done on the original $300 budget, or would Linus himself admit that nobody can get into PC gaming with the same quality as a console for the price of a PS4/XB1?

Edited by xedalpha
Just adding a little clarification

3 minutes ago, xedalpha said:

Hows about, just for once they do a full from the ground up build. It'll be the most helpful and real world version of scrapyard wars ever. 

Hear me out. 

There are likely many viewers who are still console gamers who WANT to get into (or back into) pc gaming, but all they see are builds of cases as all they need to build their first budget gaming PC. Many have no Monitor, keyboard, mouse or even place to put it, that's right, most don't even have a DESK or chair (propping your TV on your coffee table is hardly a setup) So here's my idea: Two, or more teams, need to build a full gaming station for someone who wants to get into PC gaming on a BUDGET, but they need to build not only the basic unit, but also get the monitor, keyboard, mouse and sound peripherals AS WELL as a desk and chair. Now, as this will be an average joe build, the PC must be built as is, with no mods or soldering of ANY kind, same with the desk, no carpentry or metalwork (Looking at you, Luke) allowed. 

But how would this be judged?

Simple: One part will be the usual benchmarks, but the setup itself will also be judged for comfort and quality by, say, actual ESports gamers (Perhaps invite a championship team) to judge not only the comfort and ease of use of the setup but also the quality of use from the peripherals.

If Linus and LTT can pull this off, on a budget, then they can prove to ANYONE that they can get into PC gaming on a budget because, frankly, with only building a base unit and none of the rest, you're ignoring more than half of both the cost and effort needed for building your first PC.

Can it be done on the original $300 budget?

Dude, you're a fucking genius. Seriously. Get talking with linus NOW. NOW.

I like the idea of doing a full gaming setup that includes monitor, keyboard, mouse and chair...maybe team up one builder with Jon Morrison and the other with MKBHD.

One mechanic Id love to see introduced is at some point, you get a pass to trade the team what you have for what they have but it can only be one item. So you can say "We want their CPU...whatever it is." At that point, are you buying low end in case their is a swap? And just the look on Linus face when Luke is like "I want your video card(s)." And then the look on Lukes face when Linus is like "One GeForce 280GTX coming right up."

25 minutes ago, mankeez said:

Dude, you're a fucking genius. Seriously. Get talking with linus NOW. NOW.

Lol, the man likely gets bombarded by a hundred or so similar messages a week. I just thought I'd share my two cents on the subject with the rest of the group. 

1 minute ago, xedalpha said:

Lol, the man likely gets bombarded by a hundred or so similar messages a week. I just thought I'd share my two cents on the subject with the rest of the group. 

The thing is yours stands out. It's the most down to earth, reasonable option and which I now want to watch so If you dont get LTT working on it imma get mad at you (kidding obviously)

On 11/7/2017 at 8:36 PM, ScrappyZeDog said:

They need to do it, and have two fans along with them

The Corsair RGB fans Kyle reviewed?

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

They should ebay auction both ones, and whichever one sells for a higher price gets bonus points.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:09 PM, tp95112 said:

Go somewhere not native to both contestants. IE another country, given a budget for living and also for the computer components and  make it a workation so we get extra more content

Make them choose where but it cannot be a mainly English speaking country and travel costs count

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

On 11/7/2017 at 2:16 PM, CoalitionGaming said:

no...just no

brian will just spray down all the parts with brake cleaner and ruin a bunch of good hardware