Floatplane Yearly Subscription

alexmad93
Just now, IgorM said:

Not seeing it either @ 

Now that I've linked it the yearly price is showing up but not in the cart

14 minutes ago, alexmad93 said:

I canceled my monthly plan and waited until it expired so I could switch over to yearly, however I am not seeing the option to purchase it anymore, just the monthly sub. Was it removed, or am I just blind?

https://linustechtips.com/main/store/category/3-subscriptions/

as far as I can tell, the yearly payment was a single option when they launched and they removed it afterwards.
I picked that option way back then ("way back") and 3 days ago, I made the yearly payment.

seems to be that if you were subscribed for a year, you could keep it yearly. but not if you stop.

though tbh. its unclear. 

perhaps @nicklmg could answer that better.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

53 minutes ago, alexmad93 said:

I canceled my monthly plan and waited until it expired so I could switch over to yearly, however I am not seeing the option to purchase it anymore, just the monthly sub. Was it removed, or am I just blind?

https://linustechtips.com/main/store/category/3-subscriptions/

I dont know how but I am seeing it...

Screenshot (13).png

56 minutes ago, IgorM said:

Now that I've linked it the yearly price is showing up but not in the cart

That's what I am seeing, good to know I am not the only one.

7 hours ago, alexmad93 said:

That's what I am seeing, good to know I am not the only one.

When i got floatplane about two weeks ago, i had the yearly option, maybe its for new users, or they removed it when bitwit came on

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 hours ago, Ashiella said:

When i got floatplane about two weeks ago, i had the yearly option, maybe its for new users, or they removed it when bitwit came on

They probably removed it because they'll be launching the new Floatplane soon and they can't afford people buying yearly subscriptions since they will be raising the price

33 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

They probably removed it because they'll be launching the new Floatplane soon and they can't afford people buying yearly subscriptions since they will be raising the price

Thats not the reason at all. They *want* as many people to sign altogether as they can. Its more about paypal being icky and Bitwit going as separate payment.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Ashiella said:

We removed it when Kyle came onboard. We didn't want to roll it out for him because there'll be a new payment system coming (a better one) WELL before a year, and we didn't want to have a bunch of people locked into this old one unnecessarily.

20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We removed it when Kyle came onboard. We didn't want to roll it out for him because there'll be a new payment system coming (a better one) WELL before a year, and we didn't want to have a bunch of people locked into this old one unnecessarily.

And, well honestly, I'd rather pay less and be locked into the "old" payment system than be able to use the "coming soon" one and pay more. (That is assuming that floatplane will cost like 15$US after the price bump) And wow, a fly just committed suicide on my display xD

And one question, what's so bad about the current payment system? I, or rather, the friend who's account I used floatplane on (terms and service doesn't say I can't do that), never had any issues with it. Can you add the payment system as a quick topic on the WAN show?

31 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

You didn't wanna say his name on the wan show but ti's ok now?

Bitwit Ultra has now launched

31 minutes ago, ahmedhara said:

And, well honestly, I'd rather pay less and be locked into the "old" payment system than be able to use the "coming soon" one and pay more. (That is assuming that floatplane will cost like 15$US after the price bump) And wow, a fly just committed suicide on my display xD

And one question, what's so bad about the current payment system? I, or rather, the friend who's account I used floatplane on (terms and service doesn't say I can't do that), never had any issues with it. Can you add the payment system as a quick topic on the WAN show?

The current payment system causes no end of issues with payments not being taken, payments being taken late, double charging, etc. For many people it works fine, but for some people it's very broken. There's also no support for some types of card, and some cards are rejected for no apparent reason.

HTTP/2 203