AMD EPYC - Benching Suggestions

Hi Guys,

Unfortuantely I am currently under NDA until TBC ;) so can only share information already publically available regarding the AMD EPYC range until that NDA is over.  I do a lot of testing in my line of work when it comes to enterprise technologies and hardware viability so when this type of product comes along work doesn't feel like a chore anymore ;)

http://www.amd.com/en/products/epyc

I have the opportunity to perform some testing on a dual socket AMD EPYC server.  The unit has 2x 32core/64 thread CPUs with a total of 64 cores and 128 threads, quite interesting to see in windows task manager thats for sure ;)

Most of the testing so far has been heavily focussed around enterprise software, virtualization and hpc which has been eye opening.  What is coming, should shake up the server market finally and AMD should be very proud of what they have achieved.

So my question is, what CPU information or benchmarking results would you like to see?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Cinebench :D 

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

Benchmarks, stuff like blender and cinebench are good options :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

What graphics cards is this thing rocking? Maybe the Vega FE? would be funny to see Ashes of Benchmark

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

The usual Cinebench R15.

Then for good measure: HWBOT x265 (1080p,4k), GPUPI for CPU, HWBOT Y-Cruncher, HWBOT Prime, HEVC H.265 DECODE.

Edit: AIDA64 memory bench. Cache speeds + memory bandwidth and all that. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

50 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Benchmarks, stuff like blender and cinebench are good options :P

I do have CineBench results already just fired it up for amusement and the results are impressive.

Adobe premier, cine bench, Y- Cruncher, you know what no gaming just do productivity also maybe mining and/or folding on the cpu just for giggles.  

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

44 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

What graphics cards is this thing rocking? Maybe the Vega FE? would be funny to see Ashes of Benchmark

Unfortunately I don't have an AMD GPU available for testing and the chassis is unlikely to have the required mounting hardware and power cabling for housing GPUs.

I did see AMD did some really impressive EPYC/VEGA combo in their 1PetaFlop compute stack recently;

https://wccftech.com/amd-manages-to-pack-a-1-petaflop-super-computer-in-a-rack-with-project-47/