Samsung 840 EVO 1TB for Mass Storage?

legend8887

Sure if you have a shit ton of money to blow on computer parts :)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

If you have the money and 1TB is enough for everything you need to store then I don't see why not.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

if you have 1 TB of OS and games, go for it

if its for movies 'n stuff dont, get a 4 TB HDD

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

if you have 1 TB of OS and games, go for it

if its for movies 'n stuff dont, get a 4 TB HDD

This. Movies 'n stuff won't really benefit from an ssd that much. You can still buy it if you have too much money, but you should probably spend it somewhere else.

Remember ssd's have a limited amount of writes.

I think its over a million

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Remember disk drives have a limited amount of writes.

Remember disk drives have a limited amount of writes.

Hard drives do not. They can be written to an infinite number of times - the only limit is the mechanical devices inside.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This "limit" will probably outlive the drive itself. 

And it will definitely outlive a hard drive.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I think its over a million

hardware info did a test of it, the results were like, 10 years of writing 10 gigs a day to your SSD, when you write 10 gigs a day to your ssd it will be full in no time...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

This "limit" will probably outlive the drive itself. 

And it will definitely outlive a hard drive.

Probably. But it is always worth remembering if you are going to be doing something that will write a large amount as it's running.

hello

hardware info did a test of it, the results were like, 10 years of writing 10 gigs a day to your SSD, when you write 10 gigs a day to your ssd it will be full in no time...

You might want to reread their conclusion.. http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4178/10/hardwareinfo-tests-lifespan-of-samsung-ssd-840-250gb-tlc-ssd-updated-with-final-conclusion-final-update-20-6-2013

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.