Good DAC to go with BeyerDynamic 990 pros

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

So Mr.Mayflower Rep what would you recommend out of your line of products for me?

I can't recommend my products since it will be against the CoC on this forum. You can shoot me a message on my website if you want to talk more.

Hey, I've been looking at getting a pair of Beyer 990 pros and I was looking for a DAC and Amp to drive the 250 Ω that this set of cans requires. I've been recommended a large number of amp/DAC combos. I don't know if the forum has high regards of the Schiit Magni, and Modi combo or the JDS O2+ODAC combo. The JDS seems a little out of my price range, but I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say! Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Edit: getting better responses here than on a true audiophile forum... Can't say I'm surprised

The FiiO E10 is a good cheap option. Drives the Beyerdynamics just fine.

I'd also vote against any Schiit products.

;) So Mr.Mayflower Rep what would you recommend out of your line of products for me?

So Mr.Mayflower Rep what would you recommend out of your line of products for me?

I can't recommend my products since it will be against the CoC on this forum. You can shoot me a message on my website if you want to talk more.

;) So Mr.Mayflower Rep what would you recommend out of your line of products for me?

He technically can't recommend his own products because CoC, but! I am willing to bet that he would suggest an O2. 

I can't recommend my products since it will be against the CoC on this forum.

Mayflower has been CoC blocked

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

The FiiO E10 is a good cheap option. Drives the Beyerdynamics just fine.

I'd also vote against any Schiit products.

Why not? I have never heard of them before, but I looked at their website and it said: 'you won't believe this schiit'. For whatever reason, that makes me think they're not the best company ever :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Why not? I have never heard of them before, but I looked at their website and it said: 'you won't believe this schiit'. For whatever reason, that makes me think they're not the best company ever :P

They're just a bad company all around.

Mayflower has been CoC blocked

This turns me on sexually... Just like how gas is my favorite flavor..

They're just a bad company all around.

Well. They are Schiit.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I have compared the Mayflower Objective DAC and AMP to the Woo Audio Fireflies WA-7 and honestly I thought overall the MayFlower Objective DAC/AMP combo kicked it's ass for a fraction of the price. But I'm also not an audiophile, I'm just an enthusiest that owns a lot of headphones :P

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

Barnacules Nerdgasm  B) 

[YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook]

I have compared the Mayflower Objective DAC and AMP to the Woo Audio Fireflies WA-7 and honestly I thought overall the MayFlower Objective DAC/AMP combo kicked it's ass for a fraction of the price. But I'm also not an audiophile, I'm just an enthusiast that owns a lot of headphones :P

I thought the most interesting thing you pointed out that I'm sure drove head-fi up a wall was that you thought the WA7 Fireflies was DESPITE being rated for much higher power not as loud as the O2 at full volume.

There's a pretty simple reason for this.  Thanks to much higher output impedance the WA7 LOSES much of it's output power, especially with low impedance headphones.  Also a good amount of energy is lost as heat.  Class A single-ended is an old, simple, effective, and incredibly inefficient design.  So there's a reason tube amps NEED to have so much output power.  We invented transistors for a reason.  Why does it still exist?:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_26_r.pdf (page 6)

I'd have just posted this on youtube, but, you know...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I thought the most interesting thing you pointed out that I'm sure drove head-fi up a wall was that you thought the WA7 Fireflies was DESPITE being rated for much higher power not as loud as the O2 at full volume.

There's a pretty simple reason for this.  Thanks to much higher output impedance the WA7 LOSES much of it's output power, especially with low impedance headphones.  Also a good amount of energy is lost as heat.  Class A single-ended is an old, simple, effective, and incredibly inefficient design.  So there's a reason tube amps NEED to have so much output power.  We invented transistors for a reason.  Why does it still exist?:

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_26_r.pdf (page 6)

I'd have just posted this on youtube, but, you know...

+1

This turns me on sexually... Just like how gas is my favorite flavor..

Well. They are Schiit.

I actually like their products, and their warranty is excellent. It's true they have issues with new products at first, but they iron them out and maintain good communication with customers.

I actually like their products, and their warranty is excellent. It's true they have issues with new products at first, but they iron them out and maintain good communication with customers.

post-2468-0-55452700-1386527951.jpg

That's a terrible way to run a business lol.

That's a terrible way to run a business lol.

Yeah if I want to beta test I'll buy into a beta of a game. Not a supposed finished product.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review